What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick Bourke

Todays Telegraph says that Rick Bourke has been diagnosed with brain cancer. Admittedly it was in Rebecca Wilson's column, but even she wouldn't be so low as to make something like this up.

My thoughts and best wishes to Rick and his family for a speedy recovery.

Get well mate, your a Sharkies legend.

steveshark

----
Saw Rick at Shark Park in 2003 as part of the 30 year Grand Final anniversary against Manly. Bishop , Watson , Sludge and some of the Manly team, Peters etc were present. Thought he looked fighting fit. Was a true club-man back in the 70's and 80's. I'm sure he will fight this with as much guts and committment as he displayed for the Sharks. Good luck mate - for a speedy recovery.

The Popper

Bench
Bloody dreadful all this. Sambo, Flash, Carol Rogers.....now Piercey and Rick. Gee, I hope they both recover.

Quigs

Immortal
all the best from the quigs and Team Era..

p-71.jpg

Quigs

Dorsel

Juniors
Bloody shocking isn't it....he actually lives up here...up in the hills behind Bangalow (near Byron Bay).....saw his car parked out the front of where he works the other day....so he's still going that well at least....

GAME FIRST

Juniors
Very clearly remember R Bourke play the eels in his day-a good fit, athlete as well as consistent fullback/ winger - some player for some reason stick in your mind not because they are only brilliant but the way they play and their attitude- he was a top clubman and held himself proudly!

All the best in your fight against the disease- all league will be behind you no doubt!