What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revenue for NRL Clubs (2018-2021)

Pneuma

First Grade
The Bulldogs are an unviable football club. Their annual reports prove they're reliant on gaming machine revenue from their Leagues Club to make a profit.

The only way I can see our game drawing more money from sponsorship and corporate hospitality is by adding teams in Adelaide and Perth. It'll give us a larger reach across metropolitan and regional Australia than any other sports league.

Sydney has to be rationalised to six teams. Maybe less. I'd get rid of the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Sharks. Rebrand St George so they're just The Dragons and have them take a game or two each year to Singapore, with the long term goal of covering all of Southern Sydney and having a stake in the south-east Asian market. I'd also have four or five Sydney teams take a home game against the Cowboys to Darwin. North Queensland could become the default club for the Northern Territory if this was done properly. If the Northern Territory gov and fed gov funded a 15k to 18k boutique stadium in Darwin to support five NRL games and a full time Queensland Cup team then it would help our game grow in an AFL market.
Sorry could you post that again? I missed it the first 150 times.

Canard

Immortal
The Bulldogs are an unviable football club. Their annual reports prove they're reliant on gaming machine revenue from their Leagues Club to make a profit.

The only way I can see our game drawing more money from sponsorship and corporate hospitality is by adding teams in Adelaide and Perth. It'll give us a larger reach across metropolitan and regional Australia than any other sports league.

Sydney has to be rationalised to six teams. Maybe less. I'd get rid of the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Sharks. Rebrand St George so they're just The Dragons and have them take a game or two each year to Singapore, with the long term goal of covering all of Southern Sydney and having a stake in the south-east Asian market. I'd also have four or five Sydney teams take a home game against the Cowboys to Darwin. North Queensland could become the default club for the Northern Territory if this was done properly. If the Northern Territory gov and fed gov funded a 15k to 18k rectangular boutique stadium in Darwin to support five NRL games and a full time Queensland Cup team then it would help our game grow in an AFL market.

Aren't the Dogs one of the most well attended teams in Sydney? And have been for decades?

As for NT (total population ~250k) building a stadium for 4 or 5 games, how many cones did you pull before you thought of this one?

westerntiger

Juniors
Sydney has to be rationalised to six teams. Maybe less. I'd get rid of the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Sharks. Rebrand St George so they're just The Dragons and have them take a game or two each year to Singapore
prime minister wow GIF by Australian Open

Sydney has to be rationalised to six teams. Maybe less. I'd get rid of the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Sharks. Rebrand St George so they're just The Dragons and have them take a game or two each year to Singapore, with the long term goal of covering all of Southern Sydney and having a stake in the south-east Asian market. I'd also have four or five Sydney teams take a home game against the Cowboys to Darwin. North Queensland could become the default club for the Northern Territory if this was done properly. If the Northern Territory gov and fed gov funded a 15k to 18k rectangular boutique stadium in Darwin to support five NRL games and a full time Queensland Cup team then it would help our game grow in an AFL market.
I’m beginning to think you are a master troll & have hooked us all .
congrats if that’s the case .
But
If you are serious then seek help .
turnoff yourPC & gotalk to someone .
your fantasies aren’t happening .
no clubs are getting cut .
Singapore has as much chance as Mars of getting a team.

when your only support on here is some other bitter old Pommy Knob who bitches all day then that should be a wake up call .

Perth Red

Post Whore
And while I'm at it, the post was about your mate going on about pokies destroying lives but saying nothing about alcohol destroying lives and all clubs make money off piss.
In fact you do exactly the same as it, only on about pokies, not alcohol.
Why the double standards?
Perspective, $3mill sales to $50plus million.

MugaB

Coach

So a sydney team has to lose out profits on home games, so your precious North Qld can benifit from being the host team darwin... again flawless logic

siv

First Grade

Where you alive between 1995-99?

Sounds like you didnt learn anything from history

Aren't the Dogs one of the most well attended teams in Sydney? And have been for decades?

As for NT (total population ~250k) building a stadium for 4 or 5 games, how many cones did you pull before you thought of this one?
You make a lot of dumb assumptions, yet you never bother to provide any evidence to back them up.

If you bothered to read the annual reports I linked to on the first page of this thread you would know the Bulldogs make f**k all money from ticketing, membership, sponsorship and corporate hospitality.

You're a lazy and ignorant moron who sits back and makes baseless school yard insults because that's the only thing a hillbilly like you can comprehend.

Knock off the strawman arguments. My post said a 15k to 18k rectangular stadium could be built in exchange for a full time Queensland Cup team and four to five NRL games. It doesn't mean other rugby league, rugby union and soccer matches wouldn't be played at the venue to help draw tourism to the NT. There are advanced plans for Mackay to have something similar in a small regional city that doesn't have an NRL team.

I suppose you think the people behind those plans are marijuana enthusiasts?

What's your stupid obsession with drugs?

Here's the all-time attendance records for teams who've competed in the NSWRL/ARL/Super League/NRL.

Bulldogs sit in eleventh spot. Hardly a well attended team.

Last edited: