What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REUBEN GARRICK

SaintPauli

Juniors
The coaching staff, the recruitment/pathways and retention staff, the CEO and the Board members all have their nose in the trough and all should be gone. I can't think of any one of them that should be retained however, of course with the del done with WIN Corp, we are stuck with honouring deals probably for the next 5 years.

So what do I thing is happening, well while ever SGI exists these old boys a milking the joint for whatever they can get via backroom deals. In the end their personal wealth will be beyond what they ever thought they could get and sadly SGI will fail and be relocated to Wollongong.

• Illawarra will be happy because they will control SGI
  • South Sydney, Canterbury and Cronulla will be happy because the St George junior system will be divvied up between them.
  • The NRL will be happy because they have one less team in Sydney - their long term aim is to have even less teams in Sydney and more licences throughout Australia.
So who should we blame for the mess, the blame should fall on one individual who had control for many years and who over saw the demise of St George Leagues Club, our system of recruitment/pathways/retention and the appoint of the most distructive and incompetent head coach, Mary. Yes you guessed it Mr Peter Dust who still retains the job of CEO of St George Leagues Club.

Garrick is just another example of a young player with who under a good coach, can develop into a solid FG player. We have a whole host of those types of guys who have the same potential. Dufty, Field, Host, Luc, Host, Lawrie etc. Herbert and Sele before they left.

The blueprint was always there for these sorts of guys to succeed. But with Mary, Hornby and Young as their mentors, they just stand still or even go backwards.

Garrick under Hasler is an example of what a change of coach can do. He's no world beater, but he's a much better player now than what he would have been here under Mary.
I reckon that the main thing about Garrick is that he continues to improve as a player.
He is playing with more and more belief in his own ability and he is contributing to the team every week.
Hasler has Manly firing and playing for each other unlike our mob.
While the two bookends and the Turbo brothers are on the field, Manly is a smokey for the title.

SaintPauli

Juniors
The coaching staff, the recruitment/pathways and retention staff, the CEO and the Board members all have their nose in the trough and all should be gone. I can't think of any one of them that should be retained however, of course with the del done with WIN Corp, we are stuck with honouring deals probably for the next 5 years.

So what do I thing is happening, well while ever SGI exists these old boys a milking the joint for whatever they can get via backroom deals. In the end their personal wealth will be beyond what they ever thought they could get and sadly SGI will fail and be relocated to Wollongong.

• Illawarra will be happy because they will control SGI
  • South Sydney, Canterbury and Cronulla will be happy because the St George junior system will be divvied up between them.
  • The NRL will be happy because they have one less team in Sydney - their long term aim is to have even less teams in Sydney and more licences throughout Australia.
So who should we blame for the mess, the blame should fall on one individual who had control for many years and who over saw the demise of St George Leagues Club, our system of recruitment/pathways/retention and the appoint of the most distructive and incompetent head coach, Mary. Yes you guessed it Mr Peter Dust who still retains the job of CEO of St George Leagues Club.[/QUOTE
Resulting in the demise of the greatest rugby leaugue club in the world.

Souths battled and won. I hope if we go down this possible path the dragons fans battle the NRL.

possm

Coach
Resulting in the demise of the greatest rugby leaugue club in the world.

Souths battled and won. I hope if we go down this possible path the dragons fans battle the NRL.
Money was Souths big problem. SGI do not have money problems in fact we are much better off having WIN as a partner then we were with Illawarra. WIN has money to put in if necessary whereas St George were always hampered because Illawarra could not pay their share.

The future problem will be all about performance and competitiveness. The NRL could make the case that SGI just aren't competitive and so should be dropped to the lower grades or relocate to Wollongong under an NRL incentive scheme.

giboz71

First Grade
I reckon that the main thing about Garrick is that he continues to improve as a player.
He is playing with more and more belief in his own ability and he is contributing to the team every week.
Hasler has Manly firing and playing for each other unlike our mob.
While the two bookends and the Turbo brothers are on the field, Manly is a smokey for the title.

Confidence is such a key. Garrick had none at the Dragons and it showed. it's showing now with our current players like Dufty, Field and Host. When players learn to play without fear, it can lift them to heights even they probably thought they weren't capable of. That's what good coaches like Hasler bring and what our mob still fail to deliver.

As for Manly being contenders, not sure they are there yet. Yes they will make the semis, but they are still miles behind the Roosters, Storm etc.

