What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reni Maitua tests positive

God-King Dean

Immortal
greg-gregson-aka-mr-g.png

Loudstrat

Coach
what next for cronulla.... bestiality?
Fitzy will become CEO.

At least you can find a halfback in your club........

I hate to say it but maybe Cronulla folding will be good for the game. We lose a big drain on the games image and gain a new area as some other team take their place.

Some big lessons will have been learned and maybe we will have turned a corner.

I'd hate to see any team go but maybe some good could come out of it in this instance.
You are a turd. Great image - clubs going broke. Far better than what has a former profile player having a snort.

Poor Sharlies fans are doing it real tough without a knob like you ramming it in.

Could be worse - Cronulla.

We are about to blow the salary cap for 2 seasons by playing a lower grade halfback.

You lose by 2. We lose by 30.

Our shining light of salvation rests with 2 bald old men - one who went broke moving coffee tables - the busted doing an insurance job on his car when he instead set fire to a mailbox.......

Hope that cheers you up. Didn't cheer me up at all!!!!

poita

Juniors
"One of the weirdest things about Clenbuterol is that even though it’s an asthma medication, studies have shown reduced exercise (cardiovascular) performance with Clen (7), but some also show that Clen can alleviate exercise induced asthma (8)!"

Canard

Immortal
Why did the media get this so wrong? Obviously a big difference between recreatioanal drugs and banned ASDA substances.

This reminds me of what happened in Melbourne this week where the media reported that a AFL coach was sacked and then later that afternoon, the club had a press conference to say that he was safe until the end of the year?

Thank f*** Souths didn't sign this tool.

We offer him a fresh start, 3 years, great training facilities and he chooses 1 year deal and now he will be sacked.

In the end we got Crocker, so i ain't complaining

Yeah Redfern would have been the right place to go bwahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ouwet

Bench
Anyone remember this beaut of an article in the Daily Telegraph before the Bulldogs V Sharks game this year? LOLOLOL Talk about eating your words.

Bulldogs, Sharks clash over player discipline

"I hardly find it a coincidence Tony Zappia and Cronulla have chosen to speak out about one of our players being suspended on the week before we play them,” Greenberg told the Daily Telegraph.

“It can’t be a coincidence.”

Greenberg suggested Zappia’s stance was hypocritical considering the Sharks signed sacked Bulldogs forward Reni Maitua this season.

“Put simply, it’s none of Cronulla’s business what we do,” Greeberg said.

“I also find it hard to take advice on discipline from a club that has just signed a player we sacked for misconduct.”

Zappia hit back, arguing the transfer of players between the clubs showed the Bulldogs had needed to boost their image.

“Reni must have felt the Sharks was the place to change his ways because it wasn’t happening with the discipline at the Bulldogs,” Zappia told the Telegraph. :lol::lol::lol:

“Reni can obviously see the benefit of playing in a disciplined environment like we have at the Sharks.:lol:

“The Bulldogs on the other hand have had to recruit two of our players, Brett Kimmorley and Bryson Goodwin, to help reform their image.”

The Sharks boss did have one message of praise for Greenberg: “It’s a pleasure to see that Todd has taken my advice and stood these players down.”

Full article can be found on http://livenews.com.au/rss-link/bulldogs-sharks-clash-over-player-discipline/2009/4/2/201601

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
The only thing Reni is guilty of is showing complacency by taking a supplement without being sure whether it was approved or not. Cut the kid some slack.

Canard

Immortal
Get out of it, its 2009 you cant use those excuses when it comes to being a professional athlete.

I spose you believe that Warne only took those diuretics cause his Mum gave them to him?

The only thing Reni is guilty of is showing complacency by taking a supplement without being sure whether it was approved or not. Cut the kid some slack.

Thats more than complacency. He's been a professional working under a drug testing regime for what, 6-7 years. Taking banned drugs is stupidity not complacency.

Also, love the way Matua at 26 is a kid which is somehow supposed to excuse him for his behaviour. Yet, last week, the majority opinion in this forum about "Clare" from NZ was that at 19 she's an adult and fully accountable for her decisions, and any repercussions from going back with 2 players and it turning into an 11 man gangbang, she should have anticipated and be able to deal with. Strangely different standards at play here? :roll:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Thats more than complacency. He's been a professional working under a drug testing regime for what, 6-7 years. Taking banned drugs is stupidity not complacency.

Also, love the way Matua at 26 is a kid which is somehow supposed to excuse him for his behaviour. Yet, last week, the majority opinion in this forum about "Clare" from NZ was that at 19 she's an adult and fully accountable for her decisions, and any repercussions from going back with 2 players and it turning into an 11 man gangbang, she should have anticipated and be able to deal with. Strangely different standards at play here? :roll:
Matua is not excused from his behaviour because of his age. I just don't think people realise how readily available these supplements are. He has an opportunity to plead his case and when he does it will show there was no malicious intent. Yes he is legally an adult... "give the kid a break" is a figure of speech. You are clutching at straws because you have an alternative motive.

As for that motive... you might have a moral issue with "Clare" having sex with multiple sexual partners. However, that is all it is, a question of morality. I have no issues with it myself. If she did not feel comfortable consent should have been withdrawn. It is unfortunate that she later regretted the incident but that does not imply any wrong doing from the individuals involved.

dannyboy

Juniors
As for that motive... you might have a moral issue with "Clare" having sex with multiple sexual partners. However, that is all it is, a question of morality. I have no issues with it myself. If she did not feel comfortable consent should have been withdrawn. It is unfortunate that she later regretted the incident but that does not imply any wrong doing from the individuals involved.

What has 'Clare' got to do with Maitua? Give it a rest and put it in one of the thousand alternate posts dealing with that issue

Last edited:
The rot set in after Coach Stuart ( the games best thinker :lol: )let his personal feelings cloud his crap judgement and punt Kimmorley.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I say it would be, being a cynic I'd say they held the story until next week because they didn't want it getting buried by origin.

Frederick

Staff member
Maitua's B sample tests positive
June 5, 2009 - 7:44PM

Cronulla backrower Reni Maitua's NRL career appears to be over with confirmation his B sample test for a banned substance has come back positive.

Maitua, 26, was told of the result by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) on Friday, meaning he is facing a ban from the sport of up to two years.

The troubled former Test player last month returned a positive sample for the banned substance Clenbuterol, a stimulant used to boost muscle mass and strip body fat.

Maitua's agent Sam Ayoub told AAP on Friday his client had been told of the B sample's results and is now assessing his options.

"We need to work out our next step before we can make any comments," Ayoub said.

"The first thing we need to do is receive the official documentation on what our options are and then meet with our solicitors to work out our next step."

Maitua had only joined the Sharks in the off-season after he was dumped by the Bulldogs following several off-field indiscretions.

Ayoub said while the news Maitua's B sample had tested positive was bad news, it didn't confirm the end of his client's career.

"It depends on what action we can take from here," he said.

"Apparently, yes, we can take further action but I'm a bit naive on this, I haven't been through the process before."

Ayoub said he expects to receive the official documentation from ASADA on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
LINK