What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

eloquentEEL

First Grade
It's funny but neither Origin coach are guys that I would want in charge of my club

A good Origin coach would be great for a finals series. The issue is making sure the team can get to the finals each year in the first place, without completely burning out after the first 18 rounds of their tenure.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I dont understand why some if these moronic forumites oppose Stuart as coach, he will attract player he will put players in there place if necessary and not accept mediocrity, who else is out there, JT, Dymock or Folkes, In my opinion they all come a second to Stuart, we need someone with a profile and who better than the NSW coach he must have something going for him, wake up people and understand the seriousness of our situation what is the matter with some you, if we do not sign Stuart the future is very very bleak!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I dont understand why some if these moronic forumites oppose Stuart as coach, he will attract player he will put players in there place if necessary and not accept mediocrity, who else is out there, JT, Dymock or Folkes, In my opinion they all come a second to Stuart, we need someone with a profile and who better than the NSW coach he must have something going for him, wake up people and understand the seriousness of our situation what is the matter with some you, if we do not sign Stuart the future is very very bleak!!

What's the matter with you? No - I ask you in all seriousness. What is your problem? Calling people morons because they have a different opinion to yours? Seriously?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The hardest job in world coaching is Real Madrid.

Just ask Rade Antic. He was sacked midway through the 1991/92 season after Real Madrid's first loss of the season. They had won 12 of their first 13 league matches and drawn the other. At Real Madrid it's silverware or sacking.. simple as that.

The money must be phenomenal though...

I would say the Oakland Raiders actually....

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
What's the matter with you? No - I ask you in all seriousness. What is your problem? Calling people morons because they have a different opinion to yours? Seriously?
Who would u like to coach us?, and Morons in this forum is far from an insult bud.

Hire Ricky and you will never ever have a half back worth shit.

Oh, sorry guys you already have those...but in all seriousness, Ricky is a half back killer

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Hire Ricky and you will never ever have a half back worth shit.

Oh, sorry guys you already have those...but in all seriousness, Ricky is a half back killer
You ve answered your own question mate. Sandow cant play any shitter than he is at the moment along with Roberts so what do they have to lose, people seem to forget that Stuart has had 2 years under his belt looking after some of our most elite players, therefor I fail to see why some people are so against him coaching us, he is the best coach available at the moment by a country mile yet people are banging on, I again I ask who is better??

caylo

Bench
Ricky is a good tactician, he reads the game well and generally creates good game plans. Also any team that has Ricky as a coach has shown they have multiple set plays that are pretty effective and hard to read plus they have all had good defensive structures and that is from his time at the roosters to the sharks and now at NSW.

Rickys greatest problem has always been his ability to build a club IMO and unless you have intricate knowledge of what goes on in every club its hard to judge him on how well the coach build the jnr system and I doubt anyone here has that knowledge on the roosters and sharks while Ricky was there.

If Stuart comes at least we have a proven NRL coach and much better then Taylor or Folkes who have been out of the game for a long time. Staurt does bring some glamor to the coaching role (similar to when SK signed on) and will attract more plays over.

Personally I'm all for it and otherwise I would see how Arthur went first and he would be my preference over most of the other candidates.

EELS300

Juniors

Very well said, couldn't agree more.

Plus Ricky has passion !

Let's get him on board ASAP so he can begin the healing and re building process for 2013.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ricky is a good tactician, he reads the game well and generally creates good game plans. Also any team that has Ricky as a coach has shown they have multiple set plays that are pretty effective and hard to read plus they have all had good defensive structures and that is from his time at the roosters to the sharks and now at NSW.

Rickys greatest problem has always been his ability to build a club IMO and unless you have intricate knowledge of what goes on in every club its hard to judge him on how well the coach build the jnr system and I doubt anyone here has that knowledge on the roosters and sharks while Ricky was there.

If Stuart comes at least we have a proven NRL coach and much better then Taylor or Folkes who have been out of the game for a long time. Staurt does bring some glamor to the coaching role (similar to when SK signed on) and will attract more plays over.

Personally I'm all for it and otherwise I would see how Arthur went first and he would be my preference over most of the other candidates.

I think the key is getting a assistant coach to be responsible for the junior structures along with Peter Nolan.

I would say at the roosters there was no culture of developing juniors when he was there and at the sharks there wasnt the resources available (which will be at the eels) to have a defined structure in plan

Last edited:

cv8z

Juniors

Shorely you jest?

caylo

Bench
Shorely you jest?

Not at all. My preference would have been to have sk finish his contract and see what it produced. I didn't think the options were much better so realistically its was the devil you know over the devil you don't.

Now his gone it will be between stuart, Taylor, dymock and Folkes if you believe reports. So this is the way I see it:
Stuart - as I said earlier
Taylor- hadn't coached in a long time and when he did he was ok, still fairly unproven as a coach
Folkes-he had some good seasons, an realitivly smart coach but polarised some players and has been MIA for quite some time. So a gamble to say the least.
Dymock - no coaching experiance, the biggest gamble.

Now Arthur is a gamble but the board can watch as he goes about his buissness for the rest of the year, a good jnr coach and apparently tactically pretty good. No less a risk and really no less proven the Taylor, Folkes and Dymock so why not.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Now Nolan is a gamble but the board can watch as he goes about his buissness for the rest of the year, a good jnr coach and apparently tactically pretty good. No less a risk and really no less proven the Taylor, Folkes and Dymock so why not.

Nolan is not a coach...

Parra Pride

Referee
Now Nolan is a gamble but the board can watch as he goes about his buissness for the rest of the year, a good jnr coach and apparently tactically pretty good. No less a risk and really no less proven the Taylor, Folkes and Dymock so why not.

Nolan is recruitment & retention, not coaching.

#ThoughRecruitingGoodYoungPlayersGoesALongWay #JustAskBrisbane

Latest posts