What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

horrie hastings

First Grade
I've always liked the smell of KFC. The only thing I got sick of was prepping the chicken. The rib pieces you had to break the bone and then jam your thumb into the cavity to force the giblets out. That got real old pretty quick. I seem to remember we got some sort of discount and the staff got to divide up any chicken that was left over at time of close.

That would be horrible having to do the rib pieces like you described, I do like chicken giblets but not in fried bits, you would think that all the pieces would come in ready to go straight into mixture with out any more preparation. The find I find with my local KFC is the size of the thigh pieces vary all the time, some big, some small.

Jim Rockford

Bench
That would be horrible having to do the rib pieces like you described, I do like chicken giblets but not in fried bits, you would think that all the pieces would come in ready to go straight into mixture with out any more preparation. The find I find with my local KFC is the size of the thigh pieces vary all the time, some big, some small.
Yeah. there was quite a range in sizes of all the pieces. It was only the rib pieces you had to do anything with. All the others went straight in the flour and then into the batter.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah. there was quite a range in sizes of all the pieces. It was only the rib pieces you had to do anything with. All the others went straight in the flour and then into the batter.

Yes about the pieces being in a range of sizes, the drumsticks vary widely too, sometimes get a decent sized breast piece from the local one also, usually amazed when I get a breast piece in a pack.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Yes about the pieces being in a range of sizes, the drumsticks vary widely too, sometimes get a decent sized breast piece from the local one also, usually amazed when I get a breast piece in a pack.
Yeah, breast pieces were pretty scarce. IIRC there was only 4 breast pieces on a tray of 64 total pieces. I also remember a couple of drumsticks that were like the size of bowling pins. Must have come from a mutant chicken.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeah, breast pieces were pretty scarce. IIRC there was only 4 breast pieces on a tray of 64 total pieces. I also remember a couple of drumsticks that were like the size of bowling pins. Must have come from a mutant chicken.

I get a bit of fried chicken from Clem's at Newtown and they throw in more breast and thigh bits when i get a pack from there, the drumsticks are pretty small but their wings always have meat on them and i quite like the wings from there, sometimes when one of the sons is on[ the sons own the business now] he will throw a few extra piece in or a large chips or a salad without charging as we have been regulars over the years and also he likes talking footy when we are in.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I get a bit of fried chicken from Clem's at Newtown and they throw in more breast and thigh bits when i get a pack from there, the drumsticks are pretty small but their wings always have meat on them and i quite like the wings from there, sometimes when one of the sons is on[ the sons own the business now] he will throw a few extra piece in or a large chips or a salad without charging as we have been regulars over the years and also he likes talking footy when we are in.
It's always good when places you patronize over long periods let you know they appreciate your business by throwing in some extras. Getting to talk footy is a nice bonus too.

Latest posts