What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regular Season Week 4

Big Mick

Referee
Raider you can't expect this team to just gel.

You bought a shiteload of players. They need time to gell.

Vick has been beaten up. That O-Line is absolutely shithouse.

You could't expect Vick to be that good again this season as well.

He looks to be back to relying on running now as well.

I'd blame the defense tbh. They look sub-par aside from Jason Babin who is on track for 28 sacks.

Shorty

Staff member
It's coming ;-)
You'd have to hope so, the defense could be better but overall this is an extremely strong team.
Vick was already getting beat up at the end of last year, you'd expect O-Line improvements.

That being said San Fran will surprise this season.

Big Mick

Referee
I'll say this about the Bengals...that defense is for real.

They absolutely shut down the run and covered really well today.

The Bills were totally dominated in 3rd & 4th Q.

AJ Green and Gresham looked good and so did Dalton.

I'm upset we lost but I think the Bengals are going to be better than the Steelers this year and will push the Ravens.

kurt faulk

Coach

rams were woeful today. dropped passes, endless penalties, missed tackles. and to think at the end the d makes a play, gives the offense the ball in the redzone then they have a 3 play, minus 30 yard drive. pathetic.

spags better use the bye to find out what the hell has happened to this supposedly up and coming team.

Big Mick

Referee
at least we'll be picking early enough in the draft to get a good LB.

I can't believe they haven't called Lofa Tatupu or Dhani Jones.

Someone there that can provide some leadership.

Sure they mightn't fit right...but f**k me...noone looks like they fight right atm.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I agree, its going to take time to gel but its not really the gelling that is costing us, its dumb mistakes... missed FGs which should be gimmies, fumbles like the one from Maclin, drops from DeSean Jackson- you want to get paid, you damn well better start catching catchable footballs, Ronnie Brown litterely throwing it away on our 2 yard line... we had 500 yards of total offense and only put up 23 points all because of dumb mistakes that are completely avoidable.

These sorts of mistakes, not mistakes forced on us by good D, or turn overs made from great plays, its just park football mistakes that pro's shouldnt make, and so far they have cost us 2 games of the 3 we've lost

The OL has huge issues, no question and i dont think anyone expected Vick to be as good this year. Nnamdi and the other CB's need to start earning their pay cheques

but most of all we cant expect to be a SB team whilst we are that bad at defending the run, and that ultimately comes back to the LB's, which is a position Reid has pretty much ignored for the best part of 5 years. After the press conference Reid's first act should be to pick up his phone and see what Lofa is doing

as you rightly stated mick, he may not be as good as he once was, but he'd be a huge upgrade on what we've got right now

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach
All he'd need to do is see the medic.

all teams have injuries to deal with. you have to figure out a way to win.

injuries are never an excuse for poor play.

i look around the league and see all these receivers making great catch after catch then i see the rams and all i see are balls hitting them in the hands and getting dropped. the false starts are unbelievable, and on their home turf. there are no excuses.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ignoring how shit my team is right now, how great is it too see teams like the lions and bills do well?

The Lions are the real deal

Megatron is my favorite non-Panthers player right now, the dude is ridiculous! That catch he made jumping over 2 defenders today was unreal.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Cam Newton proves yet again what a freak he is ... shame our run D can't stop a paper bag and our special teams unit sucks!!

Mhartew

Juniors
The Cardinals got screwed over towards the end of the game with a Horrible call on a Victor Cruz fumble. But regardless of that, they didn't take their chances and The Offense had 2:35 to go down the field and get a touchdown and they couldn't do it. The Defense was good for the majority of the game, but let in 2 soft TD's for the Giants win. Frustrating really, we're a better team than this. 3 close losses in a row really hurts.

On a brighter note, Wells had a great game today. 138yds and 3TD's. Good to see him reaching his potential.

Shorty

Staff member
Philly has always seemed to struggle with the run on D, maybe that's a chink in Reid's armour.
I watched the Raiders/Pats game this morning, first game of watching the Raiders.....have they always been this ill disciplined on defense?
Their offense is actually quite capable.

Mhartew

Juniors
Crazy game with the Jets vs Ravens. Both offenses can't get anything done. Both Defenses playing like men possessed pretty much scoring all the points. Turnovers a plenty.

abpanther

Staff member
WOW!!

I had to watch the SF vs PHI game delayed this morning but have been on a high ever since.

I can't remember being this happy with a win in a long time, I mean at half time I was wondering by how many we were gonna lose. To come back against a star studded Eagles team on the east coast, man so pumped with this win.

Alex Smith was great in the second half, the 49ers have a legit backfield duo now in Gore and Hunter, and our defense (despite Vicks stats) was very good, now haven't allowed a 100yd rusher in 26 games.

Navorro Bowman at ILB has been a revelation, he is outplaying Willis at the moment. Oh and Aldon Smith was bestly today with 2 sacks and almost a couple more, I think he will start from here on out

abpanther

Staff member
These sorts of mistakes, not mistakes forced on us by good D, or turn overs made from great plays, its just park football mistakes that pro's shouldnt make, and so far they have cost us 2 games of the 3 we've lost

Say what you will about the game this week but you're kidding if you don't think the 49ers defense is a good one. Up there with the leaders in rush defense and that play by Justin Smith at the end of the game to strip Maclin was a superhuman effort, that was a great defensive play.

abpanther

Staff member
Feeling much better about that away win against the Bengals last week now...

Big Mick

Referee
U should.

That Bengals defense is legit man.

Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson are two of the best young Rushing DE's in the game.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Sucks hard that Johnson went down but getting a win @ Steelers was awesome

1st playoff birth looks real likely for the Texans

Big Mick

Referee
I've been a little bit disappointed in Marcell Dareus imo.

I know he plays a position where he wont get a lot of penetration but he should have hammered Dalton on that play where he scored on the draw today and didn't lay a hand on him.

And of course Maybin gets a sack/fumble in his first start for the Jets...of course he does. Biggest waste of Draft Pick in the teams history (why oh why didn't we take Orakpo) yet he gets a sack in his first game for the Jets.

Latest posts