What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reni Maitua tests positive

seanoff

Juniors
Clenbuterol is a β2 adrenergic agonist with some similarities to ephedrine, but its effects are more potent and longer-lasting as a stimulant and thermogenic drug. It causes an increase in aerobic capacity, central nervous system stimulation, and an increase in blood pressure and oxygen transportation. It increases the rate at which fat and protein are metabolized, simultaneously slowing the body's BMR.

It is a banned drug for the bolded reasons. If he took Clenbuterol he was cheating. It is not approved for human use in Australia.
http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/ndarcweb.nsf/resources/NDARCFact_Drugs2/$file/CLENBUTEROL+NDARC+FACT+SHEET.pdf

2 years.

Clenbuterol is a β2 adrenergic agonist with some similarities to ephedrine, but its effects are more potent and longer-lasting as a stimulant and thermogenic drug. It causes an increase in aerobic capacity, central nervous system stimulation, and an increase in blood pressure and oxygen transportation. It increases the rate at which fat and protein are metabolized, simultaneously slowing the body's BMR.

It is a banned drug for the bolded reasons. If he took Clenbuterol he was cheating. It is not approved for human use in Australia.
http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/ndarcweb.nsf/resources/NDARCFact_Drugs2/$file/CLENBUTEROL+NDARC+FACT+SHEET.pdf

2 years.

The guy is am imbecile..is he oblivious to all the crap that has been chucked at the Sharks recently ??.

Maybe Todd Carney need a flatmate !!..

Seriously...p&ss him off to the dole queue.

Matt23

Staff member
Yep Reni, can spend the new 2 years hangin' with Koby and the rest of the 'Bra Boys, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out :arrow:

Last edited:

squiddy

Juniors
The guy is am imbecile..is he oblivious to all the crap that has been chucked at the Sharks recently ??.

Seriously...p&ss him off to the dole queue.

Don't forget this sample would have been taken quite a while ago , maybe even before the season started .

But dead set goose and I agree f**k him off immediately

nitabita

Juniors
I feel really sorry for sharks fans :(

I made a facebook group ("I feel sorry for the Cronulla Sharks"). Support poor sharkies fans!

Flapper

First Grade
Just out of interest how many of you hypocrites in here do drugs ?

Performance enhancers? No. Illegal recreational drugs? No. I drink alcohol and caffeine and thats it. Am i allowed to sink the boot in? Do I pass the test?

newyboy

Juniors
I take Clen every summer to cut up along with many other people i know. It does nothing for your aerobic capacity, all it does is give you the shakes and strips body fat. Thats all. Some countries use it as a bronchodilator as well.

It enhances performance (mass) in the subjects it was designed for ie: livestock, but does nothing apart from cut fat in humans.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i know a few people (body builders) who take the gel of clem...
it works different for everyone. for some it strips fat off like no tomorrow, for others it wont do much.
it is silly he took it, it stays in your system for a period of around a month apparently...

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Bad luck Felix, I think the forum police are about to delete your post and give you a warning.

But I've heard about that too - and seen photos as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love everyone defending the use of the drug...:lol: It's on the banned list, simple as that.

badav

Bench
I dont think Reni Maitua is the sharpest tool in the shed, but people are going off half cocked here.

Newspaper reports that it was cocaine or ecstacy are based on what exactly?? just rubbish made up by some hack who writes for a newspaper, intending to flog more of out the 'lets get bad press on the NRL by writing sh*t' dead and decayed horse.

Second of all give him the right to a hearing before you judge his actions. Some legally available suppliments these days contain all sorts of crazy sh*t. He may have done this inadvertantly, or maybe not..? who knows.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He's been stood down by the NRL and tested positive to a drug. Half cocked? :lol: