What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky

Bundy

Juniors
From a very good source.

The Club has approached Ricky through his Manager with regards to the coaching job for 2007. Ricky is said to be favourable.

I don't think any decision will be made on Raper's position until the outcome of this review. Then they can blame the decision on that. In today's Leader there is a stroty that mentions a decision was made at the Board meeting the other night to expedite the review. It seems they are in a rush to get the results. Lets hope this is so they can make their decision to boot Raper sooner rather than later as Ricky won't be on the market for long. Rugby Union has already approached him with a very favourable offer.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Fantastic news. Could this be the first final step in;

a) Getting some testicular fortitiude and doing what is best for the club
b) Something greater. (I dare not mention the word)

beekershark

Bench
Excellent point about the AGM.

I can see this happening bundy, the board will want to make such a strong change BEFORE members next sit down to vote for them.

If they dont sack raper and things are the same come AGM time......they know they're gone.

Don't you know boys ? go on, post something in your own defence Board members, I know you're reading :) we know who you are too !

bwhhwahahhahahah !

givmeabeer

Juniors
I will 2nd that The board needs to act quickly on this one to show the members they are serious about this footy club, otherwise alot of people and companies that support the club will walk.

elmosharky

Juniors
I maybe just a Queenslander! but where I come from, when ricky got the sack, all I could hear were cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!and suck s**t!

Sack Raper and Sign John Lang if he will come! Please don't sign another Chris Anderson!

Nullajet

Juniors
why are we getting excited about signing ricky........I dont rate him much better than George!!

better, yes.....by much.......NO!

Quigs

Immortal
Okay call me an Idiot - afterall George Roper already has.

But to me the Independant Review is just total bullsh!t. Even Quasimodo could tell you what was wrong with the club after the last few years....

The last 3 months... every dog and his you know what knows...

The Review is bullsh!t - it is just because someone is too gutless to make a decision that it is their responsibility to make.... or to put it another way ... their job to fix it.

If your house is burning down in a bushfire, you dont wait till someone comes along and independantly tells you your house is on fire. You put the bloody fire out or call the fire brigade and put it out. If it burns down you rebuild it.

The Circus Cronulla's Big Top is ablase. Quasimodo, 1000's of idiots, and everydog knows it. But we will wait for a review.... review my arse. The designated Ring Master George Roper can't or wont even admit there is smoke.

in the meantime there is a big red fire engine being driven by Ricky boy and it is probably full of water waiting to extinguish the inferno and start a quick rebuild.

But no we will burn to the ground first, then wait until the Independant Bullsh!t review says - "yes there has been a fire and all is burnt"

Ricky and his fire truck will not be found ...

The big question... will the Circus Cronulla put out all the flames or will it keep on smouldering....

Next February I bet we still all smell smoke. To late for backburning.

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)
Quigs

cronullashark

Juniors
[quote=Bundy]From a very good source.

The Club has approached Ricky through his Manager with regards to the coaching job for 2007. Ricky is said to be favourable.

I don't think any decision will be made on Raper's position until the outcome of this review. Then they can blame the decision on that. In today's Leader there is a stroty that mentions a decision was made at the Board meeting the other night to expedite the review. It seems they are in a rush to get the results. Lets hope this is so they can make their decision to boot Raper sooner rather than later as Ricky won't be on the market for long. Rugby Union has already approached him with a very favourable offer.[/quote]

Thursday August 31, 07:22 PM
Stuart won't go Shark hunting: Fordham

Ricky Stuart's management team has hit out at claims linking the sacked Sydney Roosters coach with a move to NRL rivals Cronulla, saying the former premiership-winning mentor wouldn't be "dancing on anyone's grave."
Stuart, who will part company with the Roosters after Saturday night's match against St George Illawarra, was named as a possible successor to Stuart Raper at the Sharks with Raper's position looking decidedly shaky at the Sutherland Shire club.
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['lxoQTMtU2a8-']='&U=13921qpi6%2fN%3dlxoQTMtU2a8-%2fC%3d539116.8942917.9753897.1975279%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d3845521';
b

