What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review: 2 Broke Girls/New Girl

nqcowboy87

Bench
2 broke girls or as i call it kat dennings is desperate for a gig, seriously she was pretty good in nick and norahs why does she want to some piece of crap canned laughter show

azzah72

Bench
I find New girl to be a classic, Schmidt will be the new barney if they keep writing him so well.

azzah72

Bench
There will NEVER be a new Barney. It's Neil Patrick Harris or GTFO!

Hey hey hey hey, don't get me wrong, I agree!

BUT, Barneys character has gotten a bit wussy in the last couple of seasons, falling in love and shit!

A few spots of gold like the boob bet but Not the barney of seasons 1-5.

Still, I don't think Schmidt will be better than barney, but he's going to up in that area along with ari gold if they keep it up.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Hey hey hey hey, don't get me wrong, I agree!

BUT, Barneys character has gotten a bit wussy in the last couple of seasons, falling in love and shit!

A few spots of gold like the boob bet but Not the barney of seasons 1-5.

Still, I don't think Schmidt will be better than barney, but he's going to up in that area along with ari gold if they keep it up.

Ari has been a bitch for the last 4 years as well.

Both HIMYM and Entourage are pathetic shows these days.

Talked? I don't know how I can take your comments seriously considering you haven't heard of the word "spoke"!

You'd have to take it seriously - considering you don't have a real sense of humour.

Shows like 2 Broke Girls, Two And A Half Men, Big Bang Theory, Mike And Molly, etc...are completely unfunny and don't even compare to shows like Arrested Development, The Office (both versions), Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras and The Inbetweeners.

Bulldog Force

Referee
You'd have to take it seriously - considering you don't have a real sense of humour.

Shows like 2 Broke Girls, Two And A Half Men, Big Bang Theory, Mike And Molly, etc...are completely unfunny and don't even compare to shows like Arrested Development, The Office (both versions), Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras and The Inbetweeners.
How many more morons are going to compare successful sitcoms to Arrested Development which got axed? I don't care if it's been renewed or if they've turned it into a movie!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
How many more morons are going to compare successful sitcoms to Arrested Development which got axed? I don't care if it's been renewed or if they've turned it into a movie!

An axing implies that it is some form of true measure of a television shows merit. It's a dangerous assumption to think that the longer running a sitcom is, the funnier it is. You assume some level of intelligence from the regular sitcom viewer, the vast majority this isn't the case. 2.5 men, big bang theory and friends are proof of that.

Danish

Referee
The only thing more annoying than fans of idiotic shows like 2.5 men are the desperate fan boys of shows like Arrested Development.

Its a decent show but not that great, hence its axing. Comparing it to a show like Curb, which has no issue at all running for as long as Larry David damned well pleases, is ridiculous.

Big Pete

Referee
Caught the pilot of 2 Broke Girls and it sucked. Nothing sets it apart from other sit-coms except for the crude sense of humour which is infinitely compromised by the terrible abundance of canned laughter. Dennings is made to carry the show and she's pretty ordinary. I don't know what it is...but her voice is such a major turn off.

I've watched every ep. of New Girl yet I don't know if I can recommend it just yet. I keep watching purely for the Zooey factor but like Dennings in 2 Broke Girls this show relies on her too much for my liking and she's just too quirky to still be alive. The other main characters are beginning to show some personality but they're still so see through. It's a much better show than 2 Broke Girls but I wouldn't recommend investing too much time just yet. This series could go either way.

An axing implies that it is some form of true measure of a television shows merit. It's a dangerous assumption to think that the longer running a sitcom is, the funnier it is. You assume some level of intelligence from the regular sitcom viewer, the vast majority this isn't the case. 2.5 men, big bang theory and friends are proof of that.

This. :)

Bulldog Force

Referee
Caught the pilot of 2 Broke Girls and it sucked. Nothing sets it apart from other sit-coms except for the crude sense of humour which is infinitely compromised by the terrible abundance of canned laughter. Dennings is made to carry the show and she's pretty ordinary. I don't know what it is...but her voice is such a major turn off.

I've watched every ep. of New Girl yet I don't know if I can recommend it just yet. I keep watching purely for the Zooey factor but like Dennings in 2 Broke Girls this show relies on her too much for my liking and she's just too quirky to still be alive. The other main characters are beginning to show some personality but they're still so see through. It's a much better show than 2 Broke Girls but I wouldn't recommend investing too much time just yet. This series could go either way.
I don't know how you could still be a fan of New Girl considering Damon Wayans junior was gone after the pilot! He was by far the funniest... in the only episode he appeared in!

Big Pete

Referee
It was a strong pilot and personally I thought Zooey was the highlight of the show. Coach's absence is noticeable at first but the other characters step up.

Cliffhanger

Coach
The only thing more annoying than fans of idiotic shows like 2.5 men are the desperate fan boys of shows like Arrested Development.

Its a decent show but not that great, hence its axing. Comparing it to a show like Curb, which has no issue at all running for as long as Larry David damned well pleases, is ridiculous.

The humour in Arrested Development got really repetitive after the first season. The first season was quality, after that it wasn't half as good. I would probably place it next to 30 Rock in terms of quality in that the quality really depreciated after the first season.

To be fair though Curb was written by Larry David and that alone would draw more people than Arrested Development but no doubt it is a more appealing though.

Cliffhanger

Coach

I agree, the lowest common denominator generally like their humour to be simple, not thought provoking, original or clever.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
By the way, Two and a half men was one of those shows that stayed humorous over 8 seasons... however it's hit rock bottom this season due to Sheens absence. The ratings have been plummeting every week (even though they had a record 22,000,000 viewers in episode 1 of season 9) and it's a show I no longer watch, so I would appreciate it if people could stop suggesting I watch this show.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
By the way, Two and a half men was one of those shows that stayed humorous over 8 seasons... however it's hit rock bottom this season due to Sheens absence. The ratings have been plummeting every week (even though they had a record 22,000,000 viewers in episode 1 of season 9) and it's a show I no longer watch, so I would appreciate it if people could stop suggesting I watch this show.

For the mentally challenged... Yes you are correct.

azzah72

Bench
2.5 men is/was awful, most of Chuck Lorre's stuff is pretty bad. Even Roseanne was shit.

Dumb humour for the dumb. Only saving grace of 2.5 men is the occasional babe and the only saving grace of BBT is Kaley Cuoco.

Nothing redeeming of any of the others.

Bulldog Force

Referee
For the mentally challenged... Yes you are correct.
Actually, only narrow-minded individuals had difficulty seeing the what was funny in that show besides the sexual content. By saying this I am not referring to the repetitive things throughout the first 8 seasons (Jakes bad habits, Alan not having money etc...) I'm talking about the variety that came with it.

For the record, Chuck Lorre didn't make two and a half men successful... Charlie Sheen did. I guarantee you the show would not have lasted 8 seasons without Sheen in it. Watch it fail miserably now.

Latest posts