What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Quits

he's good for 2 years.

i dont believe flannagan will do any better. infact if we win 3 games next year ill be suprised.

anyone who does is kiddingt themselves. ricky has a method. he nearly got us over the line in 08 with no where near the best squad in the comp.

his inability to adapt on the field after they changed the rules and had 2 reffs was telling.

however he probably had too much on his plate that year.

he tried hard. he had the sh*ts when we lost. good luck to the man in the future

DS as much as you want to bitch moan about it, Ricky Stuart did a lot of things for the club...

2008 was a good year to be a sharks fan. We were winning and we dominated teams... After previous years of winning and then dying off, it was great to see.

2009 was a write off. If anyone says different, they are just being foolish. As a club we were lucky to survive and put a side on the field each week. Ricky Stuart is stubborn, but that helped us through this period.

2010 he was past his use by date at the Sharks. It is well known he is an intense coach, and I imagine this was in hyperdrive in 2009 that the player roster was just burnt out this year.

We need to remember in that time we have had 4 CEOs. FOUR! How many other clubs have had that in 3 short years?

I wish Ricky all the best. I didn't agree with a lot of his selections or methods, but I do credit him with holding this club together. I'm happy that he knew it was time to go and he didn't just push on because he thought he could turn it around.

I would like to see him get the NSW gig. I believe his intensity and motivation great in the short term - just like an origin camp.

Good luck Ricky.

You are entitled to your opinion Frailty fair enough.

But I will judge him on what he produced on the field in the past two seasons.

Because in the end that's what matters to paying fans.

We played boring football and rarely scored more than three tries a game.

We finished equal last in 2009 and at the time he officially walked we are third last but really second last taking out Melbourne who cannot accrue points this season.

In the end the buck stops with him in regards to all that.

Result? Complete and utter disaster for the Club!

carinashark

First Grade
Yes its good for the club that he has stepped away. Good for Flanagan too, he now has his chance to show he can do somthing different.
We have a great set of forwards, and we just need to improve the backs to a point where we can compete.
It wont be this year but with other teams salary cap issues we may yet find away to pick up the two players we need.
Maybe those that can read wont be booing the side off this week.

carcharias

Immortal
mate
Every team in the comp should go ballistic with salary cap cheating right now.
No way on Earth the NRL are gonna do diddly squat.

The start busting everyone that is over and their entire business is rooted.

The storm are no way the only ones.

rigged and a fugging sick joke the entire setup.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hye Dragon Slayer, did you know Ben Hannant doesnt like Ricky?
But not as much as you hate David Peachey & other Cronulla greats like Steve & Matt Rogers.

Your a great fan to have DS, Sharks pinup fan.

Hye Dragon Slayer, did you know Ben Hannant doesnt like Ricky?
But not as much as you hate David Peachey & other Cronulla greats like Steve & Matt Rogers.

Your a great fan to have DS, Sharks pinup fan.

I don't dislike David Peachey.

I don't dislike the late Steve Rogers.

I do detest Matt Rogers for reasons I have stated on here quite a few times.

the rat?

the rat was great. so what he left for rugby. he was a good wallaby too.

i dunno how you can hate good players.

ive always just hated the hacks that f**k up and anyone in the red v.

Frailty

First Grade
NO RCB, that is the type of Sharks fan DS is. He is a whiteanter of some of our best performers & even immortals.
Real Quality.
How anybody could have shamelessly attacked the peach during his time with club is beyone comprehension.

Check this thread.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/search.php?searchid=93257

He even continued to attack him after he left the club

I agree he was critical of him towards the end of his career, and after leaving... But he did put him as fullback in his sharks greatest team....

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
.. But he did put him as fullback in his sharks greatest team....
Couldn't care less whether you agree or not.
But on this point, yeah he was copping such a hounding on the forum for his Peachey hatred that he used this little manoeuvre to stem the tide.
Then comes the Anti Rat tirades which then lead to the insults of his father.
Great supporter.

i reckon peach was justified in his opinions toward our management at the time.

he was better than simmons hwen he left.

he was better than sullivan.

he should have stayed a sharka dn we should have done more.

having said that im biased as peachey is my all time favourite.

The Dodger

First Grade
i reckon peach was justified in his opinions toward our management at the time.

he was better than simmons hwen he left.

he was better than sullivan.

he should have stayed a sharka dn we should have done more.

having said that im biased as peachey is my all time favourite.

I loved watching the peach play.
One of my all time favourites.

I do detest him for what he did when he left.
The club offered one year, he wanted two.

There was no reason to go out in public and bag the club who WERE loyal to him.

Does anyone know how many times David peachey went missing in action during his time at the sharks?

The club stood by him through alot.

And for him to come and bag the club like that?

Anyway,

Ricky was great for the club in alot of areas.
But once he announced his resignation, he should have left.

Dave Q

Coach
One of the first things Ricky said was that he was going to do was to change the culture.

He had a vision of a massive millionaires sharkies club. It was grand and limitless.

He wanted three or four more marquee players. Imagine what an Inglis, Taia, dave Taylor and an Isreal could do together.

A couple of meatheads like Ellis, a Heighington. A Dugan or Coote.

He wanted to corporatise things and bring in the moola. He wanted to take the Roosters model and apply it South.

But he didnt reckon on the politiking being as bad as it was and all the off-feild drama and so forth.

Bird was a major loss as well. I supported the stance the club took at the start, it was harsh, but they had to stand up. Theyve suffered since.

It broke my heart to see Karlos Filliga wasted. A promising career turned to mush.They didnt understand him and he didnt understand them. Where is he now?

In the end, no-one was listening to Ricky. They didnt respect him from top to bottom.

Everyone was too busy stabbing each other.

And until you, my brothers, start cutting a few of your own family's throats like we did at Souths, nothing will change.

In the meantime, good luck to Flanno. I think they will OK for the rest of the year.

Accredited Idiot #142.

Last edited:

sharknows

Bench
Before Ricky signed with the Sharks I couldn't stand him. He arrived here like a breath of fresh air and I was impressed with his drive, professionalism and enthusiasm. I have become one of his biggest supporters but acknowledge his weaknesses. Given the series of horrors that have occurred over the past 2 seasons I really believe that he has done everything he could to pull us up from the floor. Unfortunately with all good intention he has made some terrible blunders with the player roster which is the real reason we are struggling. Thanks for your well intentioned efforts Ricky but it is now right to move on.

Dave Q

Coach
Before Ricky signed with the Sharks I couldn't stand him. He arrived here like a breath of fresh air and I was impressed with his drive, professionalism and enthusiasm. I have become one of his biggest supporters but acknowledge his weaknesses. Given the series of horrors that have occurred over the past 2 seasons I really believe that he has done everything he could to pull us up from the floor. Unfortunately with all good intention he has made some terrible blunders with the player roster which is the real reason we are struggling. Thanks for your well intentioned efforts Ricky but it is now right to move on.

Yes, I think its timely that he moved on. He had nothing more to give. He couldnt attract the players the sharks needed to thrive.

Now the sharks have to pay overs for awhile, but sooner or later, so long as the front office is humming, things will be OK.

Latest posts