What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Games

InFlames

Juniors
Anyone else here into playing/collecting retro games?

I collect mainly NES, Megadrive, Master System and SNES games, however I own a few other various games/consoles too.

Anyway stumbled upon this gem the other day, still a great game!

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 29

bileduct

Coach
Yeah I do a bit of retro gaming with MAME. Been thinking of checking out Amiga emulation so I can play The Chaos Engine and Silkworm again.

I still have my copy of ARL 96 somewhere.

Pugzley

I bought the sega megadrive classic game bundle for the PS3 when it came out. Also bought Baldurs Gate for PC and downloaded dosbox for Alleycat and Jazzy Jack Rabbit goodness.

adamkungl

Immortal
Got a NES SNES and N64 with about 25 games each.

At some point I want to hunt down Link to the Past and Super Metroid for SNES.

Also want a US SNES with copies of Earthbound, Super Mario RPG and Chronotrigger

bileduct

Coach
Yeah Baldur's Gate/Planescape Torment/Neverwinter Nights I'd play again.

I would love to play the original Bard's Tale games again too.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The Youtube link in my sig shows the Classics I play. Games like Rampage, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, Doublr Dragon and Final Fight never get old for me :)

I use Dega and Fusion for Sega and MAME32 for Arcade.

Can anyone here recommend somthing for (S)NES?

Big Pete

Referee
Separate.

There's plenty of quality NES emulators, you really can't go wrong.

I don't collect but due to their accessibility I tend to play a lot of retro games. I mainly stick with the N64 era as it's the one I most identify with. I get a real thrill out of playing through games I couldn't afford, weren't released here or plain never heard of.

For instance, right now I'm playing through Ocarina of Time just to help get me in the Christmas spirit. For me, Zelda and Christmas just go hand in hand, both are as charming as each other. It's the Master Quest edition which I haven't played through before and understand why. It's pretty tedious and just doesn't have the flow of the original although the odd change here or there is appreciated.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Separate.

There's plenty of quality NES emulators, you really can't go wrong.

I don't collect but due to their accessibility I tend to play a lot of retro games. I mainly stick with the N64 era as it's the one I most identify with. I get a real thrill out of playing through games I couldn't afford, weren't released here or plain never heard of.

For instance, right now I'm playing through Ocarina of Time just to help get me in the Christmas spirit. For me, Zelda and Christmas just go hand in hand, both are as charming as each other. It's the Master Quest edition which I haven't played through before and understand why. It's pretty tedious and just doesn't have the flow of the original although the odd change here or there is appreciated.
If I got this right, are you playing N64 games on emulation - PC?

Bulldog Force

Referee
There's a game I'm looking at getting called 'Bionic Commando Rearmed' - it's a remake of an 80s classic from the NES and it's available on Xbox, PS3 and PC. The remake was released in 2008.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've yet to find an emulator I love for PC, but I do get in on a little retro/retro sim gaming on my iPad. PunchQuest, Knights of Pen & Paper, Mega Worm, Organ Trail, and Mage Gauntlet are all among my most played games.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I've yet to find an emulator I love for PC, but I do get in on a little retro/retro sim gaming on my iPad. PunchQuest, Knights of Pen & Paper, Mega Worm, Organ Trail, and Mage Gauntlet are all among my most played games.
Are you into any tank artillery games?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Are you into any tank artillery games?

The last one I remember playing as one on Mac called Battle Tanks. They had it on a beat up LC 575 in my Year 12 study room. That was... eleven years ago haha

I do enjoy them though. Got any recommendations?

Bulldog Force

Referee
The last one I remember playing as one on Mac called Battle Tanks. They had it on a beat up LC 575 in my Year 12 study room. That was... eleven years ago haha

I do enjoy them though. Got any recommendations?
I can't say I've played battle tanks so I don't know what the play is like, but I highly recommend Pocket Tanks Delux. You can download the (very) playable demo here: http://www.blitwise.com/ptanksdeluxe.html

It's a little different from other tank artillery games as the object is not to simply destroy the other tank (either player v player, player v cpu, or multiplayer online), the object is more towards doing the most damage and scoring the most points in order to win depending on the weapons you choose. It is a very simple game, it has good sound, music & graphics for a 2d game, but it has to be one of the most strategic games I've ever played, across all gaming genres. Each player gets to pick 10 weapons before the round starts, and then take turns (10 volleys each) to use all their weapons on the opponent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_Tanks

Definitely worth the try.

Pocket_Tanks_Deluxe_iphone.jpg
Pocket_Tanks_Deluxe_iphone.jpg

Latest posts