What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky on footy show?

samshark

Juniors
Fair bit of self promotion in that interview.
He really cares for the players and does heaps for them.
We know that Rick and good on you, problem you have is improving their skill levels, especially the backs and giving them some freedom.

Frailty

First Grade
Did anyone else find interesting that he gave Kimmorley a bit of a rap when discussing changes he would make to the NSW team. Along the lines of 'was in everything and tried his guts out, but there needed to be a genuine five eigth to take the pressure off'....

Didn't see all of Ricky on the Footy Show - didn't catch his comments towards the club but at least we know he isn't bias when the only players he suggests for Origin is Gallen, Snowden, and Barrett.

I for one hopes he coaches the blues again, NSW need to learn from QLD and organise a coach for the state team who has no other coaching committments and can put 100% into SOO!

Thoughts on that?

Squae

Juniors
Definately not positive for next years recruitment drive.

Was very negative regarding the availability of funds and the financial situation at the club, indicated they dont have the man power required, and also indicated that bascially people are doing well with what they have to work with basically.

Pretty obvious that the club doesnt want him there for mine. He makes out like he is doing the club the favour, but wasnt the contract in favour of the club and not sticky?, and hence it is the club which have let him out of the extra year of the contract, if they had wanted him to stay??

Quigs

Immortal
It's bloody funny really. All this 'what ifs' and 'we wills'

Geeeze if only we had a winning team that was up near the top for consecutive years.

That would be all it takes.

Oh well.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

RUBIKS

Juniors
Word through the bank is insolvency.

Question for those in the know...

The financial report said that the leagues club took the debt from the football club.

Doesn't that mean that the football club is now debt free, just unable to borrow any more or receive a grant from the club as stipulated by the bank?

samshark

Juniors

The financial report said that the leagues club took the debt from the football club.

Doesn't that mean that the football club is now debt free, just unable to borrow any more or receive a grant from the club as stipulated by the bank?

Thats right Rubiks, although the leagues club did provide a small grant to the football club this year.

And noone on this forum is really in the know (me included).
Cant you tell, fugg, half the forum has the club going insolvent by the end of the year. Mean while the new coach is planning recruitment for 2011 and onwards assured by the CEO that unlike this year he has the full cap to spend. Who you going to believe.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Thats right Rubiks, although the leagues club did provide a small grant to the football club this year.

And noone on this forum is really in the know (me included).
Cant you tell, fugg, half the forum has the club going insolvent by the end of the year. Mean while the new coach is planning recruitment for 2011 and onwards assured by the CEO that unlike this year he has the full cap to spend. Who you going to believe.

I am actually confused by what you mean in any of that.
I'll lay it out straight.
The football club is short of dough. a long way short. They have no product to sell. How will they repay the debt?
one way is to cost cut & shift funds. Bring funds forward.
After doing this, we are still well short.

Gummyshark

Juniors

Thats right. The football club is now debt free. However the leagues club is well in excess of 10 million in debt. We are also about to ask the St George bank for another loan to finish off what we have set out to do. Don't panic, we will be able to pay off this debt once we have established our objective. The grant we will give the football club now will be very minimal. And we will all be better off without Richard Fisk, he comes from a marketing and sales background and has in my opinion been average in his role as ceo.

PJ

First Grade
So Gummy you are confident we will be able to sign the players we need for next year? Or are we going with the line that we are concentrating on building what we have, that way we can save face when no one wants to come.

roboshark

Coach
Thats right. The football club is now debt free. However the leagues club is well in excess of 10 million in debt. We are also about to ask the St George bank for another loan to finish off what we have set out to do. Don't panic, we will be able to pay off this debt once we have established our objective. The grant we will give the football club now will be very minimal. And we will all be better off without Richard Fisk, he comes from a marketing and sales background and has in my opinion been average in his role as ceo.

Gummy you are always in the know..are we as screwed as we all think, or is there still light at the end of the tunnel

And what about player signings, the club needs to do something posiitve to ease some fears??

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hold on.

Wouldn't it be correct to say that the football club is only debt free up until the last financial report which was for 2009?

What about since July 2009? Are you saying that the footy club, since the 2009 financial report is running in the black?

I'd find that hard to believe.

Then again, I know very little about how these reports work and how things are skewed to give the desired impression

Gummyshark

Juniors
We are currently going through contracts and upgrades and cap space now. We will be recruiting some players next year, who they will be im not sure. Financially we will struggle through, but we will definitley come through and hopefully prosper. As I said previously Richard Fisk is no loss. Talk to anyone who has delt with him (other than Ricky ) and they will agree.

Latest posts