What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

spartan2153

Juniors
He may not have built the Roosters from scratch but he did what both Phil Gould and Graham Murray couldn't... and that's get that one step further and actually win a Grand Final. The Roosters had been one of the powerhouses in the comp for the previous 6 years but neither Murray or Gould could get them over the line whereas Stuart did. He deserved some credit for that.

I'll agree his origin experiment was a disaster. But his tactics at club level served him well over the course of his career. In fairness he had to try something left field with the Blues though to beat QLD with their squad but it wasn't a good option.

You said the other day that I come across as irrational when discussing Kearney, and you might have a point there. But if I am irrational discussing Kearney then you are equally irrational when it comes to your dismissal of Ricky Stuart.

So its fare to say that he cant build a side to be a power house, but is good at sucking the team for everything it has at the time.

The eels need to be built. This team is so far from premiership material it aint funny,

He released degois for f**kn corey hughes.

Eels Dude

Coach
So its fare to say that he cant build a side to be a power house, but is good at sucking the team for everything it has at the time.

The eels need to be built. This team is so far from premiership material it aint funny,

He released degois for f**kn corey hughes.

I would say it's fair to say he HASN'T built a side into a powerhouse not that he cannot. He didn't really have to at the Roosters as they had a wealth of talent already and he may have tried at Cronulla but it was no secret at the time that the club were strapped financially back then and had limited resources available compared to the other Sydney clubs.

Someone

Bench
I would say it's fair to say he HASN'T built a side into a powerhouse not that he cannot. He didn't really have to at the Roosters as they had a wealth of talent already and he may have tried at Cronulla but it was no secret at the time that the club were strapped financially back then and had limited resources available compared to the other Sydney clubs.

stop taking things into consideration.

boxhead

First Grade
My only real issue with Ricky is his team selections, other than that I would say I am very happy with how NSW performed in the past two Origin series.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Never boring being an Eels fan. Always something interesting happening.

Bring on the new coach. Excited to see who it may be.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
This is the biggest load of crap statement i have read especially the bold part.

I am not a fan of kearney but to hear everyone coming out that didnt want him now say we have to support the next coach is a joke when we all no we didnt support kearney as coach.

lol.

I missed that from Casper.
Well done.

Suity

I can see why he would be a failure.

#noangryface

The deathriders have come to the surface...:lol::lol::lol:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
For all his faults at least Stuart coached sides are known for strong defence and that is definitely something we need.

Loudstrat

Coach
Ricky Stuarts post Roosters stats are not 33%. Thats his Origin stats fof f*cks sake. All up - it's 46%.

What is interesting is that his first season was pretty much identical to our last year. Narrow last minute losses killed them. He made the minor changes to convert those into wins - and they came equal first. Kearney made minor changes, and we couldnt win a f*cking chook raffle!

Anyone whinging if we pick up Sticky after punting Kearney is like someone selling a f*cking Kia and complaining about getting a Ferrari.

So the coach who has proven to walk away from clubs worse than when he gets there will be our head coach it looks like. This board is a joke. The ultimate whinger & half killer will lead this once great club.
Which is all his fault right?

He took Easts to three straight grand finals. Second coach to do so legally since Warren Ryan at Canterbury in 86. Took Cronulla to an almost MP bar for and against. That's better than their miracle year this year ffs!. And why did things go to sh*t at Cronulla? Tony Zappia. Sex Scandal. Fraud. The same f*ckwit board that Chris Anderson left because of. Greg Bird. No money.

None of that is Sticky's fault.

FOr those of you who actually think he is half decent speak to supoorters of roosters & shoarks to see how much damage he has done there & how long it took them to recover
Three grand final at one, a very unlikely prelim GF at another. I'm sure they would have preferred Kearney. FFS..........

This is a tough one for you Eels fans. To me Stuart is a 3 year coach. An extremely intense individual (in regards to passion and performing at your best every game) that will work well in your favour for the first few years. After that i believe the weekly grind of having a coach like him wears guys out. And here is the dilemma. When he leaves,how will he leave the club? Warren Ryan left Balmain because "the juice had been squeezed from the orange" which is fair enough to a certain extent, however as head coach it should have been his responsibility to make sure there was a lot more oranges coming through. I believe Stuart to be the same sort of individual. Hopefully for you guys if you do get him, there will be plenty of fruit left when he departs. As an outsider, i have no doubt the Eels will improve dramatically under Stuart, but i would also already be looking at a succession plan.
He probably is. Jack Gibson was a 3 year coach.

Sticky is one bloke who will do whatever it takes. He will motivate, hassle and challenge players. He will get into referees. He will expect board support - and wreak some sort of havock if it doesnt come. We have not had that since Jack Gibson. Monie and Hilditch would never rock the boat. Cronin was not demanding of success. Smith was obsessed with his white board and text and just annoyed everybody. Taylor just wasnt here long enough, but seems to be too much of the players mate. Hagan - underrated - was too relaxed. Ando had one game plan. Kearney too much of a hippy peaceful attitude - may as well have been coached by Neil.

06ocznu7ygriir.jpg

Ricky Stuart would be a vast improvement. It could not get worse. Forfeiting would be an improvement. Anyone bemoaning sacking Mooks for Sticky would complain about winning lotto.

But the real thing is this - we are relying on Benny Elias being 99.9% certain. That could mean he read it in his tea leaves.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Originally Posted by Suitman
lol.

Well done.

Suity

I might be a dikhead to some people but one thing i will not do is pretend to be humble like all the wanks who are saying good luck to kearney when they death rode him like i did.

Man up you merkins & stand by your original statement.

