What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Lance Thompson

nöyd

Staff member
Perhaps someone here with more knowledge on the subject than I can shed some light (or completely debunk and deny) a story I heard about Lance years ago when I believe he was still playing for the Dragons.

Apparently he was filling up at some servo in suburban Sydney when he was approached by a fan - male or female I am not quite certain - however the story goes that this encounter ended with Lance either removing his footy shorts whilst he was wearing them or fetching a pair out of his car and handing them over to this particular fan, which is a pretty cool thing to do, and shows the class and good nature of the guy (if true).

Anyway, whether the above story is true or not, I can honestly say that I can't recall hearing about Lance getting in trouble staying out all hours of the night, getting into fights etc. etc. A good, tough and honest footballer and bloke, gone far too soon.

RIP.

2010Dragons

Bench
From head to toe he was red and white pure dynamite.
One of my favourite Dragons player of all times. I was shattered when he left the mighty red V and now I’m shattered again.
He loved the Dragons more than any player I have meet. He bleed red and white. It was an honour to have meet you and watched you grow. In my eyes you are a Dragons legend FOREVER!!!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
If Rugby League had a face it would look like this...

images

mozza91

Coach
Horrible news. Thompson was a real effort player. The type that you need in your team. Great work rate with a more than handy offload.
As a person he seemed highly respected by his teammates and opponents alike.

Really enjoyed his appearance on Vossy earlier this year. There was no airs and graces about him at all. An honest man and footballer.

Condolences to his family.

wibble

Bench
Everyone here has said it, but the overwhelming support here shows how respected he was.

I just found out watching a taped show from yesterday and just can't believe it. So sad.

What a terrible thing for his family, especially his daughter. Hopefully Lance doesn't have to worry about how cruel this world can be, any more.

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
Horrible news. Thompson was a real effort player. The type that you need in your team. Great work rate with a more than handy offload.
As a person he seemed highly respected by his teammates and opponents alike.

Really enjoyed his appearance on Vossy earlier this year. There was no airs and graces about him at all. An honest man and footballer.

Condolences to his family.
Shocking news,a tru