What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revenue for NRL Clubs (2018-2021)

Pneuma

First Grade
It's a nationwide problem that's aided and abetted by state governments because it generates so much revenue. Doesn't change the fact it causes a great deal of harm to people who have a gambling addiction.

What pisses me off is our game is happy to fleece money from gambling addicts who don't have a lobbyist group in their corner, yet it has the hide to run public relations stunts to show how inclusive and diverse it is towards the minority groups who are represented by influential advocacy groups, politicians and celebrities.

Can anyone say with a straight face that our game has caused more harm to the LGBTIQ+ community than gambling addicts?

One in five of the world's gaming machines are based in Australia. More than half of Australia's gaming machines are based in NSW. Most of NSW's gaming machines are based in Greater Sydney.

Cowboys Leagues makes about $16m per annum from gaming machine revenue. There are Leagues Clubs in Sydney making $50m to $70m per annum. I actually compiled a table of the figures on page one of this thread.
Could you post this again? I couldn’t finish it first time as I was changing my adult nappies in the cowboys league club before heading into the pokies den!

Lol
It's a nationwide problem that's aided and abetted by state governments because it generates so much revenue. Doesn't change the fact it causes a great deal of harm to people who have a gambling addiction.

What pisses me off is our game is happy to fleece money from gambling addicts who don't have a lobbyist group in their corner, yet it has the hide to run public relations stunts to show how inclusive and diverse it is towards the minority groups who are represented by influential advocacy groups, politicians and celebrities.

Can anyone say with a straight face that our game has caused more harm to the LGBTIQ+ community than gambling addicts?

One in five of the world's gaming machines are based in Australia. More than half of Australia's gaming machines are based in NSW. Most of NSW's gaming machines are based in Greater Sydney.

Cowboys Leagues makes about $16m per annum from gaming machine revenue. There are Leagues Clubs in Sydney making $50m to $70m per annum. I actually compiled a table of the figures on page one of this thread.
lol new release coming out
THE Never Ending Story #6

Logan Goes to SingaporeFABA28C4-0D28-4DB4-AD98-D8AD2C2610BC.jpeg97987ACB-8734-4FFE-B5E2-934871EA7D98.jpeg

Amazing, it goes on and on about gambling destroying families but says sweet FA about alcohol.
Guess what, they sell at Leagues Clubs and at every NRL venue, and I can assure you that's where a massive amount of profit is made for the clubs and teams. More than gambling.
So Why the attacks on gambling and none on alcohol???
I imagine it would be chased even further out of town by Cowboy fans if it went down that route.
Feckin drop kick.

Pneuma

First Grade
Amazing, it goes on and on about gambling destroying families but says sweet FA about alcohol.
Guess what, they sell at Leagues Clubs and at every NRL venue, and I can assure you that's where a massive amount of profit is made for the clubs and teams. More than gambling.
I imagine it would be chased even further out of town by Cowboy fans if it went down that route.
Feckin drop kick.
He hates pokies because they’ve funded Sydney clubs. He hates racing because of V’landys. He’s driven by the same hate factors as the whinging Pom. Pretty simple.

He hates pokies because they’ve funded Sydney clubs. He hates racing because of V’landys. He’s driven by the same hate factors as the whinging Pom. Pretty simple.
No need to tell me what "it" hates, and why.
Tell me why it doesn't attack alcohol???
it's a test

Perth Red

Post Whore
Feckin drop kick.
Its not even close from a revenue aspect. Food and drink sales at LC's are less than 10% of pokie revenue and only there and sold cheaply as an enticement to get mugs through the door and on the machines.

eg Bulldogs '21 $3mill drink, $57mill pokies

Its not even close from a revenue aspect. Food and drink sales at LC's are less than 10% of pokie revenue and only there and sold cheaply as an enticement to get mugs through the door and on the machines.

Thats at Leagues clubs, what about at games???? You didn't include that, not surprised.
No pokies at games.

Pneuma

First Grade
Its not even close from a revenue aspect. Food and drink sales at LC's are less than 20% of pokie revenue and only there and sold cheaply as an enticement to get mugs through the door and on the machines.

You do realise that pokies are just another form of entertainment for the vast majority of players and the gambling addicts make up about 1% of the population? You don’t like it so fair enough, but get off your high horse you miserable old turd. Your hatred of them is just an extension of your hatred of Sydney football clubs as is your hatred of horse racing related to V’landys. You really are a spiteful old man aren’t you?

And while I'm at it, the post was about your mate going on about pokies destroying lives but saying nothing about alcohol destroying lives and all clubs make money off piss.
In fact you do exactly the same as it, only on about pokies, not alcohol.
Why the double standards?

Because he’s a miserable hypocrite
It's really because he likes to drink piss, like a lot of us do, he doesn't like the pokies, a lot of people do like gambling.
Both vocations have people that are addicted to them.
The fact they only go after one of them shows what type of people they are.
And yes, what you said.

The Bulldogs are an unviable football club. Their annual reports prove they're reliant on gaming machine revenue from their Leagues Club to make a profit.

The only way I can see our game drawing more money from sponsorship and corporate hospitality is by adding teams in Adelaide and Perth. It'll give us a larger reach across metropolitan and regional Australia than any other sports league.

Sydney has to be rationalised to six teams. Maybe less. I'd get rid of the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Sharks. Rebrand St George so they're just The Dragons and have them take a game or two each year to Singapore, with the long term goal of covering all of Southern Sydney and having a stake in the south-east Asian market. I'd also have four or five Sydney teams take a home game against the Cowboys to Darwin. North Queensland could become the default club for the Northern Territory if this was done properly. If the Northern Territory gov and fed gov funded a 15k to 18k rectangular boutique stadium in Darwin to support five NRL games and a full time Queensland Cup team then it would help our game grow in an AFL market.

Iamback

Coach
You do realise that pokies are just another form of entertainment for the vast majority of players and the gambling addicts make up about 1% of the population? You don’t like it so fair enough, but get off your high horse you miserable old turd. Your hatred of them is just an extension of your hatred of Sydney football clubs as is your hatred of horse racing related to V’landys. You really are a spiteful old man aren’t you?

Yep, Nothing wrong with putting a $20 in while waiting for your steak to be ready