What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relocation

possm

Coach
Buzz rothfield said the dragons should be one to relocate...
Not that this muppet means anything but i certainly won’t be following the nrl if the dragons are relocated ...
Wondering others thoughts?

The Sharks have fallen in love with Kogarah Oval. They also would like to own the Illawarra District Junior competition. Little does he know that with the realestate down turn in Sydney, the sharks are on the edge of bankruptcy and may lose all their assets.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Dragons won’t be going anywhere whilst they stay hitched onto Illawarra’s gravy train.
Yep you are right there. Illawarra is our protector . Cronulla will not be going anywhere. Development money aplenty and the PM as their patron. I don’t think Slow-Mo will allow the Sharks to be moved. Besides the St George juniors are decreasing not like those in Cronulla or in the Illawarra. Without Illawarra we would be looking anxiously over our shoulder but with Illawarra as part of our joint venture we can argue we are not a Sydney locked club. We have already relocated in one respect, we have already contributed to the expansion of the NRL. No we are safe but West Tigers are not.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yep you are right there. Illawarra is our protector . Cronulla will not be going anywhere. Development money aplenty and the PM as their patron. I don’t think Slow-Mo will allow the Sharks to be moved. Besides the St George juniors are decreasing not like those in Cronulla or in the Illawarra. Without Illawarra we would be looking anxiously over our shoulder but with Illawarra as part of our joint venture we can argue we are not a Sydney locked club. We have already relocated in one respect, we have already contributed to the expansion of the NRL. No we are safe but West Tigers are not.

I have a dream (unfortunately it will never happen). Rationalisation of ludicrous situation in Eastern Suburbs with two teams sharing an area with virtually no juniors. Souths (which isn't really south) and the Sydney Roosters to be offered the option of merger or relocation. Why should the Dragons, Wests and Balmain (both foundation clubs) be the only Sydney teams forced into losing their identity?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I have a dream (unfortunately it will never happen). Rationalisation of ludicrous situation in Eastern Suburbs with two teams sharing an area with virtually no juniors. Souths (which isn't really south) and the Sydney Roosters to be offered the option of merger or relocation. Why should the Dragons, Wests and Balmain (both foundation clubs) be the only Sydney teams forced into losing their identity?
I hate the Roosters so much they make me love Brisbane and Melbourne a bit. The latest is Roosters are in the box seat to snare Ramien!!! They already have Manu and Latrell signed up wtf! I would happily take Manu, in fact of all the centres going around he's probably the trouble free get the job done type of centre we really need. You can't have enough back up though right? They are also trying to get Alex Brimson from the Titans as back up for Teddy. Their backups are ones we would have wet dreams about.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Buzz is all about Scumnulla. He commented on our low weekend crowd. Blocker said its it's because they're 14th! But when there winning they have one of the biggest fan base in nrl. The other panel members other than Buzz all agreed.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
We won't be relocating anytime soon, in fact anytime at all.

The NRL is more about expansion rather than relocating existing clubs. Only clubs who are financially in dire straights will be asked to relocate or fold. We ain't one of those.

The AFL got it right. They have 9 or 10 teams within the Melbourne area and all attract huge crowds every week. However, there were clubs like Fitzroy who became financially poor and were asked to form the Brisbane Lions. The Sydney Swans were originally South Melbourne.

So Rothfield, I'd be more worried about the Sharkies and trying some positive press around them, rather than trying to deflect the attention away.

Latest posts