What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
There were a few of these at a car club meet I went to this morning. They stood out as it was mainly classics, including two of these..

images
Post War BMW, things were pretty tight in Germany after WW11, even Meschershmit made their own version of these, would be very rare downunder as we had little need for these micro cars.

Post War BMW, things were pretty tight in Germany after WW11, even Meschershmit made their own version of these, would be very rare downunder as we had little need for these micro cars.

Yeah it would have been interesting times in post war Germany.

Looking at car ownership here in1950, about only1 in 10 people had a car and now it’s over 5. I suppose the cars then had to carry more people.

One thing that puzzles me is why German car manufacturers have not kept up the quality. Back in the day, you bought a merc, it would last a long long time.

And of course, the sublime me262. One in the Australian War Memorial.

E3C16EA2-1909-45F0-BA08-361DB856BFD9.jpeg
Here’s the other Messerschmitt. The first proper operational jet fighter.

This is our Australian one. Very rare. I’m proud we have one.

But there’s other stuff at the museum we should probably repatriate.

It’s fascinating but a sad place as well.

Two burgers from there today with a plate of chips and two Bundaberg soft drinks $24.50. I had my usual cheese burger with added pineapple, just what i felt like for lunch.

Im hearing ya.

Sometimes it’s important to have a big feed. Especially when it’s good food prepared by nice people. No corporate thieves to make the food unethical.

Well done.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Im hearing ya.

Sometimes it’s important to have a big feed. Especially when it’s good food prepared by nice people. No corporate thieves to make the food unethical.

Well done.

Me and the better half go out a bit for yum cha and usually spend about $50-$70 between us but two burgers, chips and two drinks $24.50 for lunch for two people, great value, usually would be cheaper but we felt like a soft drink which don't often have, usually just have our own water.

horrie hastings

First Grade
This is still a thing in suburban chinese restaurants. Alternative is some thinly sliced orange.

Unfortunately it is very hard to find a suburban Chinese restaurant anywhere in the area i live now, we had a great little one at the south end of King st Newtown called Good Wok which was a regular Friday night staple for many years but it is gone now, they had the lolly jar when you paid the bill.
I remember some Thai restaurants doing the orange segments at the end of the meal, a very refreshing way to finish the meal, actually come to think of it now there is a Chinese restaurant at Malabar which is still open, haven't eaten there for a few years but they used to do the orange segments at the end of the meal.

Latest posts