What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Quits !!!

PJ

First Grade
Not writing him off, just think there are better options.

As stated before I can't see him helping to attract players, and that is something we need and need now.

Frailty

First Grade
What is this fascination with attracting players? When have we EVER attracted players? We got Anderson to do that.. It failed... We tried Ricky... Wasn't the most successful...

I remember when our sides were one of the most exciting teams to watch - and the majority of players weren't 'big name signings' but rather players we developed in our system. Think about Rogers, Peacher, Campbell, ET, Miller, Healy, Dykes, Treister, Graham... These were not big signings but players we developed.

We need to be that side because we can't afford to compete any other way. We have exciting players in our roster now, and one of my criticisms of Ricky was him saying we don't have the players... We didn't have the players for his game.

I want to see our squad developed, not bought. It is the only way our club can compete.

PJ

First Grade
I want to see our squad developed, not bought. It is the only way our club can compete

Used to think that way, but how many titles has that gotten us?

We need some quality to help the young potentials through.

It will be Brown

Coolum I think you will find they have already announced Flanagan for next year.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I have a feeling Ricky didn't coach that side on Saturday

Yeah < good call Einstein. The players coached themselves. Or Maybe Flanno did it by remote control from Origin camp ey?

On the issue of his resignation I think its been handled well by Ricky. He is a real pro.
Sharks get to save some bucks by appointing his apprentice & letting him take the reigns for the rest of this year.
This should go towards a very big shortfall the football club is going to have this year.
I think we will see Ricky back in the Blues job pretty soon & lets hope he repays Toops & Gal & Snowy.
I think that this resignation has more to do with Rick looking out for the welfare of Cronulla & his good friend flanno, rather then his own career. Could it be the case that Flanno was a clause in the resignation?
Well done Ricky & thanks for saving my club from exctinction.

Alan Shore

First Grade
How can Flanagan have coached the side against Parra if he is NSW Assistant - wouldn't they have all been in camp?

Eion

First Grade
FMD. Well, it looks like the ride has come to an end for SSB and redders. Some are fearing for reefy but I fear for redders. His life work has come to an end....Watch for the melbourne rebels to get a couple of new joiners in their forum.

Surely

Post Whore
I'm not reading through it all but I can imagine showbagioweyouone is covered in his own yoghurt

coolumsharkie

Referee
Hi Phil, here’s a tip.
Greg Inglis to join the Sharks in 2011. My mate is his 1st cousin and he said its looking good

Gri kohn of Towoomba (Reply)
Mon 24 May 10 (01:48pm)

photo_384.jpg
I hope you’re right but it’s the first I’ve heard of it.

Phil Rothfield
Mon 24 May 10 (02:06

:shock: :shock:

Avenger

Immortal
Do you remember at the beginning of the year when I went on this site and said Stuart would quit by mid year. Most of you gave it to me especially Reefy.

I f**king told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frailty

First Grade
Used to think that way, but how many titles has that gotten us?

We need some quality to help the young potentials through.

Just as many as it has when were chasing other players...

It actually seemed to get us to more Grand Finals, and got us a minor premiership in 1999.

I remember in 1994 we won the president's cup and I'm pretty sure we were high up in the reserve grade too. How are our juniors now? Our Toyota Cup is improving under Joey Grima... We need to concentrate on this.

We can't afford to pay overs for players that won't bring the club success... We need to save money and be successful... That's by developing our own players.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Do you remember at the beginning of the year when I went on this site and said Stuart would quit by mid year. Most of you gave it to me especially Reefy.

I f**king told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you fluked it , but you also said it was already done didn't you? This has only unfolded in the las month. This I do know.

Avenger

Immortal
Well you fluked it , but you also said it was already done didn't you? This has only unfolded in the las month. This I do know.

Be a man and f**king admit it.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/s...stuart+quit+username_Avenger_username&page=13

Posted on 3 March 2010.

Assuming you start poorly and only win a handful of games I predict that pressure will mount on your coach and in the end it will be too much and he will resign. Subsequently the assistant will take over as your finances will not allow the payment of a high profile coach.

You will survive until the new TV deal however the Central Coast will pose a viable alternative if the Sharks continue in this way. There will then be a few alternatives; relocation (which you should take in a heartbeat), merger which I cannot see happening or sadly total extinction.

The way the world is now and the way that demographics and attitudes have changed towards league in the Sutherland Shire there is simply no way you will survive unless you jag a comp or come close to it. The proposed redevelopment will come too late. The plans have already been delayed until August due to the difficulties of finding a backer. I have lived here for over 20 years and I have seen the change in the area. People are just not into the Sharks as they were at their peak in the mid to late 90's. You cannot deny that.