But they are definitely overachieving. On paper, they weren't a semi final team at the start of the year but Hasler has made them one.

nontime111

Juniors
Like this but Dufty must continue to improve or he will be gone and replaced with Sailor
cant wait, hes going to be a superstar by the looks and rightly so!
hes got his Dads skill . pace, step and getting the strength fast too but hes his own man obviously i cant wait to see him CARVE in first grade!

Last edited:

18to87

First Grade
Money was Souths big problem. SGI do not have money problems in fact we are much better off having WIN as a partner then we were with Illawarra. WIN has money to put in if necessary whereas St George were always hampered because Illawarra could not pay their share.

The future problem will be all about performance and competitiveness. The NRL could make the case that SGI just aren't competitive and so should be dropped to the lower grades or relocate to Wollongong under an NRL incentive scheme.
So, based on this, the only thing stopped them from firing McGregor is pride? They don't want to admit they re-signed him too soon and made a mistake?

It's sad to say that I hope Souths and Parra put up cricket scores but it seems the only way they will even think about acting.

Dragonsamy

Bench
hes got his Dads skill . pace, step and getting the strength fast too but hes his own man obviously i cant wait to see him CARVE in first grade!

Hopefully he can put some more muscle and bulk maybe 3 or 4 kg during the off season yes he may make first grade

possm

Coach
So, based on this, the only thing stopped them from firing McGregor is pride? They don't want to admit they re-signed him too soon and made a mistake?

It's sad to say that I hope Souths and Parra put up cricket scores but it seems the only way they will even think about acting.
I don't think so. You see your looking at it from a reasonable angle however, the reason is corrupt and so unless you buy into the corrupt nature of the extion of the contract, it is hard to fatham the reason.

Mary now has a contract so the deal or arrangement is consummated. If he is sacked now he gets paid out the contract value. He will take is sacking with a smile and a big fat deposit in his bank account. Believe me he will be happy and not look back with any ill feelings.

Wittenberg

Juniors
We need to be careful with Sailor and make strategic decisions about how we develop and use him. Yes he has all the skills but where is the best place to play him? He, at present, is no bigger than Dufty. He would be cannon fodder in the centres and may have the same physical issues that limit Dufty’s effectiveness at fullback. Maybe not. From what I have seen defence is his major weakness. Sound familiar? Will we possibly just have another Dufty or Field in our squad? Possibly. But I think he has real ability. I feel 5/8 will be his future. But as I said there needs to be plan developed around his future, something this Club has been poor at with many young players. Also I hear the chant, “Sailor” “Sailor” from many supporters, much like I’ve heard Dufty, Cummins and a host of others chanted before. This kid has something but we need to tread carefully and use him well because I would imagine we will hear the faint footsteps of a Broncos recruitment manager if we don’t......

AS shallow as that may seem, I reckon self righteous pride has a lot to do with the Board's stance.
If they admit their 6 year mistake with McGregor, they will look foolish and incompetent.

nontime111

Juniors
We need to be careful with Sailor and make strategic decisions about how we develop and use him. Yes he has all the skills but where is the best place to play him? He, at present, is no bigger than Dufty. He would be cannon fodder in the centres and may have the same physical issues that limit Dufty’s effectiveness at fullback. Maybe not. From what I have seen defence is his major weakness. Sound familiar? Will we possibly just have another Dufty or Field in our squad? Possibly. But I think he has real ability. I feel 5/8 will be his future. But as I said there needs to be plan developed around his future, something this Club has been poor at with many young players. Also I hear the chant, “Sailor” “Sailor” from many supporters, much like I’ve heard Dufty, Cummins and a host of others chanted before. This kid has something but we need to tread carefully and use him well because I would imagine we will hear the faint footsteps of a Broncos recruitment manager if we don’t......
Im a QLDER so am a huge fan of Tristans and belive his best position is either 5/8 ( maybe Norman to half or if Hunt or Normy leave) or fullback ( I think he CAN make it here and improve his defence)
but for now Id have him on the wing with Saab on the other and Ravi who Im a huge fan of, in the centres

AS shallow as that may seem, I reckon self righteous pride has a lot to do with the Board's stance.
If they admit their 6 year mistake with McGregor, they will look foolish and incompetent.

Dennis,

the whole NRL world can see how foolish the board decision was.

The only people who don’t seem to accept a mistake has been made, is the board.

Bench
Big chance his first grade career will,be with another team

Latest posts