What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Clive Galea

Mr Saab

Referee
Big-Steve said:
Yeap enjoyed listening to him very much.

I seem to remeber he was a producer/program manager at 2GB at one stage???

Yes he was the producer on 2GB for the Hollywood and Zorba show

Rocco

Juniors
i dont pay too much attention to sydney media so i wouldnt know who is but condolences to his family and friends.

The Real Story

Juniors
A very respectful article in The Telegraph by Ray Chesterton 05.01.07. For those who are not familiar with Clive, this is a fair read.

In recent years when Clive rang the respective sports shows on 2KY and 2GB, he was always given the time and respect that he deserved and earnt. Yeah, sure he had the Roosters blinkers on, but beyond that his comments were that of an old pro, who had seen a lot and had good reason to share his objective view.

Having been in the media and involved in sport for so long, Clive also reciprocated with the respect for the compares of the respective sports shows.

Talk back radio creates characters out of regular punters. Some are put on pedestals, some think they are standing on one. There time is always shortlived.

Clives pedestal will never crumble. It is publicly known that he was family first and will be sadly missed by those who new him and were close to him.

As a regular punter his passing touched me. His identity and contribution to the sporting media will never be replaced, nor will it be forgotten.

Brutus

Referee
Clive was up there with Adrian with the quality of his calls. Sad news though.

Mr Saab

Referee
Clive was way above Adrian.
At least Clive didnt talk about the same topic call after call, station after station.

Brutus

Referee
Adrian now takes over the mantle as Sydney's number one footy talkback caller.

Well done Adrian from Foster.

Mr Saab

Referee
He is laughed at no matter which station he calls as he is sooo Repetitive and is made to look the fool with his comments that more often that not come back to haunt him....yes his comments about Lockyer being one of them

Mr Saab said:
Number one dropkick.

Daaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeen from souwfffffffffff ssydddeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyy and Janelle the bogan from bondi have the title well and truly sewn up. Darren makes the Wests Tigers Fanatics look like sharp witted scholars

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Sad news, I know a few in the family and they are good people.
Remember the thing about the passionate supporters like Clive is if they supported your team you would love them.
The fact they are passionate about RL they deserve our respect

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Farm off!!! Bunch of criminals by the sound of it.
I know some of the next generation and most are good people. A couple of loons but the rest pretty decent.
But the thing to remember is that generation are a different brand of crim. Not the sort that will shoot anyone while off their nut on their own product

But also they deserve our respect because if you don't respect them your front lawn will be set on fire .... :)

Tiger5150

Bench
I seem to remember that on the BSB they used to say that Clive was the father of an NRL player? I dont think he was Ben Galeas dad.....?