What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retire the Alternative Strip

hardbaby

Coach
I am not interested in getting involved in the politics of this thread. I live in WA so it isn't really relevant. But I must admit, when the team runs out and they are not wearing the Red V I am a bit disappointed. It has to be one of the most recognisable images in Australian sport and is synonymous with success. The V stands for "Victory".

steela

Juniors
I think it's time to retire the red V, team isn't performing in that strip, it has to go

who's with me??

RedVDave

First Grade
Who gives a monkeys nut sack what we wear all I care about is this emblem:

logosgi1.jpg

Whatever jersey has the emblem on is who I support.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I think it's time to retire the red V, team isn't performing in that strip, it has to go

who's with me??
Certainly NOT me........Mate you have to be joking......theres been many many great players in the past thats lived and died wearing the red V..........to me thats like changing the Australian Flag....sorry to be blunt but maybe you should "Retire" from future Dragons forums with a statement like that......if your game run a poll and see who agrees with you :x

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Who gives a monkeys nut sack what we wear all I care about is this emblem:

logosgi1.jpg

Whatever jersey has the emblem on is who I support.

jeeesus this thread is full of trolls & dickheads doing their best to be antagonistic.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Well I'm a dickhead. I care quite a lot for the heritage of the club and will always be against the club playing in f**ked jerseys.

steela

Juniors
"deliberately decisive" lol!!
that old chestnet eh?

get your hand off it, it's a stab at the topic which I thought would be more than obvious... I think I gave yaz too much credit to pick up on that!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
f**k off idiot. We won. You probably saw it on the late news.

Go back to supporting Liverpool FC.

_Johnsy

Referee
Well I'm a dickhead. I care quite a lot for the heritage of the club and will always be against the club playing in f**ked jerseys.

As do I. I started supporting St.George when I was 5, thats 35 years ago. I am the type of person who thinks that having a "Illawarra Steelers" jersey as our alternate one is a small thing we could do to acknowledge that part of our JV. Is it that much of an issue, really ? How many times do we wear it each year out of 24 regular season games, yet we have people moaning and bitching. From my experience they are usually members of the DA. (That's not a dig at the DA, just an observation that there are a few members who hold the "only red V" ideal, IMO they are the best most vocal supporter group in the NRL & do great work)

If that means I do not care about our heritage as a club, measured against your obviously morally superior standards, meh so be it. We can't all be martyrs for the big red V only cause.

Last edited:

Latest posts