What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement for Inglis?

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Have you guys had any word on Matt King joining the Broncos next year.

I read an article from in the UK that Joel Monaghan will sign with Warrington in 2012, he will replace Matt King, but King may come back to the NRL a year early and join the Raiders or Broncos in 2011, i don't think we are looking at signing him. we have Blake Ferguson to replace Joel and a few young bloke from the 20's and Qld Cup as depth.

jazman84

Juniors
We don't need a replacement for Inglis IMO, Glenn was good there last year and has put on 8kg since the start of last season and weighs in at 100kg. Will add some punch behind his running.

Just about our whole side is going to be bigger and stronger next season.

Since the start of the season just passed:
Copley - 84kg to 94kg
Norman - 83kg to 94kg
Hoffman - 83kg to 93kg
Gagai - 84kg to 93kg
Dodds - 105kg to 110kg
Hunt - 82kg to 90kg
Yow Yeh 88kg to 96kg
Lui - 100kg to 105kg
Lingwooduck - 94kg to 106kg
Ahern - 97kg-104kg
Gillett - 99kg-104kg
Glenn - 92kg to 100kg
Parker - 96kg to 100kg

DeeJ

Bench
That's odd for Parker to gain so much weight since he's been getting lighter every season. They might not keep it on during the pre season anyway.

applesauce

Bench
That's odd for Parker to gain so much weight since he's been getting lighter every season. They might not keep it on during the pre season anyway.

You'll find once a player reaches their goal playing weight they need to add weight in the pre-season. Because of the energy being burned from week-in week-out for 26 rounds + training players shed a lot of weight during the season proper. Playing underweight can be as bad as playing over because you lose muscle mass if you have low fat stores.

AFL players typically put on 8-10kgs of muscle each preseason because otherwise by the finals they will be as skinny as Kenyans with all the muscle wasted.

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah your 2010 weights differ from the Season Guide.

Which listed the following...

Copley - 84kg to 89kg
Norman - 83kg to 83kg
Hoffman - 83kg to 89kg
Gagai - 84kg to 84kg
Dodds - 105kg to ?? (Not listed)
Hunt - 82kg to 88kg
Yow Yeh 88kg to 88kg
Lui - 100kg to 100kg
Lingwooduck - 94kg to 94kg
Ahern - 97kg - 99kg
Gillett - 99kg - (Not listed)
Glenn - 92kg to 95kg
Parker - 96kg to 98kg

badav

Bench
Who would actually believe Corey Norman put on 11Kg during the offseason. For a bloke that size to put on that kind of mass with the amount of intense training they do would be absolutely legendary.

Big Pete

Referee
I know, I was just using another source to point out some differences.

Not criticising you at all.