What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL independence day arrives - NRL Independent Commission announced

Parra

Referee
Ok, but we get to keep all taxes made by Mining, Farming, Tourism etc.

What is new? Tax and spend.

The ARLC is the natural progression of the superleague war. The NSWRL / ARL lost.

Take the money from the game and give it to a few companies. If any segment is not contributing money to the few that demand it then axe that segment.

Bullfrog Moore's legacy.

This has doomed rugby league to be no bigger or better than it is. It can't grow and it will never die. All for the sake of some TV execs and some blokes who own the few teams that are not club based.

jbl31649

Juniors
For real though, there's something like 64 operating mines in NSW, I work at what would be considered a medium size pit.

It makes $1.3b a year, with expenses of $200m.

The goverment only got $600m in royalties.

These tight arses could collectively fund country league without breaking a sweat.

El Diablo

Post Whore
What is new? Tax and spend.

The ARLC is the natural progression of the superleague war. The NSWRL / ARL lost.

Take the money from the game and give it to a few companies. If any segment is not contributing money to the few that demand it then axe that segment.

Bullfrog Moore's legacy.

This has doomed rugby league to be no bigger or better than it is. It can't grow and it will never die. All for the sake of some TV execs and some blokes who own the few teams that are not club based.

just go and find a Yawnion forum to post on and don't come back

seaeagle sam

Teams:
Newcastle, Hunter, Illawarra,Nowra, Orange,Mugee,Armidale, Wagga, Canberra, Port Maquarie, Tweed, Lismore, Dubbo, Tamworth, Burke (long road trip there), probably a couple more.

That actually would be a terrific idea/comp. Apart from the travel that is

El Diablo

Post Whore
keep doing what you are told to.

matt_dunning_runs_wallabies_575425.jpg

jbl31649

Juniors
That actually would be a terrific idea/comp. Apart from the travel that is

Yeah bit of a dilema with the travel, but if the IC higher me, I'll knock on the door of every mine in NSW to contribute. Their slack with community donations.

Something like this needs some start up cash, but if its looked after well could work. What I'd try to do is work on the egos of the mines and companies to try and get braging rights if the team they sponsors wins.

We'll get free to air TV deals with local networks, really bring back Country footy in a major way.

All just pipe dreams.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The correct term is "Affiliated States", PR...

Time to move on from that derogatory term, liike we are some pointless amateur hour who just want to be "affiliated" with NSWRL and QRL. Time for the game to become truly national and recognise all the state RL organising bodies on equal terms.

Quidgybo

Bench
you forgettting the WARL,VRL,SARL,NTRL and TasRL?

Time to move on from that derogatory term, liike we are some pointless amateur hour who just want to be "affiliated" with NSWRL and QRL. Time for the game to become truly national and recognise all the state RL organising bodies on equal terms.
But they're not really equal are they? The WARL and smaller bodies like the SARL are more akin to the QRL Northern Division or even just the Townsville & District Rugby League. The QRL, NSWRL and CRL work on an entirely bigger scale. They support many Groups and Districts, all running league competitions from kids to senior A grade. But unlike the QRL Northern Division or the TDRL, the WARL work directly with the ARLC without any middle layer of administration.

What I question is whether we really need that middle layer of administration (ie. board and executive staff) between the Groups/Districts and the ARLC in Queensland and NSW. And even if we conclude that we do need that middle layer, I certainly don't believe we need three duplicates of it (ie. NSWRL, CRL, QRL). In the modern age of travel and communciations one body, one board and one executive staff should be enough to govern everything outside the professional game.

Leigh.

Last edited:

Quidgybo

Bench
CRL to merge with the NSWRL. Well, that's the beginning of the end for bush footy.

Um, the CRL and NSWRL have shared the same building for as long as I can remember, at Phillips Street. So that is not a new thing. I haven't spoken to any CRL people yet because I haven't had a chance but if it is true that we have to merge with the NSWRL that can't be good. It can't be true. No one would agree to it. The CRL would sooner switch to union.

Well if you believe it can't be true (which I have no doubt is the case otherwise we would've heard about it), then why are you going off like it's the end of the world? Some journo has half understood a statement made in a press conference and got the wrong end of the stick. Big deal.

The NSWRL is a basket case. They can't even run their own game properly in an area the size of one or two CRL Groups, even with the NRL throwing every cent it has into western Sydney. If the same people have anything to do with running the game in the bush where there are far more natural obstacles we're screwed.

If the NSWRL is a basket case as you suggest then let's abolish them and let whoever you think is competent at managing that level of the game, whether that by the CRL or QRL, extend their control into their territory. If necessary we can call it a "takeover" or "merger" if that sounds more politically correct. But whatever we call it let's reform the lower tiers and grassroots to fix the damm problem instead of getting into patriotic slanging matches over your administration being crap while my administration is under funded but does sterling work with what it's got. Reward those who do a good job with a wider territory and more of the funding, and let's cut out those who waste our money and do a half arsed job protecting their little fiefdom.

Leigh.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
I know who deserves more of the blame. The CRL does what it can. The NRL does not. The reasons the game is struggling in some places is due mainly to outside factors, but the NRL hasn't done much to help.

Keep it up ECT . . . just watch the blood pressure. I'll keep on trying to convert my grandson and his mates back to League.

Too bloody easy for these well organised farmers to promote Union

Well if you believe it can't be true (which I have no doubt is the case otherwise we would've heard about it), then why are you going off like it's the end of the world? Some journo has half understood a statement made in a press conference and got the wrong end of the stick. Big deal.

If the NSWRL is a basket case as you suggest then let's abolish them and let whoever you think is competent at managing that level of the game, whether that by the CRL or QRL, extend their control into their territory. If necessary we can call it a "takeover" or "merger" if that sounds more politically correct. But whatever we call it let's reform the lower tiers and grassroots to fix the damm problem instead of getting into patriotic slanging matches over your administration being crap while my administration is under funded but does sterling work with what it's got. Reward those who do a good job with a wider territory and more of the funding, and let's cut out those who waste our money and do a half arsed job protecting their little fiefdom.

Leigh.
But the CRL is never going to replace the NSWRL. What you have to remember is the old ARL was QRL and NSWRL - CRL never got a say at that level even though it has more players than the NSWRL. The admin of the game is Sydney centric and always has been. We're just lucky we set up a body like the CRL in the 30s otherwise I can't imagine how the game would have grown and survived and become an organised structure in the bush. And this notion that CRL officials are like some sort of feudal kings who get paid heaps of money and spend it to keep themselves in power is just a stereotype with little truth. They are actually volunteers who have started at club level or in referee associations, moved onto Group committees, been elected into Group executives and then gone on to CRL committees. They don't get paid and if people don't like what they're doing they get voted out. It's not some kind of oligarchy. There are people who make it to these boards who aren't particularly talented but at least they represent their area and its needs. I can't see how a commission in Sydney is going to do that.

Latest posts