Stuart is the worse coach possible for this club
Love the way you both are twisting things around.
The pain and humiliation must be cutting deep.
We all want success. Back in 2010 onwards I pointed out a terrible attitude coming from board level producing an inevitable consequence that will not let success happen down-the-line. Now during 2012 we end up with most anti-Casper forumites joining forces (an analogy) with Casper. They are all reacting to the effect of the consequences I was pointing out 21 months ago. They all want success. They all want the coach to resign or be sacked. Bingo coach is gone and our club is still in the deep shit of coming last produced by the terrible board-level attitude. We all want success. So now we have the same bunch of anti-Casper forumites joining forces with Casper to get rid of what remains of 3P and its disastrous effects, at least on the footy club side of things because they all want success. And you two merkins want success too but not at the cost of giving up your pride. How about humbling yourselves you f**kwits and join with the rest of us who want success, doing what we can to make sure our club is successful. Since the 3P/DA fiasco arose all I have done is do the best I can to protect the high standards of success we all dream/live for our club. It was not my fault that you merkins did not listen to me. Most of you are fully-responsible for the lowering of our standards of success. Most of you gave your support (life-energy) to the shit that was set into motion by the board. You kept on ignoring the shit and twisting things around so that those of us who were pointing out the shit were made to look like bad guys while the shit lovers came up smelling like roses. Go and get f**ked.....:cool::lol:

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors
f**k your a crybaby.

go and support someone else then. whoever our coach is id say itll be enough to rally us out of this situation anyway otherwise the players will look like lazy barstards (which they probably are). happens all the time after a new coach arrives and everyone is on notice.

and by the time that improved period is over our juniors will be more developed and hopefully we have a better roster to work with, meaning we should be looking at a couple of successful years to come.

You had a little sook about something I said last night and you got shown up with everyone answering you back in the way you didn't like. i'd say your the cry baby.

But we'll see how great Stuart is, when he comes. I'd love to be proven wrong but I doubt I will.

Oh btw grow up.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I hope for your team sake, if Ricky does sign on, that he can start almost immediately, not so much coaching, more so in a coaching director role while the assistant coaches for the rest of the year. It will allow him to survey what is wrong with the club, maybe allow him to see which players he wants to have more time on the field so he can get more of an idea of what they are capable of, and most importantly, start getting that defensive side of the game fixed. A strong Parra is a good for the game, plus it makes it better when we beat you that you guys aren't considered the whipping boys of the comp.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I hope for your team sake, if Ricky does sign on, that he can start almost immediately, not so much coaching, more so in a coaching director role while the assistant coaches for the rest of the year. It will allow him to survey what is wrong with the club, maybe allow him to see which players he wants to have more time on the field so he can get more of an idea of what they are capable of, and most importantly, start getting that defensive side of the game fixed. A strong Parra is a good for the game, plus it makes it better when we beat you that you guys aren't considered the whipping boys of the comp.
Hopefully mate. Look what happened in 09 when both Parra and the Dogs are going well, the Prelim final was one of the biggest games of recent times. We will be back.:)

Eels Dude

Coach

Cheers mate. I hope so to. At least this time round our coach has left mid season so that allows us adequate time to find a replacement and possibly like you say have a say in recruitment next year if a swift decision is made. When Hagan and Ando were given the punt it was in the off season and the replacement coaches pretty much walked into the role in the following years pre season. By the way, congrats on the win tonight, your guys are looking good for a shot at the premiership this year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Board meeting this morning to discuss the offer from Stickys management from last night.

good to see things are moving quick...

let's make it happen..and would love to see Pay, Grima and Zappia back to work with him..

Gronk

Staff member
Raiders are still confident. If an offer is on the table from Sticky, then that's great news.

If I was Fordo, I'd be very bullish and make the Eels pay in these desperate times.

Then again I'm a merkin when it comes to these things.

spartan2153

Juniors
Originally Posted by Suitman
lol.

Well done.

Suity

Love the way you both are twisting things around.
The pain and humiliation must be cutting deep.
We all want success. Back in 2010 onwards I pointed out a terrible attitude coming from board level producing an inevitable consequence that will not let success happen down-the-line. Now during 2012 we end up with most anti-Casper forumites joining forces (an analogy) with Casper. They are all reacting to the effect of the consequences I was pointing out 21 months ago. They all want success. They all want the coach to resign or be sacked. Bingo coach is gone and our club is still in the deep shit of coming last produced by the terrible board-level attitude. We all want success. So now we have the same bunch of anti-Casper forumites joining forces with Casper to get rid of what remains of 3P and its disastrous effects, at least on the footy club side of things because they all want success. And you two merkins want success too but not at the cost of giving up your pride. How about humbling yourselves you f**kwits and join with the rest of us who want success, doing what we can to make sure our club is successful. Since the 3P/DA fiasco arose all I have done is do the best I can to protect the high standards of success we all dream/live for our club. It was not my fault that you merkins did not listen to me. Most of you are fully-responsible for the lowering of our standards of success. Most of you gave your support (life-energy) to the shit that was set into motion by the board. You kept on ignoring the shit and twisting things around so that those of us who were pointing out the shit were made to look like bad guys while the shit lovers came up smelling like roses. Go and get f**ked.....:cool::lol:

So all you merkins bagged the crap out of him like i did for 2 years but now that he is gone are saying good luck steve you tried your best. Making out like you actually wanted him to succeed.

I have death riden him from day one & now that he is gone i aint gonna pretend like i wish him luck. Hell no. He ruined our club & i stand bu my original statement that he was crap & the board have now proved they made a mistake.

I wont sit there like you merkins & pretend i care about him now & say al the best.

I now get why you are laughed at so much on here. To actually put me with the kearney lovers proves your a moron

Latest posts