What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refs against Manly -- Slater try

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Geez you're a dopey merkin. Besides the Cowpats game, can you name another major ref call that has favoured Manly? The fact that only 1 recent game has been impacted either way does not correlate with a claim of "about time..."

LOL. You f**ked up and jumped to a conclusion. You could just admit it and move on or you could get upset like a bitch and start name-calli......wait, too late.

Who are you to determine what someone thinks is "about time"?

Disco

Bench
Okay so i will preface this by saying that i haven't read all the posts in this thread.

What i will say is that obviously the Slater try was a no try.

But that had no influence on the game, Manly were completely outplayed and out enthused.

If fact Smith generally wouldn't miss those three goals so it kind of evened out.

However in terms of the performance of the refs overall over the season. Its atrocious.

The Cowboys shouldn't have had to put up with the Foran knock-on, we shouldn't have had to cop that Slater try and the the tigers should still be peeved about the Bulldogs game.

The list could go on and on and on.

The whole system needs a review!

Im not implying i have the answers, but Christ it surely cant be that difficult

Shorty

Staff member
Terrible officiating for that try, but Manly were awful without any help.
Enjoyed every bit of it, put in their place.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I am watching a replay of the game tonight and enjoying it immensely.Billy`s try DIDN`T change the momentum of the game like the 2 non tries from last week.I think we would have had a better game against the cowboys than the warmup STORM had tonight.

Garts

Bench
That was a worse call imo than last weeks (both no tries in my eyes). However it means sh!t as we deserved to lose by 60 points so who cares.

innsaneink

Referee
That Slater try was not a try. * refs. Piss the lot of them off.

DANCING_STICK_SPARTAN_by_stickmandancingplz.gif

Sackyhack

Juniors
Where are all the Storm supporters? It's nothing like Manly fans last week coming out to try and justify the decisions with statements like - But if you look at that one camera angle, I think there's doubt that there was a hint that it couldn't possibly not be called a no try.....

Disco

Bench
I don't really understand the anger towards Manly for last week.

We didn't make the calls, the refs did.

Just like its not Slaters fault that he was awarded the try

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

Have a look at the first thread after the game last week. There wasn't any anger towards Manly until their fans started telling Cowboys fans to "suck it up" and "dry their eyes".

All of the anger was directed at the refs.

Besides, you guys don't care about it anyway right?

Last edited:

Sackyhack

Juniors

Yeah, but you can't let the truth get in the way of a good ol' fashioned Manly beat up.

WireMan

Bench
I thought a Manly hand had knocked the ball out of Slaters hand so no knock on. Slater then grounded it so its a try.

Not seen it since as i was busy and just assumed it was a try so didn't watch replays.

Either way didn't matter.
Very good performance by the Storm and didn't let Manly play.

Disco

Bench
Have a look at the first thread after the game last week. There wasn't any anger towards Manly until their fans started telling Cowboys fans to "suck it up" and "dry their eyes".

All of the anger was directed at the refs.

Besides, you guys don't care about it anyway right?

Don't care about what?

Understandable i suppose if a few fans where being knobs, there are a few i have noticed around here that can be that way

Latest posts