What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

spartan2153

Juniors
Ricky Stuarts post Roosters stats are not 33%. Thats his Origin stats fof f*cks sake. All up - it's 46%.

So 46% all up after 8 years of coaching. The first 3 years were guided by a great chooks side that he took over with gus as a coaching director.

His stats the next 5 years are 33%. He had 1 decent year at cronulla the rest were bad. If kearney is not going to get credit for last years tight losses than ricky doesnt get them for his tight losses at cronulla.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Raiders are still confident. If an offer is on the table from Sticky, then that's great news.

If I was Fordo, I'd be very bullish and make the Eels pay in these desperate times.

Then again I'm a merkin when it comes to these things.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of number do you reckon he would be looking at?

So its fare to say that he cant build a side to be a power house, but is good at sucking the team for everything it has at the time.

The eels need to be built. This team is so far from premiership material it aint funny,

He released degois for f**kn corey hughes.
Sorry to interrupt here but this is not true.
I know both Stick and Issac and he was never "released", Newcastle made him a better offer, and his contact was up.
However, he did release Kingston to you guys.
If you guys are to sign Stick, make it for 3 years and that's it. The way he coaches means the results will happen in that time and not after.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So all you merkins bagged the crap out of him like i did for 2 years but now that he is gone are saying good luck steve you tried your best. Making out like you actually wanted him to succeed.

I have death riden him from day one & now that he is gone i aint gonna pretend like i wish him luck. Hell no. He ruined our club & i stand bu my original statement that he was crap & the board have now proved they made a mistake.

I wont sit there like you merkins & pretend i care about him now & say al the best.

I now get why you are laughed at so much on here. To actually put me with the kearney lovers proves your a moron

spartan, any thoughts in letting it all go and moving forward? I don't mean what happened last week but 2010...

he didn't ruin the club, he failed this year and we're probably not sitting that pretty for next year when you see our roster, but ruin is a really harsh word to use..

spartan2153

Juniors
spartan, any thoughts in letting it all go and moving forward? I don't mean what happened last week but 2010...

he didn't ruin the club, he failed this year and we're probably not sitting that pretty for next year when you see our roster, but ruin is a really harsh word to use..

Apart from that post stagger where have i mentioned da in the last few months. You know what i thought of kearney but yet i have mentioned he still would be better for this club than sticky.

If you think making our club a laughing stock is not ruining it than you have problems. YOu know we are a joke when manly & bulldog supporters say they feel sorry for you

Avenger

Immortal
Raiders are still confident. If an offer is on the table from Sticky, then that's great news.

If I was Fordo, I'd be very bullish and make the Eels pay in these desperate times.

Then again I'm a merkin when it comes to these things.

Canberra still have to sack Furner first. Seeing that is Ricky's mate, I don't think it will happen. Ricky's waterfront down the road from yours truly is too good to rent out anyway. The money from us will go well towards paying off that mortgage.

Jodeci

Bench
I can't go into the complexity of the raiders deal.

Yes they have offered him more money than us.

cv8z

Juniors
Ricky Stuarts post Roosters stats are not 33%. Thats his Origin stats fof f*cks sake. All up - it's 46%.

What is interesting is that his first season was pretty much identical to our last year. Narrow last minute losses killed them. He made the minor changes to convert those into wins - and they came equal first. Kearney made minor changes, and we couldnt win a f*cking chook raffle!

Anyone whinging if we pick up Sticky after punting Kearney is like someone selling a f*cking Kia and complaining about getting a Ferrari.

Which is all his fault right?

He took Easts to three straight grand finals. Second coach to do so legally since Warren Ryan at Canterbury in 86. Took Cronulla to an almost MP bar for and against. That's better than their miracle year this year ffs!. And why did things go to sh*t at Cronulla? Tony Zappia. Sex Scandal. Fraud. The same f*ckwit board that Chris Anderson left because of. Greg Bird. No money.

None of that is Sticky's fault.

Three grand final at one, a very unlikely prelim GF at another. I'm sure they would have preferred Kearney. FFS..........

He probably is. Jack Gibson was a 3 year coach.

Sticky is one bloke who will do whatever it takes. He will motivate, hassle and challenge players. He will get into referees. He will expect board support - and wreak some sort of havock if it doesnt come. We have not had that since Jack Gibson. Monie and Hilditch would never rock the boat. Cronin was not demanding of success. Smith was obsessed with his white board and text and just annoyed everybody. Taylor just wasnt here long enough, but seems to be too much of the players mate. Hagan - underrated - was too relaxed. Ando had one game plan. Kearney too much of a hippy peaceful attitude - may as well have been coached by Neil.

06ocznu7ygriir.jpg

Ricky Stuart would be a vast improvement. It could not get worse. Forfeiting would be an improvement. Anyone bemoaning sacking Mooks for Sticky would complain about winning lotto.

But the real thing is this - we are relying on Benny Elias being 99.9% certain. That could mean he read it in his tea leaves.

after that rant i would have thought you were a double stack guy

Attachments

• double stack.jpg
    double stack.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1

eels_fan

First Grade
Stuart's decision (if he gets the gig) on whether Hayne plays FB or 5/8 could go a long way to deciding if Hayne is with us post-2013.

I have a feeling he will be brought in with permission to hire/fire whomever he wants to turn the club around. He may not value Hayne as much as others have? Conversely, he may bring out the best in him

Avenger

Immortal
It's the terms and conditions that sticky wants.

Gus Gould had already put his 2 cents in.

That's all I can say

Can I have a guess?

When you say Gus Gould are you saying he has put his hand up to coach or is Gould influencing Stuart ?

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon we are offering a 2 year deal while Stuart wants at least 3 to 5 years. Just a guess, Jodeci would know 100 times more than I.

parra pete

Referee
Canberra still have to sack Furner first. Seeing that is Ricky's mate, I don't think it will happen. Ricky's waterfront down the road from yours truly is too good to rent out anyway. The money from us will go well towards paying off that mortgage.

Raiders won't sack David. He will see out his contract until end of 2014..If Stuart is to be the new Raiders coach it won't be until 2015..

MrT

Juniors
I still want bellamy. I'd give Taylor the gig for rest of year and next year and tell him openly we want Bellamy but you have this time to prove yourself.

This is probably the most important moment in parra's last 30 years. We have some unreal talent aged about 17 years old

McGill
Frazer
Kelepi
Pauli Pauli
Clay

etc

Bellamy has been known for bringing up young players. i'd say he'd love to be in control of a nursery parra pocesses.

Staurt would bring in the passion no doubt, but I saw nothing spectacular in NSW's play in origin

Latest posts