What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refs against Manly -- Slater try

Big Pete

Referee
No it doesn't. It could imply that, or it could also imply that Manly have had a charmed run of late - as evidenced by the fact that you couldn't come up with any recent examples of calls not favouring them.

This man knows.

:lol: at the fuss over the comment.

Sackyhack

Juniors
Where are all the Storm supporters? It's nothing like Manly fans last week coming out to try and justify the decisions with statements like - But if you look at that one camera angle, I think there's doubt that there was a hint that it couldn't possibly not be called a no try.....

Followed by......

Foran knocked it out

I thought a Manly hand had knocked the ball out of Slaters hand so no knock on. Slater then grounded it so its a try.

Not seen it since as i was busy and just assumed it was a try so didn't watch replays.

Either way didn't matter.
Very good performance by the Storm and didn't let Manly play.

Noiyce :D

afinalsin666

First Grade
No try. Unfortunately there is no place for common sense in the current system.

Everyone could see it, but in one shot, for 1/20 of a second, it looked like a strip. Enough for a BOTD apparently.

Ridiculous officiating, but if something like that gives us a premiership, i'll take it with both hands.

WireMan

Bench
Followed by......

Noiyce :D

I'm not a Storm supporter.

I'm not a Manly one either, and don't care enough about individual teams in the NRL to get butt hurt about any of the decisions in recent games.

I thought the Manly bloke (Foran?) knocked it out of Slaters hand with his left arm so its play on. Which Slater did by landing on it.

Now there is a doubt whether that happened or not. When there is doubt, the benefit goes to the attacker. Hence T-R-Y Time.

Billythekid

First Grade
It was a bloody terrible call and BOTD is a huge copout, hate it. F*ck the video ref and BOTD.

I almost though they were going to say Foran stipped it over the line and then slater scored (still would have been a horrible call) but BOTD means they just thought he grounded it. The ball was lost clear as day.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Terrible call. Maybe not quite as bad as Foran's one last week, but not far behind. There's deadset going to be one of them next Sunday. Put the house on it. Just hopefully it won't be 16-14 or something like that when it happens.

Disco

Bench
Maybe a grand final decided by a horrible decision is what it will take to see some change

StormHi

Juniors
LOL @ The Cry Baby Manly fans Sure sounds like they give a f**k!!

Btw no clear separation = botd try <Read the rules dumb merkins>
Possible strip by foran = botd try <Read the rulesdumb merkins>

Better team won regardless awesome to see manly fall flat on their face and watching Tooves fume was even better.

PS Gus should be put out to pasture or shot.

no name

Referee
The biggest thing that stuck out for me was that Chambers dropped it in the play the ball.
It shouldn't have even got to the Slater part (which I think was a knock on)

StormHi

Juniors
Fore arm is classified as part of the hand when it comes to separation and determining if a try was scored.

So much Hoopla over an obvious decision. There is a reason the Video ref only had to look at 2 different angles.

Disco

Bench
Fore arm is classified as part of the hand when it comes to separation and determining if a try was scored.

So much Hoopla over an obvious decision. There is a reason the Video ref only had to look at 2 different angles.
And this is half the problem, all these little terms that have crept into the rule book..... downward pressure, separation, BOTD.

Common sense said he dropped it, just like last week there was no way that foran didnt knock that ball on.

And i dont want to hear typical Manly fan, sore loser etc

Because this had no bearing on the match, were were clearly outplayed in all facets of the game but its just frustrating that every week we are talking about some team thas copped a bad call.

Now obviously we are never going to erradicate that but surely we should be able to minimise it

Latest posts