What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee talk 2013

Ulysseus

Bench
If it's a scum bag shit c&^t tactic, then its no surprise it came from the storm.
The irony being the next team that tries it will probably get penalised.

thorson1987

Coach
If it's a scum bag shit c&^t tactic, then its no surprise it came from the storm.
The irony being the next team that tries it will probably get penalised.

Might aswell blame Glebe, has been happening for ages.

While we are on new rules.

A player going for a try and being held up has about as long as it takes to cook a roast dinner before they are called held.

How is that allowed, yet when a defender goes out of his way to tackle a decoy (which has no effect on the play anyway) it gets pulled back. Ridiculous.

no name

Coach
It all comes back to it never really been seen before. Whenever the refs are presented with something they've never seen before they don't know what to do. The Storm are innovative and always looking for new ways to challenge the current rules.
I expect a new ruling to come out of this.

Big Pete

Referee
It was smart by Melbourne because there hadn't been a precedent like that in years. The closest example I can think of is a Jarrod Croker try in 2009 when the Raiders pack tore whoever's scrum base in half for one of the coolest no try's you'll see.

Tough to cop though.

POPEYE

Coach
It all comes back to it never really been seen before. Whenever the refs are presented with something they've never seen before they don't know what to do. The Storm are innovative and always looking for new ways to challenge the current rules.

Where the f**k have you been all your League life, glued to a radio. Forwards delaying the defending opposition in a scrum is new?

Canard

Immortal

How many bongs do you pull before watching a game?

eozsmiles

Bench
The refs are probably better than the players. The ref's make a couple of mistakes each game, the players make a mistake every 2 minutes.

skeepe

Immortal
If Suttor and Sutton receive appointments after tonight's debacle, then Anderson must resign or be sacked for the good of the game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Can anyone figure out what was wrong with Fergusons try in the first half? This ridiculous obstruction rule has the referees very, very confused.

Fwiw we lost that game and whilst the refs were bad, we lost us that game so can we try not turn this into something its not. This obstruction rule has got to be sorted

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If Suttor and Sutton receive appointments after tonight's debacle, then Anderson must resign or be sacked for the good of the game.

Skeepe, are you at all capable of pointing out your own clubs flaws? Or are you the single biggest one eyed rat rooter on this forum.