What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#RiseForAlex R19 // Sat // Roosters 32-12 Panthers // Allianz

Round 19: Roosters v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

franklin2323

Immortal
Lol you guys are the ones making excuses before a tackle has been made despite the shit talking not taking place like you pointed out.

You will find that roosters fans on LU are generally quite realistic in pre match threads except of course when we are playing souths

The Penrith Draw thread says otherwise...

Danish

Referee
I think we will win, largely because the team has something to prove to itself after the loss to the Sharks.

Will be close either way. 4-8 points in it by full time and probably 1-2 lead changes.

MaxPower

Juniors
Lol you guys are the ones making excuses before a tackle has been made despite the shit talking not taking place like you pointed out.

You will find that roosters fans on LU are generally quite realistic in pre match threads except of course when we are playing souths

My point was you guys are being a little more pessimistic than is probably warranted. I had a look on the c**k&Balls forum and no one seems overly confident. A bit strange considering you are playing the pretend panthers.

TheFrog

Coach
We couldn't beat the Sharks after a 5 day turnaround. No team wins after short turnarounds, except the Knights, and its pretty much the only time they win.

This would be a tough assignment against any side, but against last year's premiers coming off an embarrassing loss and with a seriously disrupted and depleted side, well I think the betting markets having us at $4.00 is pretty close to the mark.

It's very hard to think of a single thing in our favour in this match. The Chickens have a tendency to believe they only have to turn up to win, that might be a positive for us. And they have a couple of rookie outside backs, but its a mean looking pack all the same. And SBW seems to be busy counting his money recently, or maybe its his new wife depleting his, er, essence?

Last edited:
We couldn't beat the Sharks after a 5 day turnaround. No team wins after short turnarounds, except the Knights, and its pretty much the only time they win.

This would be a tough assignment against any side, but against last year's premiers coming off an embarrassing loss and with a seriously disrupted and depleted side, well I think the betting markets having us at $4.00 is pretty close to the mark.

It's very hard to think of a single thing in our favour in this match. The Chickens have a tendency to believe they only have to turn up to win, that might be a positive for us. And they have a couple of rookie outside backs, but its a mean looking pack all the same. And SBW seems to be busy counting his money recently, or maybe its his new wife depleting his, er, essence?

That's what has us worried. Poor attitude this year.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Penrith Draw thread says otherwise...
So one fan is of the belief that you guys have had a soft draw and so...

tumblr_mn4p7ckqcg1sreq5lo1_500.gif

This gameday thread wouldn't have half the posts it does had I not created that behemoth, which has now got 500+ posts of Penrith fans raging that they haven't had a soft draw compared to others.

BCH

Juniors
Chooks should win by 10 to 12 points but not saying that with any great conviction.

MaxPower

Juniors
I don't care how soft our draw is tommy. Can you find a single person who doesn't think we have exceeded expectations so far this year?

TheFrog

Coach
So one fan is of the belief that you guys have had a soft draw and so...

tumblr_mn4p7ckqcg1sreq5lo1_500.gif

This gameday thread wouldn't have half the posts it does had I not created that behemoth, which has now got 500+ posts of Penrith fans raging that they haven't had a soft draw compared to others.

I agree with you Tommy. We have an easy draw. So does your team.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Oh we've had a very cushy draw recently, bar Manly away.

And that's despite Origin.

Unfortunately we botched it two weeks ago with that inexcusable loss to the Sharks.

Nealo 12

First Grade
Guys I know it's rise for Alex rnd but I will also be taking a moment to reflect on how John Farragher has been left after a devastating Rugby League accident back in 1978.

Blues Riff

Bench
Wasn't Gus playing for Newtown that day? I'm a bit young to recall the incident clearly. John's been a part of the Leagues club for as long as I can remember. A really nice positive guy.

Latest posts