Raper's position will come under review in the coming days with Cronulla's management team desperate to find a reason for the club's dramatic fall from grace this season in which they went from third to 12th and out of finals contention on the back of nine straight losses.
But Stuart's manager John Fordham said he had not been involved in any discussions with the Sharks or any other NRL club.
"When specific opportunities come up that's when we will talk turkey, at the moment I'm allowing him just to spend time preparing for his last game," Fordham said.
"(Ricky) just wants to finish off his contract with the Roosters in a very professional way ... we haven't sat down seriously and looked at any particularly avenues.
"We're not going to go dancing on people's graves either.
"People ask me about Cronulla Sharks and I said I understand that they have a coach, his name is Stuart Raper and we respect that."
Asked whether he believed Stuart would find a new club in the near future, Fordham said: "I can't answer that because I can't control that."
"We haven't spoken to anyone and no-one has spoken to us."
Another coach shown the door this week, South Sydney mentor Shaun McRae, refused to vent his frustrations to the waiting media at Rabbitohs training.
Interim Parramatta coach Jason Taylor has been promoted from assistant to head coach of the Rabbitohs for 2007, Souths chief executive Shane Richardson confirming McRae was visibly upset when told of the move.
But McRae refused to bite.
"I don't want to make any comment," McRae told reporters.
"All I will say is I have not slept very well and I wish you a good morning and a good afternoon.
"I need to get on with my job."
Meanwhile victorious Queensland State of Origin coach Mal Meninga says there's "not a hope in hell" of him taking over the reins of English Super League club St Helens next year.
London's Guardian newspaper named Meninga as the prime candidate to replace Daniel Anderson should the former Kiwi Test coach be granted a release to replace Stuart at the Roosters next season.
Meninga, who played one season for the Saints in 1984-85, declared he had absolutely no interest in coaching any rugby league club because of his heavy business interests.
"It's not true, and if it were, I'm not interested," Meninga said.
"I'm not interested in coaching any club," added Meninga, still yet to commit to the Queensland job next season after guiding the Maroons to a 2-1 series victory in his Origin debut this year.
"There's not a hope in hell."
Meninga hasn't coached a club side since his final year with the Canberra
Raiders in 2001.

So much for your source?????????

Source:http://au.news.yahoo.com/060831/2/10cub.html

spider

Coach
cronullashark said:
[quote=Bundy]From a very good source.

I don't think any decision will be made on Raper's position until the outcome of this review. Then they can blame the decision on that. In today's Leader there is a stroty that mentions a decision was made at the Board meeting the other night to expedite the review. It seems they are in a rush to get the results. Lets hope this is so they can make their decision to boot Raper sooner rather than later as Ricky won't be on the market for long.

The hasty nature of this decision has nothing to do with the shelf life of Ricky's availability. Sponsorships, boxes, season seats -all go back on sale for 07 very, very soon, basically as soon as our season concludes this marketing formality begins.

Now, from a boards perspective - how would all these facilities sell if they kept the same infrastructure in place that has been - a failing one???????

There is your reason for the expedition of it all - then there is the A.G.M in the first quarter of 07. The board cannot in any way shape or form allow Raper to hold the head position.

Its russian roulette with a full chamber - that in hand would they still spin the barrel?

Macca

Coach
I wouldn't put too much faith in Ricky's manager denying the rumours. I know who Bundy's source is and it's watertight.

Bundy

Juniors
Do you seriously believe that no-one has contacted the Australian Coach?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The Attorney

Juniors
I am not sure about Ricky Stuart

He is better than Raper but seems to be another my way or the highway type.

Do we need another Anderson?

He seems to have a belligerent attitude that Raper is also supposed to have.

Plus i personally hate the bloke

His antics at the roosters were poor at best

At the sharks he wont have the untold amounts of money and Political pull that comes hand in hand with the latte drinking eastern suburbs club

Can the sharks afford to sack players and hire high profile ones at will?

When we whinge about referess do they change their intrepretations/way they run the game?

The answer is no

In effect Ricky is untried. He hasnt been at any club who doesnt have the best playing roster money can buy

Could we be hiring a riches coach to a rags club?

My opinion might be tied into the fact that i am not a fan of the roosters (the manly waringah of the 2000's)

Latest posts