What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Someone

Bench
Looks like we will go backwards another 3 years, It's getting to the point where i can't see any brighter days ahead for this club for a long long while.

f**k your a crybaby.

go and support someone else then. whoever our coach is id say itll be enough to rally us out of this situation anyway otherwise the players will look like lazy barstards (which they probably are). happens all the time after a new coach arrives and everyone is on notice.

and by the time that improved period is over our juniors will be more developed and hopefully we have a better roster to work with, meaning we should be looking at a couple of successful years to come.

Eels Dude

Coach
Stuart comes with some negatives but he does come with some positives. He wouldn't be my first choice but if he does get the job I'll support and at least give him a crack at hopefully turning us around.

spartan2153

Juniors
f**k your a crybaby.

go and support someone else then. whoever our coach is id say itll be enough to rally us out of this situation anyway otherwise the players will look like lazy barstards (which they probably are). happens all the time after a new coach arrives and everyone is on notice.

and by the time that improved period is over our juniors will be more developed and hopefully we have a better roster to work with, meaning we should be looking at a couple of successful years to come.

Thats his opinion SO dont be a tool and have a goat him for it.

Since you think stuart is so great. His winning percentage after his first 3 years at the roosters is 35%. Roosters team was built for him.

People suggesting stuart is not the man for the job have facts to back it up

spartan2153

Juniors
Stuart comes with some negatives but he does come with some positives. He wouldn't be my first choice but if he does get the job I'll support and at least give him a crack at hopefully turning us around.

What are his positives. Dont say state of origin coach

lingard

Coach
I think this is good. Sk has set up our junior development well and Stuart believes in the youth. I think it's a good thing tbh. But we will see how it goes

I don`t agree or disagree with this statement, and I`m not having a go at you, because a lot of other people have said this. My question is: How do you (we) know?

lingard

Coach
we may want stuart but why would stuart want to come to this rabble of a club. I think we will offer him heaps and he will decline and we'll end up with mick potter.

You might be right, but it seems strange that the club would wait this long and then sack Kearney (I know, he said it was his decision) at this time (coincidentally, just when Ricky Stuart becomes available after origin) without already having a coach (probably Ricky Stuart) already all but signed.

eel4life

Juniors
If we get Ricky, good I will support him like I have the other coaches.

The main thing that Ricky can do is attract players, when he took over the Sharkies they were struggling, and they actually played to their potential.

If he comes in and gets our players playing to their potential, then i am all for it, i will back him or whoever comes in.

He can attract players, we have some great kids coming through again, and SK and Peter Nolan should be congratulated for getting us back to what we where good at again, and hopefully we will bear the fruits in the years to come.

No one is bigger than the club, that goes from the administration through to the players and filters through to us the fans, hopefully now we can move forward all together and finally realise the potential that our club can produce.

Onward and Upward.

Since you think stuart is so great. His winning percentage after his first 3 years at the roosters is 35%. Roosters team was built for him.

it shows how low we have sunk that a 35% win rate actually looks pretty appealing right now
i dont know if stuart could get us to a premiership but i believe this team needs a massive kick in the arse right now and i think stuart could give it so maybe he is the man for the job at least short term

Eels Dude

Coach
What are his positives. Dont say state of origin coach

1. He's won a premiership.
2. He's shown he can get 2 different clubs into the top 4.
3. He seems to be a coach players want to play for so we should improve on the signings front which is something we've struggled with this year.
4. He's tough and doesn't take the softly softly approach
5. Tactically he seems pretty sound and has the ability adjust a style to the players he has available.

spartan2153

Juniors
You might be right, but it seems strange that the club would wait this long and then sack Kearney (I know, he said it was his decision) at this time (coincidentally, just when Ricky Stuart becomes available after origin) without already having a coach (probably Ricky Stuart) already all but signed.

I think our board only acted out of desperation as stuart could have signed with canberra in the next week or so. They didnt want to look like morons again. Stuart is the guy they must want & out of desperation made it now to have best shot at him

Fitzy had to go but 1 thing he did do was back his coaches no matter how bad we went. I dont believe he ever sacked a coach

Someone

Bench

1. No one said anything about goats.

2. I never said Stuart "was that great"

3. Theres stats everywhere that would just about rule every coach in the nrl out in your minds so what does it matter. the board will pick someone and regardless who it is we will have to support it.

Someone

Bench
3. He seems to be a coach players want to play for so we should improve on the signings front which is something we've struggled with this year.
5. Tactically he seems pretty sound and has the ability adjust a style to the players he has available.

but eels dude he leaves clubs in a mess. so forget about him, and find someone who hasnt destroyed a club, like hasler or bennent...oh wait.

spartan2153

Juniors

HE has never built a team to win a premiership.

2 both rosters were strong when he took over & he screwed them both up

HE is tough & has screwed over every halfback he has coached

Tactically he is a moron. The last state of origin game proved it. YOu playing in qld & you go there with only 2 props. Then when qld bring on there pigs our boys cant handle the roll they get.

He released de gois to sign corey hughes. A 23 year old hooker with loads of ptential & signed a 31 year former back rower turned hooker. He has no idea.

Players love him at club level because they get away with murder under him

I think our board only acted out of desperation as stuart could have signed with canberra in the next week or so. They didnt want to look like morons again. Stuart is the guy they must want & out of desperation made it now to have best shot at him

Fitzy had to go but 1 thing he did do was back his coaches no matter how bad we went. I dont believe he ever sacked a coach

if so they are taking a huge gamble if stuart signs with canberra and jt or the other coaches dont come to the eels they will end up with nothing & will have to rely on another rookie in arthurs to coach a struggling team under massive pressure

i dont think fitzy actually sacked a coach midseason but did he choose not to renew brian smith's contract?

Last edited:

spartan2153

Juniors
if so they are taking a huge gamble if stuart signs with canberra and jt or the other coaches dont come to the eels they will end up with nothing & will have to rely on another rookie in arthurs to coach a struggling team under massive pressure

i dont think fitzy actually sacked a coach midseason but did he choose not to renew brian smith's contract?

Its still not sacking & it was also after 10 years. Its fare to say smithy's time was up with the eels dont you think

Eels Dude

Coach
HE has never built a team to win a premiership.

2 both rosters were strong when he took over & he screwed them both up

HE is tough & has screwed over every halfback he has coached

Tactically he is a moron. The last state of origin game proved it. YOu playing in qld & you go there with only 2 props. Then when qld bring on there pigs our boys cant handle the roll they get.

He released de gois to sign corey hughes. A 23 year old hooker with loads of ptential & signed a 31 year former back rower turned hooker. He has no idea.

Players love him at club level because they get away with murder under him

He may not have built the Roosters from scratch but he did what both Phil Gould and Graham Murray couldn't... and that's get that one step further and actually win a Grand Final. The Roosters had been one of the powerhouses in the comp for the previous 6 years but neither Murray or Gould could get them over the line whereas Stuart did. He deserved some credit for that.

I'll agree his origin experiment was a disaster. But his tactics at club level served him well over the course of his career. In fairness he had to try something left field with the Blues though to beat QLD with their squad but it wasn't a good option.

You said the other day that I come across as irrational when discussing Kearney, and you might have a point there. But if I am irrational discussing Kearney then you are equally irrational when it comes to your dismissal of Ricky Stuart.

Latest posts