What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember Trent Barrett.

The Preacher

First Grade
I was watching some footy on Fox3 last night, and saw Trent Barrett play an absolutely brilliant game for Wigan against Catalan.
He continually took the line on, had runners going everywhere, made line breaks and kicked very,very well.
What a pity the red and white he was wearing was that of Wigan and not the Dragons.
It was really good seeing that the $80k we're paying for this year is reaping rewards for someone.
Paying people to leave...........................priceless.

big pat

Coach
The Preacher said:
I was watching some footy on Fox3 last night, and saw Trent Barrett play an absolutely brilliant game for Wigan against Catalan.
He continually took the line on, had runners going everywhere, made line breaks and kicked very,very well.
What a pity the red and white he was wearing was that of Wigan and not the Dragons.
It was really good seeing that the $80k we're paying for this year is reaping rewards for someone.
Paying people to leave...........................priceless.
i watched that game also played pretty well, did you notice the high shot he did on greenshields, who also played well in a beaten side.

The Preacher

First Grade
Clint went very well in a beaten side. I saw the high shot, but I also saw them straight after the game, having a laugh and shaking hands. I think it was a case of who got the chance to get one on the other. Trent got the points and the shot.
Did you see Trent, and then the Catalans player go over the fence. If Trent would've done that over here, he would've had the next 4 weeks out injured.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yeah I watched a bit of that last night and it did leave me pining for 2005. But this morning when I got to work and flipped my desk calendar to June 22, I read an interesting quote.

The worst thing you can try to do is cling to something that is gone, or to recreate it. Johnette Napolitano.

I liked a few Concrete Blonde songs.

Dragooner

Bench
Most people were anti-Barrett but now that he's gone we truly realise how important he truly was.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Perhaps we can start a Barrett penpal club. lol

Saints have lost a shirtload of good players over the last 12 months.

Of the ones who are left, more than half of them have been getting injured. In the past, Barrett was usually one of them.

For the record, I don't expect Bailey to come back either.

gregstar

Referee
to be fair to barrett, he tried his arse off last year - but he had zilch impact.

in my eyes he never realised the pomise of '96 & '97.

i still find it amazing that he finished in the top half of the dally m's in '00 let alone winning it.

i didn't hate barrett but i kept waiting for him to give us the kind of performance he showed in a couple of origins where he was clearly man of the match. i realised then that we needed either fittler or johns alongside him at our club for this to happen.

good luck to barrett but if i'd had the opportunity to lose him rather than mundine back in '00, trent barrett would be a boxer right now.

drake

First Grade
I've been a fan of Baz for years, even though I used to wish we could hypnotise him into believing the Red V was a Sky Blue NSW jersey.

But to be honest; Barrett was the release we had to have.

saintrommel

Juniors
Catalan are not the best team in the English Superleague so Trent did look good but in most the top games this year especially v's St Helens he's been cack

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Most people were anti-Barrett but now that he's gone we truly realise how important he truly was.

So right.

He would have one bad game and that was it he was useless.

I saw him play in one of the earlier games in the year in the pissing down rain. He had an awesome game and won it for Wigan with his kicking game.

Can i just say thank you for Trent B, From a wigan warrior fan he as been fantastic for us over here in the UK can,t wait to see what other players are coming over here because big Brian fletcher is retiring at the end of this season and also Shane millard.:D

Red Bear

Referee
Godz Illa said:
Yeah I watched a bit of that last night and it did leave me pining for 2005. But this morning when I got to work and flipped my desk calendar to June 22, I read an interesting quote.

The worst thing you can try to do is cling to something that is gone, or to recreate it. Johnette Napolitano.

I liked a few Concrete Blonde songs.
Like anthony mundine?????

I'll just get my coat and leave:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't see anyone hanging out for return of Mundine. That's over now. Mundine, Barrett, Bailey etc... all former Saints who are now part of the record books. Moving on...

_Johnsy

Referee
we have a fugged club that runs it like a leppers nose picking convention. I have had enough, back to another boags for me.

Latest posts