What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Ponting is a Shocking Captain Thread

lockyno1

Post Whore
Discuss the useless captain in here..

His record..

A loss in the Ashes

A easy loss in India

Now first captain in 13 years to lose in Australia:lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Apart from skeepe..who disagrees..he is terrible..he makes Kim Hughes look like Steve Waugh as a captain!

Matt23

Staff member
Locky, nobody takes any notice of Skeepe, not even his fellow Raiders fans.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Discuss the useless captain in here..

His record..

A loss in the Ashes

A easy loss in India

Now first captain in 13 years to lose in Australia:lol:

Heres a couple more he can look back on with pride

First Aussie captain to lose a ODI to the Bangers

First captain (any nation) that couldnt defend a record 430+ ODI score, hence creating a record score for the opponents

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
was carried by a team with depth and had guys like Lehman and Warnie to help him, now he has to make decisions for himself

epic fail

lockyno1

Post Whore

First captain (any nation) that couldnt defend a record 430+ ODI score, hence creating a record score for the opponents

First captain that believed Mick Lewis was good:lol:

Ridders

Coach

I'll always love Ponting for that.

shiznit

Coach
hes not THAT bad.... i agree that he shouldn't have taken over from Waugh... if Warne had kept his pants on/stopped being a filthy merkin on his mobile/didnt take drugs.... he would have taken over from Waugh.

but it doesn't say much about people when they kick a bloke when he's down.... best thing to do imo is to support your captain.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've been saying it for years and people have been telling me "look at his record" "He is a great leader you can't knock him" Well know those people have to agree with me, i still can't believe a guy that played under 2 very good skippers in Taylor and Waugh and he learn't SFA.........

TheParraboy

Staff member
I've been saying it for years and people have been telling me "look at his record" "He is a great leader you can't knock him" Well know those people have to agree with me, i still can't believe a guy that played under 2 very good skippers in Taylor and Waugh and he learn't SFA.........

Wasnt Tugger a scapegoat in a losing tri-series one year, and then they put punter as captain to "fix" the one day side.

As for the test side captaincy, I reckon Warne was gonna be a shoe in for it...had he not done a few dumb things off the field couple of years leading up to Tuggers retirement.

Other than that, They could have gone Gilly, which would have been my preference.

But I think they wanted one captain for both ODI and tests, which probably swayed it to Punter

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warnie should have got the gig after Tugga, but unfortunately his off field drama's didn't give him the chance. But he would have made a brilliant skipper.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think Punter is shocking but he sure can be negative some times.

We'v been spoiled by th likes of Tugga and Taylor and Punter is just average.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Any captain that refuses to bowl Katich when the other bowlers are s..t, is shocking Twiz. No excuses for that whatsoever.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Wasnt Tugger a scapegoat in a losing tri-series one year, and then they put punter as captain to "fix" the one day side.

As for the test side captaincy, I reckon Warne was gonna be a shoe in for it...had he not done a few dumb things off the field couple of years leading up to Tuggers retirement.

Other than that, They could have gone Gilly, which would have been my preference.

But I think they wanted one captain for both ODI and tests, which probably swayed it to Punter

Agreed on Gilly and Warne..and then after Warnie Pup would have been ready unlike the Tasmanian which shows how smart he is on the field by playing Mick Lewis:lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
While Lehman still in the test side he was practically captaining the side, thats why Ponting had a cry when he wasn't picked for the 2005 ashes series and look what happened there...........