What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing Packer...

OzDragon

Coach

Dragsters

First Grade
Paasi or NAS for mine.

I like them both. Not sure what's going on with NAS though, i thought i heard reports late last year that he was considering a move to yawnion then I was sure I heard the storm had re-signed him but it appears not.

This was all just before we signed Kerr from the storm, their other 6' 7" giant.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Paasi or NAS for mine.

Yep, i'd be happy for any of these two to replace him. I'd much prefer NAS.

Although something tells me the club is up to something. Millward seemed to be insistent on "being patient". They've recently cleared the decks, letting go of Dugan, Packer, Milne, Chris Lewis has left as well and I can imagine they're not going to re-sign a number of players in the NSW Cup squad.... They have to be targeting someone. Maybe there's an ace up the sleeve and they're in deep negotiations with someone high profile.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Packer four year 3m deal tigers paid was way over his worth.
I have been watching him closely last few weeks and for the limited minutes he plays his intensity drops off and on.
Vaughn is the one.
I wouldn't be too upset over his loss if it was just him. But we also lose Duges.
On the short term Duges and for all his ball playing shortfalls is the one we'll miss. He is an inspirational player and every team needs one.
Maybe Hunt may fill that void?

Old Timer

Coach
Packer four year 3m deal tigers paid was way over his worth.
I have been watching him closely last few weeks and for the limited minutes he plays his intensity drops off and on.
Vaughn is the one.
I wouldn't be too upset over his loss if it was just him. But we also lose Duges.
On the short term Duges and for all his ball playing shortfalls is the one we'll miss. He is an inspirational player and every team needs one.
Maybe Hunt may fill that void?
Hunt will do a job but doubt he is inspirational.
Duges wears his heart on his sleeve as well as every thing else he gets inked on their as well but he oozes passion and exhibits pain when he f**ks up.
Will be sadly missed.

possm

Coach
Hunt will do a job but doubt he is inspirational.
Duges wears his heart on his sleeve as well as every thing else he gets inked on their as well but he oozes passion and exhibits pain when he f**ks up.
Will be sadly missed.
Mess

Frank Facer

First Grade
Agreed.

They could move Sims to prop and chase a back rower I guess.

I really like that Harawira-Naera from the Panthers but I think he is locked up.
I don't think Harawira is signed up long term. I remember hearing/reading that Cronulla were trying to sign him. I have not seen much of him, but his supercoach stats have been very impressive, especially for a rookie. If he is on the market, then I think we should definitely have a close look at him.

As for Simms, he is already playing as an interchange prop. I think he is better suited to the middle, since he broke his leg. Simms would be my first choice to take over from Packer with the players we currently have.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Love it. MESSOM it will be from this day forth.
Crush,
At least the message has gotten through, even to you mate!
Some time in the future you will see the mess Millward has put the Club in. I knew at the time he was appointed that it would be a mess and I said so.

Latest posts