What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Quits

squiddy

Juniors
I was a Ricky fan however I am glad to see him go .

He was outstanding last year no other coach could have pulle dus through that mire , 08 we were one game short so another good year on his resume .

This year I think he lost it a bit and who could blame him , sharks at present are a tough gig , he would have been tired of banging his head against the brick wall and constant behind the scenes crap .

Good luck Ricky and thanks but you made the right decision for yourself and the club.

Now this is a test for flanno........

Stoner Rock

Juniors
So the stage is all set for Ricky to coach the Blues next year. I predict the post match press conference after Origin I will feature quotes such as this:
Ricky: "Yeah, we've got a tough bunch of guys here but they're just not good enough to match it with those Maroon boys. We've got $6 million dollars worth of talent and they have $6.1 million. We're not a good enough footy team to make up that sort of difference."

I see a great future in demotivational speaking for Mr Stuart.

Thanks for keeping the club together and working your guts out Mr Stuart. Now go find a new job that doesn't require you to instill confidence in people.

Special K

Coach
See you and thanks for your time Rick. Things might have been different with Bird, Barrett, Tupou, Gallen, Kearney, Seymour had been able to stick together.

carcharias

Immortal
well

He tried hard....maybe too hard.
I thought he was a great signing .....things went pear shaped rapidly last year.

No coach could have stopped the onslaught from all of that stuff.

Having said that I am kind of glad it is over.

Hope Flano can keep his cool in front of the TV camera's.

Hopefully , this was the mythical corner that needed to be turned around.

Stonecutter

First Grade
See you and thanks for your time Rick. Things might have been different with Bird, Barrett, Tupou, Gallen, Kearney, Seymour had been able to stick together.

Don't forget Reece (who played city country and was a real origin bolter before his horrible injury run) and Johnny Mannah (wasn't he said to be the better brother?).

It was just his time to go. He did his job and couldn't do anymore. He is a good coach, but a team building coach from the bottom up he is not. We would continue to be strangled under his coaching with this bunch.

Alot of respect for what he did though. Good on him.

lolesi

First Grade
Special K sums it up pretty well..

I have enjoyed Ricky being the coach and its sad to see it end the way it did.

I wish him luck for whatever he does next. He was great for Cronulla.

Anyone that thinks Ricky Stuart was great for Cronulla are kidding themselves.

Anyone see the crowd figure on the weekend?

Anyone see the mood of the fans?

Wake up to yourselves.

Frailty

First Grade
Anyone that thinks Ricky Stuart was great for Cronulla are kidding themselves.

Anyone see the crowd figure on the weekend?

Anyone see the mood of the fans?

Wake up to yourselves.

DS as much as you want to bitch moan about it, Ricky Stuart did a lot of things for the club...

2008 was a good year to be a sharks fan. We were winning and we dominated teams... After previous years of winning and then dying off, it was great to see.

2009 was a write off. If anyone says different, they are just being foolish. As a club we were lucky to survive and put a side on the field each week. Ricky Stuart is stubborn, but that helped us through this period.

2010 he was past his use by date at the Sharks. It is well known he is an intense coach, and I imagine this was in hyperdrive in 2009 that the player roster was just burnt out this year.

We need to remember in that time we have had 4 CEOs. FOUR! How many other clubs have had that in 3 short years?

I wish Ricky all the best. I didn't agree with a lot of his selections or methods, but I do credit him with holding this club together. I'm happy that he knew it was time to go and he didn't just push on because he thought he could turn it around.

I would like to see him get the NSW gig. I believe his intensity and motivation great in the short term - just like an origin camp.

Good luck Ricky.

Since 73

First Grade
All the best at the Broncs Stickman and thanks - you kept us alive last year.
But you should have left when you announced you were going.
It's been a car crash since then.

It's not a good sign when our last 3 coaches have all gone before their contract was up.

Good luck Flennow.

Latest posts