What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Lambretta

First Grade
I know you know what I was referencing but reading it again brings a tear to my eye.

David Ginola was a great player, but he was no Johan Cruyff
I think you mean best English team to never win a trophy

Cheer up Kevin Keegan, oh what can it mean etc etc

Lambretta

First Grade
Best club side then

I have been considering why Kenny Dalglish would have screwed the Toon in the way that he did and I have some theories, the most likely one is the "fitting in theory"

A Geordie is a Scotsman with brain damage
Dalglish is already a Scotsman, therefore in order to "fit in" he only needed to act as if brain damaged
Selling good players and replacing them with middle aged hacks was the obvious way of achieving this
He could have worn a Sunderland shirt, but he wasn't that brain damaged

My second theory is that he was Scouse delusional
Everyone knows living on Merseyside leaves you in a delusional state.
Things such as Scousers are salt of the Earth types, Scousers are hard working people oppressed by Londoners, Scousers have a great wit, Liverpool are the biggest club in Europe..... that sort of thing.
Dalglish was obviously Scouse delusional. All he needed to do was white ant Newcastle and hey presto a title goes to Anfield. Unfortunately Sir Alex Ferguson got in the way.

My third theory was that the Newcastle board needed to free up some cash after Keegan sent them broke
(this last one is complete guesswork)

Parra

Referee
custom_dragster_bicycle_beach_cruiser_lowrider_19980589.jpg

_6217833367.jpg
TheBigBuzzFunPark-Newcastle-NSW.jpeg

tonofun.jpg

Family Road trip holidays up and down the NSW coast. Me and my younger sister peering out the window of the old man's LE Monaro after hours on end on the highways... seeing a series of theme park signs

"100km to................
50km to....
10km to..........."

And despite heavy negotiations - ie "pleeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase dad" - driving straight past in the big V8 with a big hang-dog look on our faces.

Excellent...I 'member the "ton of fun"...
wasn't that just outta Taree?

Forster Tuncurry!

There was another one i remember a bit further on from memory with a hilarious big green dinosaur - remember the sign but cant remember where or what it was called.

Those theme parks used to be dotted up and down the coast to help "break-up" family road trips for the kids.