What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement for Inglis?

bronco_buddy

Juniors
Will the Broncos try and sign someone to fill the gap by the Inglis 'dud deal', or should they keep that money to make sure we keep the likes of Thaiday, Gillet and Hodges for as long as we can?
Besides who is on the open market at the moment?

Broncos93

Juniors
There doesn't seem to be many people in the market anyway worth signing. Only position that we haven't got a quality player in would be left center, but Dale Copley seems to be a decent up and comer, and Alex Glenn can fill it sufficiently. I reckon we should keep the cash aside, so next time one of our good players goes exploring their options at the end of the contract we can have some bargaining power.

Gillett, Hoffman, Thaiday and Yow Yeh will all be on the rise in terms of their market value over the next couple of years, so we should keep some funds stored away to ensure we keep them for a long time to come.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Gillet and Hoffman are tied down long term i believe as is Yow Yeh and Thaiday's contract is up for renewal so he will be getting a nice bonus

Big Pete

Referee
From what I've gathered the money will be used to keep Parker, Thaiday, Hodges and Lockyer on board at this stage.

hellteam

First Grade
Johnathan Thurston. Brisbane should use the money to find a replacement for Lockyer not Inglis.

Yeah this is definitely true. Dunno so much if Thurston is the answer but losing Lockyer is much more of an issue then losing Inglis.

Although I would take Thurston in a second.

Maybe we should just keep some money spare, surely one of Karmichael Hunt or Folau will fail and hate AFL and we can snap them straight back.

hellteam

First Grade
I'd rather Hunt, he was destined to take over from Lockyer at five eight I reckon

Broncos93

Juniors
Yes, would take Hunt back quicker than I would Folau. Then again, now we've got Hoffman and no Inglis Folau looks the goods. Ah well, that's three years down the track at least.

Tyler.Durden

Juniors
Cam Smith's ontract expires in 2012. If we can organize our contracts so we have a shot at him, i'd be happy.

Would be a real important piece to have after lockyer retires.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
I'd like to see them go for another prop was thinking that pommy captain james Graham would be good and a realistic option. But I'd have to agree with above if they could get Cam Smith or Thurston that would be the ultimate.Pretty unlikly IMO though.

its too late to find someone else to replace Inglis, im glad he's gone tbh. It was clear that he was coming for the money, and as soon as his contract was over he would be out the door. i'm not a fan of the ben hannant signing either, we have a strong bunch of rookies coming up. ben hannant is another player coming for just the money. throw the money at players like thaiday, gagai, gillett, all genuine good players.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
its too late to find someone else to replace Inglis, im glad he's gone tbh. It was clear that he was coming for the money, and as soon as his contract was over he would be out the door. i'm not a fan of the ben hannant signing either, we have a strong bunch of rookies coming up. ben hannant is another player coming for just the money. throw the money at players like thaiday, gagai, gillett, all genuine good players.

I disagree on Hannant. Although he did originally leave because he was chasing money, he came back because he missed Brisbane. I think he will stay here for a while. Although we do have a lot of good young players coming through, no one really stands out in the front row stocks and Hannant is a first class front rower. Great signing if you ask me.

Big Pete

Referee
Tyler, I reckon we'd be more likely to sign Thurston than Smith.

I really want to see Hala step up this year. If he realises the potential he showed in 2009 we could have a real gamebreaker off the bench.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I disagree on Hannant. Although he did originally leave because he was chasing money, he came back because he missed Brisbane. I think he will stay here for a while. Although we do have a lot of good young players coming through, no one really stands out in the front row stocks and Hannant is a first class front rower. Great signing if you ask me.

I agree with you 100%. We have alot of potential in the front row, but that is all it is at this stage, potential. Who knows how McGuire, Hala, Dodds etc will turn out. Hannant is proven which is invaluable imo given the young guys we have.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Tyler, I reckon we'd be more likely to sign Thurston than Smith.

I really want to see Hala step up this year. If he realises the potential he showed in 2009 we could have a real gamebreaker off the bench.

Yeah I'd think that the Broncs would like to see how young McCullough's improves before thinking about Smith.

Would also love to see Hala step up. A bit like Fifita did for the Tigers...