What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revenue for NRL Clubs (2018-2021)

siv

First Grade
Why stop at 2? More comps = more revenue. Each state to have its own comp which feeds talent into the NRL comp. These state comps will be propped up by TV rights from State and regional media networks as well as state governments. Crowds and clubs revenues will fund grassroots in their regions.
Sydney can have it's own insular comp which is funded by money launderers, alcoholics, pokie dens and knuckle draggers.
Nah what was the NRL is really is just the NSW comp

So no need for a feeder arrangements

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
There is only one solution to make rugby league a national sport. Kick all the Sydney clubs out and have an NRL team in every capital city, except Sydney.
TV rights will be huge with the potential audience of 20+million people and crowd averages will be better than any current Sydney club.
Less pokie dens and more sportsbet, TAB, ladbrokes, bet365 etc.
Better to have gambling money in the hands of the administrators of the national game instead of the greedy clubs.
How did not having the Sydney Kings from 2009-2010 work out for the NBL?

It f**king nearly killed basketball as a professional sport in this country.

Queenslanders have to be the dumbest merkins in the country.

Not a single f**king brain cell among them.

I see a bunch of cockroaches have been triggered into mixing grog with their meds. That's dangerous and proves it doesn't take much to send them into a frenzy.

How did not having the Sydney Kings from 2009-2010 work out for the NBL?

It f**king nearly killed basketball as a professional sport in this country.

Queenslanders have to be the dumbest merkins in the country.

Not a single f**king brain cell among them.
Hey
we’re not all simpletons up here .
just because the resident fruit loop posts utter drivel everyday doesn’t mean QLDers agree with him .
In fact I’m embarrassed he follows …well supposedly follows my team .

Criminals are using the pokies to launder money.

Gambling addicts wear nappies so they don't have to give up their machine. Employees told to encourage the addicts to stay and are made to clean up the piss.

It won't take long for a scandal to hit a Leagues Club.

How much dirty money laundered through pokies at Leagues Clubs has been used to prop up struggling Sydney NRL teams?

Pneuma

First Grade

Gambling addicts wear nappies so they don't have to give up their machine. Employees told to encourage the addicts to stay and are made to clean up the piss.

How much dirty money laundered through pokies at Leagues Clubs has been used to prop up struggling Sydney NRL teams?

I wear nappies every time I’m laundering money on the pokies. My friends and I stock up on nappies ever fortnight so we can ensure we have a good flow of our bowels when we play. We crack jokes about laundrying while we launder. It cracks me up each time!

siv

First Grade

Glad Cowboys LC have joined the party

They provide nappies at the leagues club entrance.
I know someone who needs one over his mouth..
imagine poor old widowed Gladys ..everyFri she has lunch with the girls & a play on the pokies afterwards .
Along comes some idiot in a “I Hate Syd”T shirt & sits beside her.

10 secs after sitting down he starts ranting .
Isnt there too many Syd RL teams.
Gladys looking bewildered answers ..look I don’t follow the Footy .I just come here once a week for an old girls lunch & a punt on the pokies .So sorry I dont have an opinion .
Resident idiot pulls out 50 printed pages of NRL clubs financials .
Look At these!
Look at these!
I’m sorry I’m not interested says Gladys as she gets up to find another machine away from the annoyance .
Resident idiot screams after her ….don’t you care about what they did to the BRL comp.
Dont you want to see a Singapore V Logan GF.
Right you asked for it .
you’re on ignore now Gladys .
As security is walking him out he starts his spiel again with the bouncers .😂😂😂

Pneuma

First Grade
imagine poor old widowed Gladys ..everyFri she has lunch with the girls & a play on the pokies afterwards .

Gladys looking bewildered answers ..look I don’t follow the Footy .I just come here once a week for an old girls lunch & a punt on the pokies .So sorry I dont have an opinion .
Look At these!
Look at these!
I’m sorry I’m not interested says Gladys as she gets up to find another machine away from the annoyance .
Resident idiot screams after her ….don’t you care about what they did to the BRL comp.
Right you asked for it .
Pissed me self reading that. He’ll have you on Iggy again mate. Sadly it’s not far from the truth.

Pneuma

First Grade

Look At these!
Look at these!
Right you asked for it .
What I don’t understand Phil is why some people spend so much time on anonymous forums being so angry about things they have no influence or opportunity to change.

Glad Cowboys LC have joined the party
The only reason gaming machines are a staple at licenced venues in every state and mainland territory (except Western Australia) is because the NSW gov made them mainstream in 1956. The money it was getting from this income stream was through the roof and making it hard for the other states to keep up.

beave

Coach

C'mon man, NQ leaguesy has a fairly high proportion of pokie machines to overalll venue floor space. That and the TAB area always does a roaring trade whenever I've been in there on game day.

I'm not sure why this is a hill you're prepared to die on tbh????

The only reason gaming machines are a staple at licenced venues in every state and mainland territory (except Western Australia) is because the NSW gov made them mainstream in 1956. The money it was getting from this income stream was through the roof and making it hard for the other states to keep up.
But butbut ..but but but .

C'mon man, NQ leaguesy has a fairly high proportion of pokie machines to overalll venue floor space. That and the TAB area always does a roaring trade whenever I've been in there on game day.

I'm not sure why this is a hill you're prepared to die on tbh????
It's a nationwide problem that's aided and abetted by state governments because it generates so much revenue. Doesn't change the fact it causes a great deal of harm to people who have a gambling addiction.

What pisses me off is our game is happy to fleece money from gambling addicts who don't have a lobbyist group in their corner, yet it has the hide to run public relations stunts to show how inclusive and diverse it is towards the minority groups who are represented by influential advocacy groups, politicians and celebrities.

Can anyone say with a straight face that our game has caused more harm to the LGBTIQ+ community than gambling addicts?

One in five of the world's gaming machines are based in Australia. More than half of Australia's gaming machines are based in NSW. Most of NSW's gaming machines are based in Greater Sydney.

Cowboys Leagues makes about $16m per annum from gaming machine revenue. There are Leagues Clubs in Sydney making $50m to $70m per annum. I actually compiled a table of the figures on page one of this thread.

Latest posts