What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review: 2 Broke Girls/New Girl

Bulldog Force

Referee
So there are 2 new shows hitting the Australian tubes in 2012. 2 Broke Girls, and New Girl. As I've seen the pilot to both shows, I'll give review both:

A Sitcom, 2 Broke Girls features Caroline (Beth Behrs) being forced to find a job after her trust fund is emptied and she ends up at the Williamsburg Diner, where she meets veteran server Max (Kat Dennings). A billionaire with all her assets frozen thanks to some dodgy work by her father, Caroline soon learns how the other half life, and tries to use her business mind, along with Max's experience in the hospitality industry to try and reach their goal of making a certain amount of cash so they can open up their own business together. This Sitcom has a fresh theme it and has potential to go places.

A Comedy on the other hand, New Girl shows us (Jess) Zooey Deschanel an offbeat young woman, moving into an apartment loft with three single men after she find her boyfriend cheating on her. Although they find her behavior very unusual, Schmidt (Max Greenfield), Nick (Jake Johnson) and Winston (Lamorne Morris) support her - most of the time. Another comedy with a twist. If there's a downside to this, it's that one of the original characters, Coach, played by Damon Wayans son Damon Jr. last only the Pilot episode as he had also won a part on ABC comedy Happy Endings. He is replaced in Episode 2 by Lamorne Morris. The was the big sting for this show, as Coach made a really big impression in his only episode and was possibly the funniest character, so having him gone could be the biggest body blow this show has suffered... after only 2 episodes!

2 Broke Girls, which is the latest from Sitcom Giant CBS will air on Channel 9 in 2012. New Girl will hit Channel 10 boxes also in 2012 thanks to US Channel Fox!

roofromoz

First Grade
So Channel 9 is about a screen a sitcom that has no association with Chuck Lorre? Well, I'll be...

My prediction is that it will be shafted to GO! within 4 weeks and replaced by re-runs of... probably Big Bang Theory.

Bulldog Force

Referee
So Channel 9 is about a screen a sitcom that has no association with Chuck Lorre? Well, I'll be...

My prediction is that it will be shafted to GO! within 4 weeks and replaced by re-runs of... probably Big Bang Theory.
Lorre has lost many fans after axing Charlie from 2.5 men... and I'm one of them. Haven't seen another episode of that show since episode 1 this year!

As for your prediction, it's actually alright. The only thing that isn't fresh about this show is that it's yet another sitcom set in New York!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Back of the line for you, son! :lol: ;-) :lol:

Warn? She's looking good! Though in saying that I think I'm one of the very few left that don't like their women to be built like 12 year old boys. So maybe it is just me... :?
If you mean to say that you like curvy women, I can clearly advise you that you are certainly NOT alone there ;) but Kat Dennings has clearly put on more weight since filming "Nick and Norah's infinite playlist" a few years ago is what I'm saying.

2 Broke Girls looks like one of the worst pieces of garbage ever put on TV.
I can't understand how anyone finds stuff like that funny.

Girl 1: Oh my God.....you've been robbed!
Girl 2: No, it always looks like that.
Girl 1: Oh my God.....cute!
(cue canned laughter)

Seriously?
Who finds that funny?

Bulldog Force

Referee
2 Broke Girls looks like one of the worst pieces of garbage ever put on TV.
I can't understand how anyone finds stuff like that funny.

Girl 1: Oh my God.....you've been robbed!
Girl 2: No, it always looks like that.
Girl 1: Oh my God.....cute!
(cue canned laughter)

Seriously?
Who finds that funny?
If you're judging an entire show on a quote you saw from a commercial, it says a lot about you...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Lorre has lost many fans after axing Charlie from 2.5 men... and I'm one of them. Haven't seen another episode of that show since episode 1 this year!

As for your prediction, it's actually alright. The only thing that isn't fresh about this show is that it's yet another sitcom set in New York!

The more disturbing thing is that Lorre had fans to start with

If you're judging an entire show on a quote you saw from a commercial, it says a lot about you...

Aren't they supposed to show the funniest stuff in the commercials in order to get people interested?

Besides, I checked out a couple of bits on youtube. Not one thing even made me smile.

Actually I lie - Kat Dennings' tits turned my frown upside down for a moment. But then she talked.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Aren't they supposed to show the funniest stuff in the commercials in order to get people interested?

Besides, I checked out a couple of bits on youtube. Not one thing even made me smile.

Actually I lie - Kat Dennings' tits turned my frown upside down for a moment. But then she talked.
Talked? I don't know how I can take your comments seriously considering you haven't heard of the word "spoke"!