What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement for Inglis?

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Tyler, I reckon we'd be more likely to sign Thurston than Smith.

I really want to see Hala step up this year. If he realises the potential he showed in 2009 we could have a real gamebreaker off the bench.

Agreed, I'm a massive fan of his, as you are, and I had big wraps on him for this year.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Unless we got him on a pretty decent contract (which I doubt with his form this year and rep selection) then I would rather give a young fella a shot.

Criswell

Juniors
So Souths are vilified for 'signing' Inglis who maybe had a handshake deal, but you guys dont question dealing with a guy who ACTUALLY has a 2 year contract??

johns_reds

First Grade
I don't want tonga, i'd prefer to give the young guys a run

Besides i think the cowboys need him more

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Haha why?
He's a good player and is wasted over there in England. Plus he wouldn't be as expensive as Inglis, and he'd allow us to tie up all those other players we wanted to.

I can't stand him. He was my most hated player when he played NRL. He was a decent player, yet still overrated as hell, but he is worse now. Anyone but him.

Broncos club showing their true colours chasing Tonga, who is contracted to NQ for another two years. Specially after all the bitching about Inglis shafting them.

Bronc's have always been run by hypocrites. Good to see nothing's changed.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Broncos club showing their true colours chasing Tonga, who is contracted to NQ for another two years. Specially after all the bitching about Inglis shafting them.

I havn't seen any bitching from people involved with the club, just supporters.

screeder

Juniors
I couldn't give a f*ck about the Inglis bullsh*t. Don't really care about the cowboys and if Tonga wants out like they are talking then we should get him. He has stepped up in the last year and would be much better value than Inglis.

jdbronco

Juniors

If you read the article correctly it cleary says that Tonga wants out and his manager has been shopping him around to other clubs. Nothing about the Broncos chasing him.

jdbronco

Juniors
I disagree on Hannant. Although he did originally leave because he was chasing money, he came back because he missed Brisbane. I think he will stay here for a while. Although we do have a lot of good young players coming through, no one really stands out in the front row stocks and Hannant is a first class front rower. Great signing if you ask me.

Yeah definately a great signing. I was devastated when he left to go to the bulldogs. I thougt he was a great replacement for Webcke and would play his career out at the broncos. So glad that he is coming back. He will definately stand out as he is a quality front rower. Teach the younger guys a few things.

hellteam

First Grade
I'm not sold on Hannant, always looks a bit fat and always seems behind the play a bit, especially in Origin. He's no Shillington or Scott, but I'm really hoping he proves me wrong.

icewind

Juniors
lol, a paper does an article on tonga and all of a sudden the broncos are chasing Tonga.... I doubt that the cowboys would give him a release at this time of year anyway, not without compensation, and we don't have a steve michaels/scott minto to give them anymore.