What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee talk 2013

Cryptic

Juniors
OK so again, you're all good with refs and think they are awesome? Or are you adding some deep insight to this argument? Oh wait, you're just trying to be a troll...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Doesn't post much in the main forum, but I recommend everyone read the Raiders forum whenever they lose.

Nutjob.

Parra

Referee
calling back Sandows try for obstruction was a joke. On field refs have been good so far. Video ref - snafu.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
calling back Sandows try for obstruction was a joke. On field refs have been good so far. Video ref - snafu.

On field ref called no try for that, video ref didn't have enough evidence to overturn it . I'm fine with it as long as they're consistent all year.

RufusRex

Post Whore
i like that call on Earl in the panthers game ... I think a ball should be forced with the palm and not brushed by a finger ... In seasons past that is probably awarded a try but he lost control of it.

Consistency this year will be the big thing though. If it is adjudicated consistently then i like.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I was referring to the disgusting knock on calls that weren't, the horrendous non-call when Segeyaro whacked Dugan in the nose, the disgraceful way Manu and Grant were permitted to drop forearms and elbows with impunity, the utterly diabolical video ref decisions (ok that wasn't him, maybe call it a team effort)... the Raiders never stood a chance.

ek999

First Grade
Ah Skeepe never fails to deliver. The forward passes in all matches is something that bug's me. Surely with 2 refs and 2 touch judges on the field it isn't that hard to see a forward pass. Especially out of dummy half. Lost count of the number that could have been called in every match I watched this weekend. All it would take is one round of calling them and the players would stop it pretty quick

Rosetta

Juniors
I haven't watched all the matches but the on-field refereeing is the same, the two referee system just doesn't work, both blokes want to blow their whistle so we see too many junk penalties, I'm hoping this was just a round 1 strategy to stamp authority but I'm not convinced. Video refereeing has improved dramatically, it was good to see Sandor Earl not rewarded for clearly losing control of the ball when attempting to ground it, would have been a lame ass no separation benefit of the doubt try last season.

Kiwi

First Grade
Srama try in round 2 looks the same as McCulloughs try in round 1, both called tries by the ref, one awarded, one not by the video refs.