What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of gaz

mortz

is it a never ending cap your way lol
hey if you can get them all, im just passing on what i hear guys

watatank

Coach
watank,

The Newcastle Knights are also in the running for his signature, but only if the Dragons are prepared to relax a clause in his 2008 release that he can't play for another NRL club before 2012.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/mark-gasnier-to-return-to-nrl/story-e6frep5x-1225864743772

A clause he agreed to...

“Mark left our club on good terms and as such he agreed to a clause in his deed of release at that time, about returning to the Dragons if he came back to the NRL and we have always kept in contact with him since he left.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...may-prevent-gazs-dragons-reunion/1826941.aspx

big pat

Coach
hey if you can get them all, im just passing on what i hear guys

i doubt any club, would be dumb enough, to put their team in jeopardy, ala scum storm, and i highly doubt me you or anyone else on this forum, would be privy to what st george are doing with platers contracts, bennett is too smart for this to happen, and people who come on here and make up storeies about player movements, are just blowing hot air out of they're arse.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't think anyone was suggesting that.
mortz said:
hey if you can get them all,
Who said we can get them all?

Pretty sure a few of us are sharing speculation regarding players departing.
mortz said:
im just passing on what i hear guys
Well don't take it personal mortz, but perhaps what you 'hear' is what someone else reads.

What you posted as 'fact' - that Gasnier's signingwould put us out of the race to get Josh Morris back - is straight from the telegraph.

It's not a fact I'm aware of.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

st.phil

Bench
i have been told jeremy smith neville and nightingale as a start... probably more fringe players as well.. add to the fact that it would put you out of the race to get josh morris back

We won't lose all those players...J smith is on 280k for starters and is the most likely to go. Nev and Nightingale prob approx 200 a peice. Its not like bennett to abandon key players for one star player...he will only do it if it is sustainable. I can't see Gaz being in teh cap at much more than 400k p/a. We will lose a couple players naturally like every year and it will curtail our attempts at buying other players - but Bennett by in large keeps who he wants to keep.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Am I the only one over the idea of Gasnier? At first I was excited to get him back but now I'm not sure he'd be worth it.

Sure it'd be great to get him for this year but I'm not keen on paying him huge $$ for 11/12.

Bennett knows what he's doing so I'm not too worried either way.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why worry about it?

It happens when it happens. Not a question of if, but when.

We can but imagine how complex it is, trying to confirm third party deals, sponsorships etc.

If only it was as simple as typing up a letter and calling it a contract. But it's not.

_Johnsy

Referee
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

meh they'll let us know when it is done.

Como Connection

First Grade
Good on you Willow, Tuesday's are ok with me (free), as golf is on Wednesdays, Thursday is do your best and Friday is study the race form!!