What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retire the Alternative Strip

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What exactly is a "Chocker" ? :?

one of these, apparently..

under1.jpg

RufusRex

Post Whore
I dont mind the jumper BUT ... what is our membership program called?

Red V

Red V is a part of me ... it is our identity not the red T ... pretty simple ...

Mr Red

First Grade
I dont mind the jumper BUT ... what is our membership program called?

Red V

Red V is a part of me ... it is our identity not the red T ... pretty simple ...

that must be why we lost.... we need to change the name of the membership program.... :sarcasm:

_Johnsy

Referee
Curse of the old school mentality more like it. It's a jumper FFS, says more about the people pushing that barrow than anything else.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Just to be clear, i was taking the p1ss about retiring the jersey. However, the Red V isn't just a jumper. It is everything.

Yes, I think we all know it wasn't the jumper, and I understand team of the century and all, but make no mistake that the Red V is important.

counterpuncher

Juniors
...at the risk of stirring the pot a little more

Barrett always seemed to have his best matches in the red alternative ;-)

Mr Red

First Grade
...at the risk of stirring the pot a little more

Barrett always seemed to have his best matches in the red alternative ;-)
Barrett seemed to have his best matches in the sky blue... if only he could have re-produced that form for the red V

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
The jersey had nothing to do with our performance, it just looks shit....Steelers gave up their colours when agreeing to the joint venture and that's how it should stay.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The jersey had nothing to do with our performance, it just looks shit....Steelers gave up their colours when agreeing to the joint venture and that's how it should stay.

exactly.. they lost the chance to wear red & white.. ;-)

Bingerz

Juniors

What a load of crap....i get that this is a tongue in cheek thread, but you are kidding yourselves with comments like that. The jersey set up is fine, after all it is a JOINT venture. Lets take some perspective...St. George get the red V at all home games, they get the home finals etc. The least you can do for the Illawarra is allow them to run out in their style of jersey at away games and one Illawarra heritage round.

Lets face it, the Illawarra side of things are the playing strength and the St.George side of things are the financial strength.

Its comments like that that make so many people down here anti St.George, i try and do my part but the majority of people i talk to down here are very anti St.George and their 'takeover' as they put it.

The reason the club is successful has a lot to do with the merging of the 2 strengths of each club

Willow

Assistant Moderator
St. George get the red V at all home games, they get the home finals etc. The least you can do for the Illawarra is allow them to run out in their style of jersey at away games and one Illawarra heritage round.
'They', 'them'... and here I was thinking it is 'we'.

Unless of course you support a different team, in which case I understand.

Minh

First Grade
I respect Illawarra and the junior nursery is a breeding ground for some of the games elite players. People down South still have a mighty team to support, the merger was with the greatest club in Rugby league history, so I guess St George is a big part of your identity too now and is something to be proud of.

Bingerz

Juniors
No...of course i support the Dragons, but what you say there further supports my point...it is WE...so fair has to be fair is what i'm saying. Respect is a 2 way street.

Cheers

big pat

Coach
shit thread...

couldn't agree more, same shit every season,illawarra steelers,dragons st george,people need to get over it, we're called the st george illawarra dragons, live with it, as for the strips who cares, i'm sure we've lost games wearing the red v.