What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Zadar

Juniors
Anyone remember this?

Do they still make Moove?

8147036072_ef1f1e140c_b.jpg

MOOVE MILK 1979 - YouTube

this always make me remember of another chocolate milk that was called shake, but I think it may have been spelt oddly like shayk,shaxe? Used to shake it to make it thicker, I remember it late 80s and into the 90s, thought it was sensational. Bugs me that I can’t find an image.

soc123_au

Staff member
this always make me remember of another chocolate milk that was called shake, but I think it may have been spelt oddly like shayk,shaxe? Used to shake it to make it thicker, I remember it late 80s and into the 90s, thought it was sensational. Bugs me that I can’t find an image.
This is the best I could find.

EnLko7SVQAI3Q66.jpg

Oak (Major sponsor of the mighty Panthers) do a version of it that is pretty good.

soc123_au

Staff member
brilliant! That’s exactly what it was.
I’ll have a very little soft spot for your panther now:)
It was good stuff. I remember always being torn when I bought it because it was 250mls when a regular chocolate moove or FM was 300mls. lol. That would date it around 83 or 84, as I remember it coming out in my first or second year of high school.

I was a MAD collector 1985 to mid/late 90s.

Had a subscription and even submitted some gags (albeit, written as a 12 year old). Didn't get printed, sadly. I didn't get it all as a kid, and I appreciate satire and parody far more now. However, MAD certainly formed and skewed my outlook on politics and popular culture.

Their film and TV satires were absolutely fantastic. Even the most throwaway gag was a skewer.

To this day, and I know MAD is all but dead, but I still love the back issues and often refer to movies or TV shows by their MAD titles. In fact, I once thought about my DVD/Blu Ray collection and turfing the movies that weren't parodied. LOL.

Jim Rockford

Bench

Had a subscription and even submitted some gags (albeit, written as a 12 year old). Didn't get printed, sadly. I didn't get it all as a kid, and I appreciate satire and parody far more now. However, MAD certainly formed and skewed my outlook on politics and popular culture.

Their film and TV satires were absolutely fantastic. Even the most throwaway gag was a skewer.

To this day, and I know MAD is all but dead, but I still love the back issues and often refer to movies or TV shows by their MAD titles. In fact, I once thought about my DVD/Blu Ray collection and turfing the movies that weren't parodied. LOL.
Yep, I was a subscriber too. Loved Spy v Spy and all the movie parodies.

Cheers for posting that - watched the lot.

Great memories of the times I went there and very sad that the cunning of global business was ultimately the chief cause of it's undoing...

And uncannily - what this host suggests was the instigation of Wonderland in the first place - The Ghost Train Fire @ Luna Park in 1979 and its subsequent shutdown - had ultimately the same common theme as the demise of Wonderland.... The Land.... Submarining an otherwise successful fun park to gain control of the development of the land it sat on...

It's also sadly a theme across other industries where the value of the land is re-assessed and redeveloped to make "more profitable use" of the land. Along with Theme parks, Drive-In theatres...

There's still one not from where I live in Adelaide.... I went there on a Saturday night last year to watch "Back to the Future".... the place was packed (as it is every friday and saturday night). And it was an awesome night out....

I also remember childhood holidays driving up the Pacific Highway from Sydney to the north coast, and all the theme parks dotted at various locations along the way. Sitting in the back of the car and pleading with Dad to pull into them and have a go on the rides. Many have long since gone, made way for "land development"...

That's my nostalgia fix sorted, and thankfully there's still at least a few old-school forms of entertainment hanging in there on the land they sit on.... Luna Park (all-be-it havng lost a lot of it's glory-day charm) and the Mainline Cinema on Main North Rd here in Adelaide.

Generalzod

Immortal

I remember one movie that was parodied was Rambo 2 even 007s Roger Moore made an appearance.

Generalzod

Immortal
Cheers for posting that - watched the lot.

Great memories of the times I went there and very sad that the cunning of global business was ultimately the chief cause of it's undoing...

And uncannily - what this host suggests was the instigation of Wonderland in the first place - The Ghost Train Fire @ Luna Park in 1979 and its subsequent shutdown - had ultimately the same common theme as the demise of Wonderland.... The Land.... Submarining an otherwise successful fun park to gain control of the development of the land it sat on...

It's also sadly a theme across other industries where the value of the land is re-assessed and redeveloped to make "more profitable use" of the land. Along with Theme parks, Drive-In theatres...

There's still one not from where I live in Adelaide.... I went there on a Saturday night last year to watch "Back to the Future".... the place was packed (as it is every friday and saturday night). And it was an awesome night out....

I also remember childhood holidays driving up the Pacific Highway from Sydney to the north coast, and all the theme parks dotted at various locations along the way. Sitting in the back of the car and pleading with Dad to pull into them and have a go on the rides. Many have long since gone, made way for "land development"...

That's my nostalgia fix sorted, and thankfully there's still at least a few old-school forms of entertainment hanging in there on the land they sit on.... Luna Park (all-be-it havng lost a lot of it's glory-day charm) and the Mainline Cinema on Main North Rd here in Adelaide.
Yeah like O’Neill’s adventure land heading towards Cobbity, that area has changed, from being bushy area to being a concrete jungle, used to have drive in theatre in Caringbah that’s gone, it’s now a Bunnings, the last drive in I went to was Bass hill, that gone, I think for memory the only drive in theatre is Blacktown...

Yeah like O’Neill’s adventure land heading towards Cobbity, that area has changed, from being bushy area to being a concrete jungle, used to have drive in theatre in Caringbah that’s gone, it’s now a Bunnings, the last drive in I went to was Bass hill, that gone, I think for memory the only drive in theatre is Blacktown...

Oneills adventure land
Magic Kingdom
El Caballo Blanco...
Amaroo & Oran Park...
Wonderland
Countless Drive ins...

Lest we forget....