What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

The problem isn’t that easts won , it’s that the call of six to go and then reversed changed what happened on that tackle , Wighton took the tackle and didn’t try to pass or kick because the ref signalled six to go ... rightly or wrongly tell me when you have seen that happen on the run before ? If you say plenty of times you are f**king kidding yourself
Well done easts you took your opportunity to win and we didn’t .... would have been very interesting to see what happened that set of six though with 6/7 mins left ... field goal anyone ?

Springs09

Juniors
Ah of course it’s all the refs fault again. No matter how Canberra couldn’t score in the other 79 minutes of play either. Probably the refs fault too. Guess all the LU whingers will have to take up reffing now.

Springs09

Juniors
It’s pretty difficult to stop a human from shitting their pants in that situation.

Heart rate at about 180, 70 minutes of intense exercise, voices coming from everywhere, millimetre decision viewed at a distance of 20 meters

Are you kidding?! Clearly every LU poster could have made that decision with their eyes closed!

Ah of course it’s all the refs fault again. No matter how Canberra couldn’t score in the other 79 minutes of play either. Probably the refs fault too. Guess all the LU whingers will have to take up reffing now.
Still don’t get it do you buddy .... read the rules above and give yourself an uppercut

taste2taste

Juniors
The problem isn’t that easts won , it’s that the call of six to go and then reversed changed what happened on that tackle , Wighton took the tackle and didn’t try to pass or kick because the ref signalled six to go ... rightly or wrongly tell me when you have seen that happen on the run before ? If you say plenty of times you are f**king kidding yourself
Well done easts you took your opportunity to win and we didn’t .... would have been very interesting to see what happened that set of six though with 6/7 mins left ... field goal anyone ?

A call was changed It in the 48th minute when they ruled raiders knock on then incorrectly changed it to penalty.
That call had far more of an impact on the game because it led directly to Cronks sin binning.

taste2taste

Juniors
As others have said we should go back to 1 ref, the game would flow better but with only 1 set of eyes there is the potential for a lot more ref errors.

I'd also like to see captains call introduced to stop the constant use of the video ref. Players know if it was a try or not, let the refs make a call and if the player thinks it was wrong challenge it.

tri_colours

Juniors
And if the raiders score off the next set of 6 what happens ? The refs ruin the game by getting the Tedesco call wrong.

Ultimately the right call was made, yes Wighton was denied the chance to put in a kick but they hadn't troubled the roosters all night so I doubt anything would have come of it.

The Raiders had all the ball and played against 12 man in the second half and couldn't score. The Raiders attack was the problem not a ref making that right call.

Finally a bit of sense!

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
A call was changed It in the 48th minute when they ruled raiders knock on then incorrectly changed it to penalty.
That call had far more of an impact on the game because it led directly to Cronks sin binning.
That was during a break in play.

This is refs changing decisions during midplay. It's a dumb look.

Ref 1"knock on."

Player picks up the ball jogs 20m and everyone stops.

Ref 2 "No it wasn't play on'."

Player runs, get chased down and team scores on the next play.

And everyone says this game is f###ed.

Valheru

Coach
People still losing their minds about a correct decision.

It appears most people would have preferred the wrong decision be made.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Are people now complaining when the refs get the calls right ?

Tedesco didn't touch the ball did he ?
Debatable.

And no different to many 5050 decisions which weren't changed.

I'm happy with the first call.

Changing it midplay is a farce.

Dakink

Bench

I thinking the process that is the problem. I know from my playing days, once I saw the six again signal I wouldnt have heard the last tackle and even if I did would have assumed it was someone calling it incorrect. I don't know what the answer is though.

Game_Breaker

Coach

Was a 50/50 call
Refs can’t change their mind after they already signalled 6 again. It’s literally against the rules

Raiders could’ve taken a field goal for all we know. Cummins robbed them of the opportunity

Trent Robbinson whinging about a correct sin binning doesn’t change that either