What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart Should not have been given the NSW Job

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Firstly I want to point out that Ricky stuart is a good coach, but he is NOT the best man for the job.

He has a good record of making 4 Grand finals. But he also has a Squad of 25 or 35 that are possibly the best in the game for talent and depth.

Then you can add the most expensive Flegg players in history ( as Fletcher stated in a interview when he moved to the rabbits).

They are continually coming through, the best of the best talented 15 year olds poached from all over Australia.

Good Luck to the roosters, Good management, Lots of $$$$$$.

BUT,

The Roosters are sitting on 8 points after 9 Rounds. Luckily beat the rabbits after souths lost 3 blokes for the second half, got beaten by a Dragons team that played well below their best.

Beat the panthers through intercepts. Just got ontop of the Newcastle reserve grade side today took 40 mins ??.. Inept.

Stuarts use of the bench is the worst in the NRL, he continually changes halfbacks during a game. plays 4 blokes at 5/8 per game ??.

This is not a Roosters bashing thread, I have praised their management , It's about Ricky Stuart.

Fitler and Finch where together for a couple of seasons, always played together, The roosters harldy had major injuries for long periods to more than 1 or 2 quality players.

Being able to play your halves on a weekly basis, especially having someone like Brad Fitler there, is going to set your team up well, And you should be looking to win a competition on the back of that.

Stuart against everyones wishes at the Roosters kept playing Walker for some reason. When it was clear their were better players to use. Why ?

He may go on and win the SOO, with all the talent he will have at his disposal, But if he losses, he should be tossed out.

How was the position given ?. Why was the position given to another Roosters coach ?. Who makes these rules? Who ?

Stuarts stats this season without Brad Fitler are less than 50%, Mind you with a full squad of players, no major injuries. Only Finch has been missing a few games, yet they won 3 of their 4, without him.
Soliola has missed a couple of games, and is a great talent, But he has played what 4 games? Harldy someone they would miss immensely.

THe Dogs who are missing, Sonny, O'Mealey, Mason, Reni, hughes, Perry, are on the same points as the Roosters.

The Dragons who were missing Barrett, Ryles, Gasnier, Cooper , head are also on the same points.

This makes you wonder?. How would the roosters go, if they all of a sudden had some long term injuries to key players?

If you have a full compliment of players, you should be firing.

Even the Raiders, who have lost a stack of players recently are in Position number 1. Why ?.. Good coach who achieved plenty last season, and more so this season.

The best coach at the moment for NSW is a proven one.

Graham Murray or Matty Elliott.

Ricky Win it or stand down.

This is My opinion. Like it or not.

Even Melon agrees Stuart has little clue at the moment. See threads below.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=58280

Over to you.!

woodgers

Bench
Matty Elliott is not the best coach, not close unfortunately. He persists with deadwood like Tired Smith and the Brad Drew/Bulgarelli farce will never be forgotten. He does get his teams to do the basics right which wouldn't be enough to win an Origin series. His tactics are often way off in my opinion, others may disagree.

Stuart shouldn't be coach simply because he coaches an NRL team. I say the same with Hagan and Bennett. It opens doors for bias and could be used to lure players to club sides as they will be under the coach's nose. I don't know who could do the job, but I really don't like the club coach's doing the rep jobs. Having said that, I have no issue with any of the above coach's or Stuart if he wasn't a club coach.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
good one dog4life :lol: :lol:

Stuart will go on to be the most successful origin coach of all time, sorry translation, but your wrong

TRANSLATION

Juniors
dog4life said:
Matt Elliot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Yes.

Steve Folkes should have been given a WELL deserved chance to coach the blues.

a Team losing a majority of players is still playing good football.

Matty Is better than what you think.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't agree, he's a petulent child sometimes and a showpony too. He lacks the level head to be a great coach. Someone like Folkes or Bellamy or Murray should put their hand up for it. The Rooster influence is a little too strong in NSW SOO ranks IMO

ByRd

First Grade
I didnt say anything about Folkes so you & elliot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghoulies

Bench
Sadly for us QLD'ers Elliot is already in contention for the Maroons coaching job next year.

woodgers

Bench
I was just thinking who could do the job for each side. I would like a Wally Lewis or Beetson for QLD (although I don't really give a stuff) & the Blues possibly a Sterling or Daley. I realise they don't have coaching records but I would expect they would be interested in a big job that spans only 3 matches. The main thing is that every player that pulls on their respective jumper in Origin would have a huge amount of respect for what each one of these guys have achieved at this level before them.

Striker

Juniors
Id like to see John Lang as the QLD coach, although i think he has said that he wont do it while at the panthers.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
NSW don't have a halves problem so he won't be changing the combination all game. His use of the bench is purely out of desperation during games. Ricky will go well in Origin I think.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Translation = NFI.. Murray and Elliott proven coaches... lol.. What have they ever won? Between them they have about 12-13 years + of First Grade coaching for one grand final and no wins. How did Graham Murray coach today? You have once again proven you have no idea..

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
Sadly for us QLD'ers Elliot is already in contention for the Maroons coaching job next year.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
surely they jest

he might acually do alright, as at that level the coaches dont really need to do much, as the players do their own thing.

Chachi

Bench
IMO I think it hardly matters whose coaching Origin. Look at Vautin. The players come together for about a week to train and then when it's game time it usually depends on who defends with more passion or who comes out with the freaky Billy Slater type stuff.

I think the coaching positions should not be given a year in advance so guys like Stuart and Hagan (who have better things to worry about) aren't in the position they currently are in regards to their committment to SOO.

Latest posts