What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was kind of feeling a bit sorry for the Raiders. Now I feel like an acquaintance just got told they have terminal cancer.

You have farkwits walk or get sacked for booze, bad behavior and even giving a dog a bone(r). Now a new signing that has the potential to make all these things seem minor issues.

Commiserations. A loss to StGeorge Illawarra in Canberra will be the start of a 10 game losing streak.

All this talk of a losing streak...Canberra still has to play us, and they will easily beat us IMO.

BranVan3000

Coach
How low is this guy? All this talk about deregistering players like Ferguson for walking out on a contract, how about this coach? The guy went to Parra, showed nothing but contempt for the players, dismantled the roster and has hung them out to dry at the first sniff of a better offer. Parra and their fans should be furious.

Y2Eel

First Grade
How many former cronulla players did the eels sign this year or even nsw players he coached. .

Well that sucks, if it's true.

Could be a lot worse though and at least that's out of the way and we can start focusing on other things now, like retaining Milford and desperately searching for a quality hooker (hopefully Ricky still has his eyes on Roby).

A lot worse?

You'll know what a lot worse means when ricky is done with your club.

How low is this guy? All this talk about deregistering players like Ferguson for walking out on a contract, how about this coach? The guy went to Parra, showed nothing but contempt for the players, dismantled the roster and has hung them out to dry at the first sniff of a better offer. Parra and their fans should be furious.

Hard to argue

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's weird - I think most of our fans are relieved in one way, but angry in another.

I agree with your sentiments, but apparently, we [stupidly] put some sort of clause in his contract that said he could walk out, so we have ourselves to blame, I guess.

When will my club start taking itself professionally again?

adamkungl

Immortal
Besides the Tigers (who actually seem to now have the seeds for a half decent future) the two clubs involved in this are the two biggest basketcases going around right now.

Parra is stuck at the bottom of the ladder, poor recruiting for 2014 suggests they are going no where fast. Now Ricky after giving them a record extending spoon leaves for big money.

And Canberra, where do you start here. Since the start of the season they've lost two of their biggest talents in Dugan and Ferguson. Milford looks to be following them out. Now they get a coach who is fresh off yet another disaster.

This right here is the 2014 spoon race.

Quality post BM.

Wow things aren't Allgood at Parra are they?

They seem to be in quite the Sticky situation. :(

Loudstrat

Coach
Good call BranVan. Dismantling a club then pissing off.

In hindsight what pisses me off is that it was him that bagged Folau for signing with Union - any chance we had of luring him back was gone then and there. I backed him for culling half the squad mid season - it had to be done - there was more dead wood with us than in a f*cking lumber yard. But especially in he back end of the season he cast such a paull of doom over the place that no one had te confidence to do anything. We have a young squad when you take out Sticky's rejects - that have a tonne of attacking ability - but are hopelessly under-prepared for NRL level footy. The first thing they need is confidence, and he never gave it to them.

Apey

Staff member
The mannah in which Ricky has left the club is enough to send Parra fans loko.

I never ever thought I would be pissed off at something that happened at another club (especially Parramatta) but this is on the level of how I felt when SBW walked out on us.

Tbh this may actually be even worse because of the fact that he promised Parra fans the world, gave so many players the flick with the promise that it was part of his "plan" and completely wrote off this entire year as "rebuilding".

As a RL fan in general I think this is just unacceptable and something needs to be done about mid-contract walkouts.

Side note: I know this is a little hypocritical of me to be pissed off considering Hasler left mid contract, but at least he left the club when they we at the top and didn't completely disassemble the team.

Last edited:

Bench
I never ever thought I would be pissed off at something that happened at another club (especially Parramatta) but this is on the level of how I felt when SBW walked out on us.

Tbh this may actually be even worse because of the fact that he promised Parra fans the world, gave so many players the flick with the promise that it was part of his "plan" and completely wrote off this entire year as "rebuilding".

As a RL fan in general I think this is just unacceptable and something needs to be done about mid-contract walkouts.
I agree,but realistically Parra fans should be jumping for joy,this bloke can't coach,and Canberra are seriously deluded if they think he is their saviour.
If Parra get Henry they have seriously traded up,Furner to Stuart I don't think is trading up.

Loudstrat

Coach
Im not confident about Henry, but at this stage I think even Bunniesman would be an improvement.

Latest posts