What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

All great pics @Fire

Gotta say the slip and slide - an absolute classic, always fraught with crashes into fences, grass burns, and general carnage.

And sneaking a peek at the old mans' stash of grot - or ones you'd by off the school scallywag who worked at the local newsagent, flogging them for $2 a pop...

happy days..

Hahah. Sounds like you could’ve been a customer of my older brother.

Not a Sydney Tech boy, by chance?

Lambretta

First Grade
images

Raleigh Grifter

1769723_121112134613_IMG_2922.JPG

Scalextric

51804aa.jpg

Massey Ferguson tractor

images

Kenny Dalglish

horrie hastings

First Grade
You've captured the 3 essential childhood food-groups here.

Lollies
Devon and Sauce Sandwich
Coola (nothing better to drink)

Nothing else needed.

Used to go to a family friends place for BBQs at Casula when we were kids and they always had a styrofoam cooler jug full of Coola, it was bloody delicious when you were a kid.
Good to see sunny boys there too, used to love them especially when you got one that said you won a free one inside the packaging.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Had this game when I was young, you used to fly around the world from Sydney and go to exotic destinations then have to get back to Sydney, you had to have an exact score to land back in Sydney so often back tracked between Nandi and Auckland, it was a bit like the holding patterns when you fly into Sydney these days, lol

il_570xN_660048934_3qp0.jpg step1g_bptc_l[1].jpg u1kdi0_bptg_l[1].jpg

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I'm cracking 60 so some of my earliest memories were hearing the Beatles on the Transistor radio, buying the little 7" 45 records from Festival and having Grand Dad around for the Sunday roast.

Life's Good

Coach
eating a chiko roll...wagging school to hit the beach with your surf mat...
watching the footy on the family's black and white tele.View attachment 24476 View attachment 24477 View attachment 24478
Haha, the old dial turn TV. We had neighbors who bought a new TV in the early 80’s & back then it was a big deal so I went over to take a look. I’ll never forget my astonishment when I realised you could stay seated & change the channel with a WIRED remote control!

772C7167-C476-4328-9486-CE261EFF11BD.jpeg

The Rosco

Bench
Sounds like me packing for a morning of fishing
I have a confession. Just got back from a mornings fishin.
Ham and tomato sauce roll. Salt and vinegar kettle chips. A packet of Allens snakes. And GI cordial.
Thats all I took.
I'm gonna buy some devon tomorrow. A fresh Viet bakery roll with devon and sauce. It's about time.

Latest posts