What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Release-O-Rama

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think I've ever seen the walking definition of average until I saw Holly back in 99. Not a big loss but still it's sad to hear people lose their job.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Not entirely related but I saw Matt Cappotelli's name on the list, did he beat the cancer or is he still fighting it?

Bulldog Force

Referee
What's so negative about it? You get paid I dare say a 6 figure salary to walk around in a ring for 10 minutes a week. See? You work for 10 minutes a week and get paid $100,000 (I dare say at least) for it - and get to be on TV and travel around the country and in some cases the world, stay in good hotel rooms (I would say 4 star) and live the high life.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What's so negative about it? You get paid I dare say a 6 figure salary to walk around in a ring for 10 minutes a week. See? You work for 10 minutes a week and get paid $100,000 (I dare say at least) for it - and get to be on TV and travel around the country and in some cases the world, stay in good hotel rooms (I would say 4 star) and live the high life.

You think someone who does a job you don't really need any formal training for can command a six-figure annual salary?

Bulldog Force

Referee
You think someone who does a job you don't really need any formal training for can command a six-figure annual salary?
That's why I said "I dare say" and I believe that yes they get paid that much because they spend a lot of time aware from their families - they need to be compensated in some ways.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They can be compensated with free stays at hotels the world over, free transportation and a salary of let's say $50,00 p.a.

To be a wrestler, you must train extensively to gather the skills and fitness; to be the booker you must know the inside and outs of the industry.

To be a ref...Anyone knows the rules, with a short 5 minute course anyone can help assemble/take apart the ring, and anyone can act like an unconscious lug when a superstar clumsily taps you on the shoulder.

Not wortj $100k p.a. imo.

IanG

Coach
Ah ok so the refs are basically the roadies. They wouldn't get the same kind of groupies though.

butch82

Juniors
i remember readn an article in some wrestling mag n im pretty sure they dont get paid that well to do what they r doin.pretty ordinary money..il try n find the mag somewhere

bartman

Immortal
Oops, I meant to post that in the spoilers thread - I don't know what happened...

Sorry.

Eelementary

Post Whore
i remember readn an article in some wrestling mag n im pretty sure they dont get paid that well to do what they r doin.pretty ordinary money..il try n find the mag somewhere

I'm not surprised. They don't do much, with all due respect.

IanG

Coach
Also they play another part in a match. If a wrestler can't talk direct to his opponent then the ref acts as the messanger. Not to mention secretly handing a wrestler a sliver of a razor wrapped in tape to juice himself.

Even though these days we all know it's a show so juicing is rather unnessesary.