What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref Watch 2014 (aka the Skeepe Thread)

BuffaloRules

Coach
The amount of dud calls this year is starting to turn me off....

I have no confidence in any video ref call anymore.

cleary89

Coach
The guys on mmm had no problem with it being no try. Agree'd with it and said we saw nothing to over turn it. Just watched the highlights on nrl.com and agree with them. Wonder if skeepe agrees?

Swiftstylez

Bench
That storm no try was f**king disgusting. As an nrl fan that makes me mad because it is so unjustified. That is a try 999 times out of 1000

Apey

Staff member
Seriously this insufficient evidence to overturn system is embarrassingly bad. A lot of the time we're essentially relying on touch judges and referees to make the correct call on the field in real time, which we all know is a terrible thing to rely on and defeats the purpose of going to the video ref in the first place.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Seriously this insufficient evidence to overturn system is embarrassingly bad. A lot of the time we're essentially relying on touch judges and referees to make the correct call on the field in real time, which we all know is a terrible thing to rely on and defeats the purpose of going to the video ref in the first place.

It works if the video ref is competent

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
That storm no try was f**king disgusting. As an nrl fan that makes me mad because it is so unjustified. That is a try 999 times out of 1000

Clearly he got over the line and there was enough evidence to overturn.

But the good news is we are getting closer to an all NSW top8

johns_reds

First Grade
f**king getting turned off league real quick by the amount of f**k up by refs, how many have we had this weekend that have potentially decided the game, and there not easy to dismiss, these are huge blunders, cowboys robbed on Friday and storm robbed today, unbelievable

aqua_duck

Coach
Waqa ended up over the touch in goal line and bounced the ball about 3 times on the way there, it shouldn't take a genius to figure that the ball wouldn't touched the chalk on the way there

El Diablo

Post Whore
IIRC the ref didn't say he was checking grounding

he was checking for a knock on in the contest for the ball

gronkathon

First Grade
If "the home of Rugby League" put as many cameras at the game as Fox Sports it would have been clear one way or the other.

I thought he scored but could not say either way with any certainty

Latest posts