What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Release-O-Rama

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm not surprised. They don't do much, with all due respect.

As IanG said, they're actually quite important to the show from a choreography standpoint. They're miked and ear-phoned up, so they can deliver messages to the performers for on the fly booking. They're also there to keep an eye on the condition of workers after spots etc.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As IanG said, they're actually quite important to the show from a choreography standpoint. They're miked and ear-phoned up, so they can deliver messages to the performers for on the fly booking. They're also there to keep an eye on the condition of workers after spots etc.

I understand that and can appreciate what they bring to the table in that respect. But I doubt they get paid a six-figure annual income for doing that.

Satsok

Juniors
how the f**k have all of you looked over the greatest loss on that list..

VAL VENIS

that guy is god..

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not really surprised. I like Colt Cabana a lot, but Scotty Goldman was a terrible gimic and it was never going to get anywhere.

They debuted him as a generic jobber, thats why. If they had built him up as this comedic jobber, who could go in the ring but didnt have to win, and had ample time on the mic, Scotty could have gotten over. Hell, they could have pushed him as a manager.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Does anyone know whether Victoria was released of if it was her decision to retire? Also, I notice Natalya has been moved to ECW from Smackdown before the draft. What's going on there?

Does anyone know whether Victoria was released of if it was her decision to retire? Also, I notice Natalya has been moved to ECW from Smackdown before the draft. What's going on there?
Victoria retired. She let her contract expire, and was offered another contract but said no. As for Natalya, she is currently a valet for Tyson Kidd (T.J. Wilson), who is actually her real-life boyfriend. The original plan was actually to have Neidhart, Wilson, and DH Smith form The New Hart Foundation on SmackDown. However, Smith (being the absolute moron he is) decided to tell creative that he should be a part of The Legacy. He is now being buried in FCW.

Bulldog Force

Referee
WWE Releases Manu
By PainLord
Feb 23, 2009 - 7:01:27 PM

From WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Manu as of February 23, 2009. WWE wishes Manu the best in all future endeavors.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Please let the next release be Hacksaw Jim Duggan
I'm sure his RR appearance was a celerity one off as it was the 21st anniversary of the RR and he was the first winner - just like RVD - only a one off. But gosh it was refreshing to see his moves again in the RR :D

Stonecutter

First Grade
Victoria retired. She let her contract expire, and was offered another contract but said no. As for Natalya, she is currently a valet for Tyson Kidd (T.J. Wilson), who is actually her real-life boyfriend. The original plan was actually to have Neidhart, Wilson, and DH Smith form The New Hart Foundation on SmackDown. However, Smith (being the absolute moron he is) decided to tell creative that he should be a part of The Legacy. He is now being buried in FCW.

She's doing MMA now :).

Bulldog Force

Referee
And Kizarney.
Don't really know Kizarney - can't say I'm fussed. A little upset they let the boogeyman go - he was funny. Can't believe WWE is doing all this cost-cutting crap. Sure these are tough times, but these are all little drops in the billion dollar bucket. It sucks that they are getting rid of all these little benefits and wrestlers who are trying to make something of themselves.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah but neither the Boogeyman not Kizarney are big losses. Boogeyman had a funny gimmick but Kizarney sucked at every level.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yeah but neither the Boogeyman not Kizarney are big losses. Boogeyman had a funny gimmick but Kizarney sucked at every level.
Yeah I'm not too fussed about Kizarney as I never saw him. Boogeyman though he was a crack up. At Armageddon he freaked out Santino and it was probably the funniest WWE moment of the year :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I liked the Boogeyman's gimmick. But he was pretty crap in the ring - I had a huge smile on my face when Kane beat him a few weeks back. I'm a Kane fan, but I'll admit he's not as good as we was years ago.

Kizarney was generic as. I thought, "Hmm. Could be interesting." And on his SD! debut he did nothing uniquely Kizarney