What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thats one thing he got right. There is a lot of average players there that should not be playing first grade. Many factors, like extremely poor recruitment have contributed to the mess that Parra is in.

Ricky at Parra was always going to end in tears. Just be thankful he cleared the decks of all the passengers so a new coach can rebuild with hopefully some decent players.

edit: not supporting ricky, he is a major prick for doing this to the fans

I agree - he did the clean out that was required.

But to leave us in the lurch, and the way he's done it...it's gut-wrenching.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Who do parra fans want?

Taylor, Henry, a return of Brian smith? Sheens? Brad Arthur?

Henry is getting the job, apparently. Not sure I'm keen on him.

I don't think it really matters anyway, because knowing our f**king board, they'll either interfere to the point the coach quits, or they'll sack the new guy anyway.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah.

Not having a go at him or his family.

Just stating that these will probably be the main public reasons as to why he's doing what he's doing.

No, I understand what you're saying, mate. And I agree - I'm not trying to have a go at Sticky's family.

But he obviously knew of these circumstances when he signed for us and he still opted to sign the contract. I think he either used us to get back into the NRL so he could join another club, or he's too gutless to say the real reason he's quitting.

Honestly, for your sake, I hope his heart is in it - it wasn't at the Eels, clearly, and he's f**ked up an already f**ked up club.

The upside is that he isn't furner and wouldn't get a 30 game losing streak to prove his worth lol.

Im happy to give him a chance, wasn't my first preference but he was on the list.

some11

Referee
Jeez, there's gonna be a shitload of Raiders players trying to get themselves sacked after this news.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The upside is that he isn't furner and wouldn't get a 30 game losing streak to prove his worth lol.

Im happy to give him a chance, wasn't my first preference but he was on the list.

Your squad is loads better than ours, so he should at least be able to make the Raiders competitive.

thorson1987

Coach

But he is a club legend.

They would probably give him a 50 game losing streak to prove himself

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hmmm true I guess, it'll be interesting to see how many of them have the guts to stick around and see what a new coach is like.

Hopefully, all the trouble-makers piss off. Blokes like Dugan and Ferguson are huge talents, but they're poison to a strong footy culture IMO. I hope Sticky can provide some firm leadership and weed out the bad seeds for you guys.

As for my club, he played all of us members and fans for fools, and my club is now in even more disarray. I'm gutted (and I wasn't even 100% sure that he was our man tbh).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Schizo moment for eels fans, mightily peeved at being screwed for two years but must be happy he's gone. Raiders what are you thinking? Who in their right mind poaches a wooden spoon coach?

I was kind of feeling a bit sorry for the Raiders. Now I feel like an acquaintance just got told they have terminal cancer.

You have farkwits walk or get sacked for booze, bad behavior and even giving a dog a bone(r). Now a new signing that has the potential to make all these things seem minor issues.

Commiserations. A loss to StGeorge Illawarra in Canberra will be the start of a 10 game losing streak.